Hacking System Transfer from and to A9LH/Luma3DS fw11.0 (Plailect Setup)

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I could use some help with system transfers and an A9LH/Luma3DS setup...

I have a fw11.0 o3DS with A9LH/Luma3DS sysNAND (No EmuNAND/RedNAND) and a brand new, fw 11.0 n3DS with the same A9LH/Luma3DS sysNAND setup.

I stupidly started a system transfer before researching and after 8hrs it's about 40% complete step 1 of 6. the o3DS has a 64GB SD card with about 45GB used (ton of .cia installs). and the n3DS has a 64GB microSD. I told the system transfer utility to do the "low-capacity SD transfer" so it wasn't supposed to copy anything but saves and licenses to my understanding.

My questions are:

1) did it figure out it could do a full transfer and ignore my choice to do low-capacity transfer? (hence the 8+hrs wait so far)
2) is this transfer going to screw up the files on the n3DS SD card's root needed to boot A9LH/Luma3DS or the sysNAND itself? (I have a backup of them)
3) if the transfer completes and I tell it NOT to delete the SD card on the o3DS can I just pull the card, put in my PC and wipe the "Nintendo 3DS folder", leaving the root level files needed to keep A9LH/Luma3DS working?
4) if I HAVE to format the o3DS I should be OK since I injected FBI to Health and Safety as part of Plailect's Guide, right? Or is only TinyFormat OK and a system format as part of the transfer will screw me over?
5) If #4 is bad news can I not OK the format by forcing power off and just chainload into hourglass9 to restore sysNAND to the formatted/hacked/fw11.0 .bin backup I have?

I'm seriously feeling stupid here for starting this transfer and hope at least thru hourglass9 I can fix all this...

P.S.: At which of the 6 stages is the NNID unlinked from the old console? I'm so wishing I could just get out of this million-hour BS even if I lose all my data on both devices (I have .cia's and JKSV backups of my save games in a safe place)

As I read on a Reddit post about system transfers today, this mess takes forever since Nintendo's servers are just two potatoes and a crying IT guy...

Thanks in advance for any help. Sorry for the crazy long post...

missionfloyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a transfer from an A9LH system and all went well.

1. Don't know, Do you have a lot of other stuff on your SD card, like the cia files? It should be transferring everything except installed games.
2. It'll transfer everything, including Luma/A9LH/homebrew files, just put them back.
3. Yes
4. Yes, FBI will stay.
5. This won't be necessary.

Reactions: esmith13

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. Don't know, Do you have a lot of other stuff on your SD card, like the cia files? It should be transferring everything except installed games.
2. It'll transfer everything, including Luma/A9LH/homebrew files, just put them back.
3. Yes
4. Yes, FBI will stay.
You, sir - are my hero!
Thank you for the reply. I started this transfer at my job at 6:30am and I'm about to leave work now at 3:30pm and it's about 50% done. Since internet is required and I can now rest easy with your answer I will just leave them both on, plugged in and locked in my office until tomorrow morning to do their thing.

As for your answer to #1, I do not have any .cia files on my SD card. The .cia's were installed so my "Nintendo 3DS" folder is around 45GB but outside of that folder I have under 1GB of data... This is why i think it's doing a full transfer even though I told it not to... 9hrs in already and only about half way done...

Thanks again!

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure the transfer is done locally, it only connects to the internet at certain points to verify if it can do a system transfer, then the icon on the left changes to the local wireless one, which is orange-ish.

But yeah, keep them hooked up, and hopefully it's done by tomorrow morning.

Deleted member 350372

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

3. Yes
4. Yes, FBI will stay.
wait a sec... would a system transfer between 2 A9LH systems not work or break something? Luma 3DS has firm0/firm1 write protection, so I am a bit unclear whether or not this will affect anything during an A9LH transfer with both parties being on A9LH CFW like I said a bit before. :(

Reactions: Queno138

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu