SXSW 2020 has been canceled due to the Coronavirus

2En2iTG.png

Another one bites the dust, as South by Southwest has officially been canceled due to the outbreak of Coronavirus. The Texas-based event is notable for hosting reveals of new music, technology, films, and video games, but those plans will have to be put on hold. This occurs mere days before the event, which was scheduled to begin on March 13th and last until the 22nd, and marks the first time in over three decades that the show had to be canceled. Traditionally, certain video game publishers announce new games at the event, but those reveals will possibly be pushed back to later in the year, or announced through different means. SEGA has already rescheduled their yearly Sonic announcement to April.

:arrow: Source

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I have an idea. Replace all conventions, fairs and expos this year with one single giant three week mega-expo, and hold all the planned events in that time. Everything, every floor show, every demo, every premiere, every Q&A, in those three weeks. The kicker: everyone, both the staff and the attendees, will remain there the whole three weeks. The expo doubles as a quarantine. Problem solved.

(Seriously though, this is a nail in the coffin for big expos and I don't know how many of them will return once the scare is over. A lot of the big names are already switching to "direct"-type online announcements.)

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by dude1,

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my question: considering the flu season usually seems to correlate with the Winter season, wouldn't the coronavirus' spread possibly be something not to worry about by the time May or June rolls around?

What is coronavirus ? Never heard of it

Uh, did Josuke D'Ora you into a rock or something?

Yes, I'm in a JoJo referencing mood this morning! ;)

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you mean when all but 10% of humanity is wiped out and we must rebuild civilization?

Just the time acceleration part...

I haven't read Part 6 yet, I've already watched up to Part 5, so I'd like to keep myself from more spoilers than YT comments have already leaked out.

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most game companies will have to hold online streaming events this year it seems. Even E3 isn't looking too promising, with or without c-virus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: