Hacking System Update Issues

JohnnyFive1982

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there guys

I was helping my friend soft mod his Wii, since I had been through the process before without any issues, but this one turned into a bit of a nightmare. I used the simplistic mod, and followed all the steps in order, both updating to 4.2 and modifying, and everything seemed to go okay. We couldnt get DVD movies to play, and the avatar backup he brough wouldnt launch through softchip, but we could play games and media off the usb drive, so it looked like a mission accomplished. Unfortunately, when he attempted to load his "madagascar" game(an original), the Wii prompts us to do a system update. But when I look in the Wii settings menu, it tells us that the system is already on 4.2U.

I've tried to just start the update over again, but now bannerbomb (the version from simplistic mod update) wont launch at all.

Any Ideas?

also, if anyone knows a good iso to wbfs converter, that would be a great bonus

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
to block disc updates install a system menu hack for it using priiloader or startpatch (u can find priiloader files in the link in my signature)

u have to use v2 of bannerbomb on 4.2 systems, and u need to access it via the sd card button on the main wii menu

good backup manager is wii backup manager

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo