Hacking System upgrade error

Zelgadis87

New Member
OP
Newbie
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
4
Trophies
0
XP
11
Country
Italy
Hello guys,

Today I tried to upgrade my softmodded Wii to version 4.2E from 4.1E. I'm writing here because, of course, it didn't work that well..
frown.gif

I already had HBC, so I installed the IOS236 and was going to update the system menu.
I downloaded all the wads to install using ModMii (as said by the guide), then went on the Wii, used the supplied wad manager and batch installed every wad. Problem is I received an error on two of them:

CODE4.2E_Systemmenu_v482.wad - Title (-1036)
IOS70v16687(IOS70v6687[FS-ES-NP]).wad - Ticket (-2011)

Final Status - 2 did not complete

Now, checking on the guide here on GBATemp I discover that I should have installed these two before the others......
Have not tried to do many things after that, but noticed that the Wii still *seems* to work (aka, I can reach the main menu and load the HBC) but the system menu still says V4.1E.

Some help would be appreciated.
Thanks
 

Yuan

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
1,291
Trophies
0
XP
371
Country
Brazil
You need to install IOS70 first, only after a successful install you should try to install a new system menu.

Installing System Menu 4.2 without IOS70 will result in a brick.
 

Zelgadis87

New Member
OP
Newbie
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
4
Trophies
0
XP
11
Country
Italy
Yuan said:
You need to install IOS70 first, only after a successful install you should try to install a new system menu.

Installing System Menu 4.2 without IOS70 will result in a brick.

Luckily the wad manager knew that .. ^^'
Problem is I can't install the IOS70 even if I try to install it alone.. the error is the same Ticket (-2011). How can I do it ?
EDIT: Should I try with a different IOS70 file (maybe it got corrupted, no idea) ?
 

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2008
Messages
746
Trophies
0
Age
36
Location
Canada! Mah Fukas!
Website
Visit site
XP
238
Country
Canada
lmao...

use sciifii to upgrade...

click advanced install turn on upgrade to 4.2 turn on install priiloader, and its your choice for cios 17b (its my fovorite) then click go or start i cant remember wich one it says.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST HBC
 

Zelgadis87

New Member
OP
Newbie
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
4
Trophies
0
XP
11
Country
Italy
Yuan said:
Well, are you using Wad Manager 1.7 and using a patched IOS on it (236 or 249)?

I'm using the Wad Manager included in Multi-Mod Manager 13.4, and I used the IOS236 v5 installer just before trying the upgrade.

EDIT: BAH, re-read what you said more carefully... I installed the IOS236 but didnt check if that was the one being used by the wad manager..... It wasn't...... -_________-"
Installed IOS70 succesfully, system menu 4.3 up and running.

Thank you VERY much!
 

Yuan

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
1,291
Trophies
0
XP
371
Country
Brazil
Zelgadis87 said:
Yuan said:
Well, are you using Wad Manager 1.7 and using a patched IOS on it (236 or 249)?

I'm using the Wad Manager included in Multi-Mod Manager 13.4, and I used the IOS236 v5 installer just before trying the upgrade.

Right, but is MMM running on IOS236 (you can check it on last line of main menu of MMM)?

If still not working (and you have wi-fi on your wii) you can go on IOS section of MMM and install IOS70 v6687 (double check the version number) and choose yes on all patches.
 

Zelgadis87

New Member
OP
Newbie
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
4
Trophies
0
XP
11
Country
Italy
Yuan said:
Zelgadis87 said:
Yuan said:
Well, are you using Wad Manager 1.7 and using a patched IOS on it (236 or 249)?

I'm using the Wad Manager included in Multi-Mod Manager 13.4, and I used the IOS236 v5 installer just before trying the upgrade.

Right, but is MMM running on IOS236 (you can check it on last line of main menu of MMM)?

If still not working (and you have wi-fi on your wii) you can go on IOS section of MMM and install IOS70 v6687 (double check the version number) and choose yes on all patches.

Yeah, went to recheck just that while you were writing, see my edit above. Thanks again man!
 

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
    x65943 @ x65943: >___\\