Hacking System transfer from CFW 2ds xl to new 3ds

Lewysbee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, so I have a modded 2ds xl with CFW and all the homebrew stuff but I would like to transfer the NNID to a new 3ds I have ( not sure if I will install custom firmware on the 3ds yet) I would also like to keep the 2ds xl with the CFW and homebrew apps but have a new NNID on it.

I under stand that I would have to do a system transfer to make this happen but I am wondering what the steps would be and if I need to do anything in a specific order and if I need to back anything up on the old 2ds xl to carry on using home brew on it ( from my understanding the CFW will stay on there and I just have to do the finalizing steps again.

Would I just need to do a system transfer to the new console then when I'm back on my old console just do the finalising steps to add all the homebrew apps back? Then make a new NNID? Does the old memory card stay in the 2ds or go over to the 3ds when the transfer is being completed?

I'm not worried about transfering anything to the new 3ds other than the NNID.

I'm just worried about what I need to back up if anything on the old 2ds xl to carry on using it with homebrew as I think I read a system transfer formats the old system

I hope all this makes sense.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if I need to back anything up on the old 2ds xl to carry on using home brew on it ( from my understanding the CFW will stay on there and I just have to do the finalizing steps again.
That is correct. There is nothing you need to back up.

Does the old memory card stay in the 2ds or go over to the 3ds when the transfer is being completed?
There is nothing integral to CFW that would require the card to be moved. But depending on how you do the System Transfer, you definitely have the option of taking the SD card out of the 2DS and putting it in the 3DS to continue using the software installed on it, as noted above.

Reactions: Lewysbee

Lewysbee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need to do the system transfer then use faketik to get your missing title to reappear.
Is that for the old 2ds or for the new 3ds as I'm not really interested in transfering any games or anything to the new one. Just the NNID.
Post automatically merged:

That is correct. There is nothing you need to back up.

There is nothing integral to CFW that would require the card to be moved. But depending on how you do the System Transfer, you definitely have the option of taking the SD card out of the 2DS and putting it in the 3DS to continue using the software installed on it, as noted above.

Thank you. Do I just need to

1. Turn both systems on and do a system transfer to get the NNID over to the new 3ds.

2. Then on the old 2ds just do the finalising steps to get the homebrew back on and make a new NNID for it?

That's literally it? Am I missing any steps?

What about all the folders that was on the 2ds xls memory card when I done the original CFW? I remember dragging a whole load if things over from a zip file when I first installed custom firmware. Do they need to be put back on there as the memory card will be wiped after system transfer or were they all removed when I done the clean up step originally when installing the CFW ( if that makes sense). What I'm asking is what should be on the clean memory card that I put back into the CFW 2ds xl?

Hopefully all that makes sense.

Last edited by Lewysbee,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1