Hacking Sysnand 4.1.0 and Gateway, but no internet browser. How to update?

fixx1983

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, i'm in trouble with my O3DS.

I want to update my sysnand from 4.1 to 9.2 in order to use decrypt9.

But there is an issue: when i try to load the browser it says that i need to update my console in order to use it. I think it's because i've never updated my sysnand.

My final question is: having a Gateway, a 4.1.0 O3DS, no hardmod, can someone explain me the easiest and safest way for update into 9.2 sysnand? Thanks

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
With gateway you can upgrade to FW4.5 (it's the downgrade function, but works to go to 4.5 too), and you'll have the right browser version.

Reactions: zoogie

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
With gateway you can upgrade to FW4.5 (it's the downgrade function, but works to go to 4.5 too), and you'll have the right browser version.
He could also just use Gateway to install a browser cia, couldn't he? then he can run dev mode in rxtools or something to upgrade.
(don't use gateway to upgrade or brick)
You can also use decrypt9 on 4.5 i believe. I've done in with Cubic Ninja, not so sure about spider but I think it should work.

Reactions: CrispyYoshi

fixx1983

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So i've to use the downgrade function and it will upgrade my sysnand instead of downgrade?

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So i've to use the downgrade function and it will upgrade my sysnand instead of downgrade?

Yes. I did this way on my 4.2 3DS with an old browser version unsupported by ninjhax.

EDIT: prima di fare il downgrade leggi bene le istruzioni e assicurati di avere i corretti file. Fai anche il cjeck dell' MD5 per verificare che i file non siano corrotti. Rischio di brickare il 3ds

Last edited by nop90,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.