Homebrew Question "Synchronise Clock via Internet" started setting the wrong date and time

falcorr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This begun recently after, I think, giving the latest Tinfoil a spin once more, with the Atmosphere fork for it. I was a bit concerned as Tinfoil seemed to do something like Incognito / messing with PRODINFO without my saying to do so. I'm a bit rusty on all of this as it was a week or two ago. Since whatever happened, synchronising the clock sets the date to 2016 (11th of December 2016 this last time - can't confirm day and month previously). I should note, this is a launch Switch. At one point I remember being surprised to find the date was something like 2037 - this may've been the first time I saw the issue, and may've been while the Atmosphere fork was running, I can't remember.

I've had a very quick, novice look at my PRODINFO with HacDiskMount and things appeared to be fine, i.e. not blanked and not random. I'd fire up Tinfoil to check its settings but of course I can't in stock Atmosphere, and I don't really want to mess with that fork again.

Maybe I'm going down the wrong path. I'm not sure what else could've caused the issue. What may be going on? How might I diagnose / fix it?

falcorr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by falcorr,
Reactions: CymraegAce

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Also noticing this issue every time after i booted android (switchroot 10).

QuickNTP can workaround this issue but how to fix the wrong offset between Android & HOS?

nedex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
QuickNTP can workaround this issue but how to fix the wrong offset between Android & HOS?

Another user asked the same question.
Apparently the android implementation (also linux) seems to access the internal clock in a different way, so basically it screws it up for HOS.
At the moment, you have to manually re-sync the time using QuickNTP in HOS, or with a script in Linux / Android

Reactions: BrandonSWITCH

BrandonSWITCH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another user asked the same question.
Apparently the android implementation (also linux) seems to access the internal clock in a different way, so basically it screws it up for HOS.
At the moment, you have to manually re-sync the time using QuickNTP in HOS, or with a script in Linux / Android
ahh ok thanks for explaining it. Hopefully for me that shouldnt be too much of an issue,

Stock System (SysMMC): Synchronise time by the internet.
Atmoshpere OS (EmuMMC): QuickNTP
Android 10 (SD Card): Synchronise time by the internet.

Thanks for the help. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44