SX Pro is now rolling off the production line - more of your Questions Answered

Everyone has been wondering how things are moving along with getting the SX PRO devices into the hands of the official resellers, and today we had the pleasure to be given an exclusive tour of the inside of the Team-Xecuter factory, and we took some cool photos of the assembly line in operation, and at the same time the developers took a break out of their busy schedule to answer some more of your questions you been having recently since the last SX update a few days ago.

SX-LINE.jpg

The clock is ticking and we are getting closer to Xecuter SX line launch date.

We wanted to share some of the pictures of the first units coming out of our assembly lines and of the packaging for SX Pro. We are very satisfied with the product quality and we are certain you will be as well. We will have some video and maybe another announcement coming and then it will be TIME!

Before we leave you, our usual Q&A to your most popular questions.
  • Q: Is SX OS compatible with firmware 5.1.0
    A:
    Of course. And as we stated before, it will be compatible with the next updates as well. We are offering a future proof solution.
  • Q: Will the SX OS for people who bought it 'stand alone' be delivered before the SX OS for people who bought SX Pro?
    A:
    Not necessarily. SX Pro will be shipped in the days to come to distributors. SX OS will be unlocked a bit after the reviewers get their units (all reviewers receive SX Pro).
    So depending on the speed of delivery to your distributor and then to you, SX Pro could come before SX OS stand alone. It probably will be very close.
  • Q: Why is there - and + symbols engraved in the SX Pro dongle?
    Since USB-C devices can be plugged in either way, people are worried if dongle plugged in upside down, the + on left and - on right, and SX label facing down, that the Switch will blew up or get bricked, etc.
    A:
    They are here just for cosmetic reasons. The - symbol is also the LED window.
  • Q: Yikes, those are two huge caps in render picture? Is that going to taser my Switch, damage my system, or zap me!
    A:
    Super Cap’s actually (super-capacitor), 0.35F 2.7V, given the transport issues with Lithium based batteries SuperCap’s are fast becoming the go to temporary power source.
    No zapping ( very low voltage ) and we limit the charge current to ~400mA peak for either USB port.
  • Q: Huh, two caps, how do they get 'charged'? Do I have now and then plug my dongle into micro-USB cable to charge it, what happens when it runs out of power? -- Why not battery instead? -- Does it instead drain my Switch battery, what happens if I leave it plugged in.
    A:
    The SuperCap’s are charged from either usb port ( USB-C or Micro USB ). The caps offer approximately 1 week standby time with enough energy left for one boot, or at least 5 successive boots without the opportunity to auto-charge. Charge to 80% is achieved (automatically) within 1-2 seconds of entry into the Nintendo start menu. We are working reducing that considerably … (see above for why not battery). Because we are powered by s-cap’s we have a very power conscious design.
    Leaving the dongle in the console for more than a minute is pointless but will do no harm in any way to the dongle and drain very little battery ( currently we draw ~25mA but will work on reducing that considerably after ~1-2 minutes charge mode).
  • Q: Can I charge my Switch via dongle?
    Using just micro-usb cable, removing the need of needing a proper usb-c cable.
    A:
    Sadly no, our intent for the micro USB port was for charging the dongle and firmware updates, but might be something we will consider for future hardware revisions, thanks.
  • Q: There been reports of cables, and docks without that bricked the battery charging circuit, are we at risk with SX Pro solution?
    A:
    No, simply because we do not support charging. The dongle uses both USB ports only for receiving charge.
  • Q: Is TX coming up with solution for those that leave their Switch always 'docked'?
    Its nice, that is portable, but some users never go 'portable', they are DOCK only fans, what about them?
    A:
    If the demand is there, it is something we can develop.
Team-Xecuter, Rocking the Switch in 2018!

Check out the source link below, for their exclusive photos of the TX assembly line)

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa, , Reason: removing my usual bad grammar

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Politicians always exploit people for profit, why won't you complain there? They made product and a lot of people satisfied and happy, so what is your point to complain? If you think SX is stupid - don't buy it, it's not a Vietnam war where the government didn't give you a choice
Trust me, I already have complained about politicians exploiting people.
My point is you're helping perpetuate the shitty, darker side of the hacking community, and besides, I'm confident people won't be happy with it long-term.
The "mod chip" doesn't have DRM, SX OS does. And I can use Atmosphere with the dongle, so no I won't address a non-point (I'm buying it for the dongle).

Nothing you buy is future-proof forever. What's the warranty on your switch?
The OS comes with the dongle. Doesn't matter how you want to argue your point, there is DRM involved when there shouldn't be, and nothing you say will make that okay.

Also, you're straw-manning my future-proof argument on purpose. You know exactly what I mean, and I stand by what I said.
FYI, I don't have a Switch because I think it's an overrated piece of crap (there is one in my household so I have used it and familiar with it), and don't even bother quoting sales numbers to me. Even if I did, the warranty is irrelevant because we have a Consumer Guarantees Act here that prevents asshole companies like Nintendo from exploiting their customers when it comes to warranty-related issues outside of a warranty.
I have a 5.x switch. Atmosphere et al have been far less promising in supporting those firmwares which is why i personally lean towards team XS
Okay, but you're implying that Atmosphere or something like it will never work on later Switch firmwares, which is absolutely not true. Just look at every console ever that has had these sort of hacks - you eventually will end up with some sort of softmod, and the softmod usually ends up being superior.
Again, the Gateway 3Ds deal was something people raved about forever, and now you can hack your 3DS with software alone (certainly no flash card needed). The Wii had mod chips which people bought for no good reason despite it having softmod support from very early on in its lifecycle, and so on and so forth.

MehMeh27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The OS comes with the dongle. Doesn't matter how you want to argue your point, there is DRM involved when there shouldn't be, and nothing you say will make that okay.
Not gonna debate the ethics of capitalism with you, no. They made a product, they're choosing to sell it. Don't like it, don't buy it.

Also, you're straw-manning my future-proof argument on purpose. You know exactly what I mean, and I stand by what I said.

Okay, but you're implying that Atmosphere or something like it will never work on later Switch firmwares, which is absolutely not true. Just look at every console ever that has had these sort of hacks - you eventually will end up with some sort of softmod, and the softmod usually ends up being superior.
Again, the Gateway 3Ds deal was something people raved about forever, and now you can hack your 3DS with software alone (certainly no flash card needed). The Wii had mod chips which people bought for no good reason despite it having softmod support from very early on in its lifecycle, and so on and so forth.

Why do you think people are buying it expecting to have support until the day they die? If it was supported as long as Gateway was, I'll be more than happy. Of course new discoveries will be made, and maybe at some point we won't have to use a tethered exploit, but you know, TX are offering something I can use now, more conveniently than the free option. Of course a lot of people are gonna buy that.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Correct me if I'm wrong. For me, homebrew in the end means to support backup-thing such as backup/restore nand/savedata, rom-hack, save editor, cheat, backup game from cartridge/disc and backup loader ofc etc. TX just pushes those things faster with their decent end-user products. We can use their tools to load other stuff just fine. The OS is a bonus for the final thing of the scene. Let see who will be there in the end. The more competitions the more good things.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don' forget 6pm Eastern 4th June

TX-OS will drop for DRM free

Max & Bowser will soon regret ripping all those people off

If anyone wants it a day earlier drop me a PM with a confirm Paypal refund claim against any reseller and you can get it 6 hours earlier

You..... Are...... Retarded.......

PojarNazarovich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
My point is you're helping perpetuate the shitty, darker side of the hacking community, and besides, I'm confident people won't be happy with it long-term.
Ok, let me tell you a story, i am from post-soviet union space, Belarus in fact, and in 1992 because of "dark side" we finally got dendy (which was a shitty pirated clone of famicom) still i was able to play metroid (without Nintendo power it was a mess but with drawing map on paper i was finally complete it) and other classic nes games. Because of "dark side" in 2001 people got a PS1 and so on. Nowadays situation is even worse. Resellers in Belarus overprice already overpriced game cartriges and consoles, and with salary in 200 bucks (and it's not a bad salary in my country) it is hard to even live, not talking about affording well PC or console. I started to saving some money from time, when NX only was announced, cause i knew, that my kid and I have big love for Nintendo, and because of this "dark side" she and i will be able to play in some great games. So for me "dark side" made a lot more good in my life, and i see nothing bad to pay 40 bucks to make my girl happier

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

FYI, I don't have a Switch because I think it's an overrated piece of crap (there is one in my household so I have used it and familiar with it), and don't even bother quoting sales numbers to me. Even if I did, the warranty is irrelevant because we have a Consumer Guarantees Act here that prevents asshole companies like Nintendo from exploiting their customers when it comes to warranty-related issues outside of a warranty.

Here is another example of someone who has previously been butt-hurt........ Stop moaning, Just save up your $40 and buy the dongle.

Reactions: veddermandan

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Not gonna debate the ethics of capitalism with you, no. They made a product, they're choosing to sell it. Don't like it, don't buy it.
Are you the king of straw-man arguments or do you just enjoy putting words in people's mouths? This isn't about capitalism. This is about people overcharging for a product that is quite possibly still shady, and their business practises most definitely are shady. This is about supporting people who are charging you, a supposed member of the hacking and homebrew community, money for something which should ultimately be free.
Why do you think people are buying it expecting to have support until the day they die? If it was supported as long as Gateway was, I'll be more than happy. Of course new discoveries will be made, and maybe at some point we won't have to use a tethered exploit, but you know, TX are offering something I can use now, more conveniently than the free option. Of course a lot of people are gonna buy that.
I never said people buying it think that. Stop making up bullshit. Your reading comprehension appears at an all-time low until you decide to cherry-pick my words for your "arguments", so you're clearly straw-manning intentionally, which is just outright disingenuous.

I thought I made it pretty clear that we have long-term solutions for other consoles such as the 3DS, and that these methods will work well into the future, so paying money for something now instead of just waiting for the free stuff is silly. You people who just want things now so you can pirate games to save a buck instead of having some damned patience really bother me. This is part of the reason humanity is going to shit.

Also, you do realise that whilst this dongle might be slightly more convenient, it's still ultimately a tethered solution, right...? So just because it's technically out "first", that doesn't mean it'll be superior. Why nobody can't have patience and wait for the good products is beyond me.

You know, there's a good reason or five that the hacking scene isn't into Team Xecutor's bullshit device, and it's not because they're jealous - after all, they sure aren't in it for the money.
Thanks, now I don't have to waste any time reading the rest of your posts.
Yes, because that invalidates by opinion and the logic behind my statements, doesn't it?
Oh wait a minute, your statement is moronic. What a surprise.
You'd probably be unable to rebut any of my arguments successfully anyway.
Ok, let me tell you a story, i am from post-soviet union space, Belarus in fact, and in 1992 because of "dark side" we finally got dendy (which was a shitty pirated clone of famicom) still i was able to play metroid (without Nintendo power it was a mess but with drawing map on paper i was finally complete it) and other classic nes games. Because of "dark side" in 2001 people got a PS1 and so on. Nowadays situation is even worse. Resellers in Belarus overprice already overpriced game cartriges and consoles, and with salary in 200 bucks (and it's not a bad salary in my country) it is hard to even live, not talking about affording well PC or console. I started to saving some money from time, when NX only was announced, cause i knew, that my kid and I have big love for Nintendo, and because of this "dark side" she and i will be able to play in some great games. So for me "dark side" made a lot more good in my life, and i see nothing bad to pay 40 bucks to make my girl happier
Here's my story: you completely misinterpreted what I meant.
I thought I made it pretty clear that Team Xecuter now is not the Team Xecuter we once knew. There's a difference between buying a $10-$20 mod chip when there is (next to) no other adequate alternative (PS2 is a good example - softmods just aren't typically as good as a mod chip, unless you go the hard drive route), and buying a $40+ mod chip when there are already existing and upcoming viable alternatives. The "darker, shady" side I'm referring to is the latter. The former is fine. Old Team Xecuter were fine. New Team Xecuter are scum. There is a difference. It's shocking that people are still naive enough not to realise this, or care so little that they don't even seem to research what they're buying and from whom they're buying.
Why are you even complaining over something that will not affect you in any way, shape or form?
You're like an aggressive amalgamation of Anti-TX'ers like Gazza and the Timp accounts.
You're assuming I will never buy a Switch or that I don't want to buy a Switch at some point. You're also assuming that I don't just want what's best for the community. Shitty, overpriced mod chips from known dickheads who like to exploit said community shouldn't be welcome. The only thing I'm an amalgamation of is logic and common sense, something that is clearly lacking around here (not that that's much of a surprise).
Here is another example of someone who has previously been butt-hurt........ Stop moaning, Just save up your $40 and buy the dongle.
Here is another example of an idiot who can't read and couldn't fact-check his way out of anything. But please, tell me all about how I can't afford a $40 piece of crap, as if I ever complained about not being able to afford it. That's always the "logical" argument, right? Don't like it? Oh yes, it's obviously because you're poor. Certainly it can be for no other reason than because you're poor. Sod off.

Anyway, I tire of this. Too many illogical arguments and nonsense-spewing morons for me. Probably should have known better than to venture into a Switch thread on GBAtemp.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, because that invalidates by opinion and the logic behind my statements, doesn't it?
Why are you wasting time here? Shouldn't you be on an abortion forum somewhere telling women what they should be doing with their bodies?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I can guarantee this I used to buy a lot of xecuter goods for the Xbox years back x360 usb pro x2 jungle version as well, ck3 blaster kits, probes the lot and all there equipment is very reliable and solid so I have no doubt this will too. I have loads of there stuff in a draw

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: veddermandan

veddermandan

Trophies
Website
youtu.be
XP
Country
Australia
Fuck Team Xecuter. Anyone buying this because "muh hacks" is an idiot. They're selling you a DRM-enabled mod chip and you're just lapping it up.
Unless you're buying it to study it/reverse-engineer it/that sort of thing, just use softmods. This is like buying a Sky3DS instead of install B9S and Luma. Don't be that guy.

You DO realise that this Team Xecuter is not the old Team Xecuter, right? It's basically just them in name only now, run by some asshole who is out to make a quick buck.

Why, because you're already feeling the stupidity from buying a mod chip when you could get another solution for free which will probably have better, longer support? Yeah, okay, you keep telling yourself that your mod chip was money well-spent.

We've already got more leaks than a leaky boat. It seems the Switch will be getting quite a few new games on top of the several already announced but yet to be released. Even as someone who doesn't much care for the Switch as of right now, I find your stance baffling at best.

I believe they abandoned it. Maybe it's still coming but I doubt it.

Dude they're not selling a modchip. They're selling cfw that they license to individual customers. The dongle only loads the cfw.
And by the way all modchips are drm protected.
There is nothing like the cfw they offer available right now. They are literally the only option atm.
Just because new people own Xecuter doesn't mean its not the same team behind they're cfw, product design etc
There is little to no reason for the developers of atmosphere to support further development or any support at all. They're making cfw that suits they're personal uses. Where Xecuter being a company offering paid for cfw and mod solutions do and have always supported they're products and customers.
You clearly represent a large majority of people who support atmosphere because its the only free option for cfw yet have zero general knowledge in general or about the modding community

carlito1095t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you the king of straw-man arguments or do you just enjoy putting words in people's mouths? This isn't about capitalism. This is about people overcharging for a product that is quite possibly still shady, and their business practises most definitely are shady. This is about supporting people who are charging you, a supposed member of the hacking and homebrew community, money for something which should ultimately be free.

I never said people buying it think that. Stop making up bullshit. Your reading comprehension appears at an all-time low until you decide to cherry-pick my words for your "arguments", so you're clearly straw-manning intentionally, which is just outright disingenuous.

I thought I made it pretty clear that we have long-term solutions for other consoles such as the 3DS, and that these methods will work well into the future, so paying money for something now instead of just waiting for the free stuff is silly. You people who just want things now so you can pirate games to save a buck instead of having some damned patience really bother me. This is part of the reason humanity is going to shit.

Also, you do realise that whilst this dongle might be slightly more convenient, it's still ultimately a tethered solution, right...? So just because it's technically out "first", that doesn't mean it'll be superior. Why nobody can't have patience and wait for the good products is beyond me.

You know, there's a good reason or five that the hacking scene isn't into Team Xecutor's bullshit device, and it's not because they're jealous - after all, they sure aren't in it for the money.

Here's my story: you completely misinterpreted what I meant.
I thought I made it pretty clear that Team Xecuter now is not the Team Xecuter we once knew. There's a difference between buying a $10-$20 mod chip when there is (next to) no other adequate alternative (PS2 is a good example - softmods just aren't typically as good as a mod chip, unless you go the hard drive route), and buying a $40+ mod chip when there are already existing and upcoming viable alternatives. The "darker, shady" side I'm referring to is the latter. The former is fine. Old Team Xecuter were fine. New Team Xecuter are scum. There is a difference. It's shocking that people are still naive enough not to realise this, or care so little that they don't even seem to research what they're buying and from whom they're buying.

You're assuming I will never buy a Switch or that I don't want to buy a Switch at some point. You're also assuming that I don't just want what's best for the community. Shitty, overpriced mod chips from known dickheads who like to exploit said community shouldn't be welcome. The only thing I'm an amalgamation of is logic and common sense, something that is clearly lacking around here (not that that's much of a surprise).

Here is another example of an idiot who can't read and couldn't fact-check his way out of anything. But please, tell me all about how I can't afford a $40 piece of crap, as if I ever complained about not being able to afford it. That's always the "logical" argument, right? Don't like it? Oh yes, it's obviously because you're poor. Certainly it can be for no other reason than because you're poor. Sod off.

Anyway, I tire of this. Too many illogical arguments and nonsense-spewing morons for me. Probably should have known better than to venture into a Switch thread on GBAtemp.

Top kek, M8!

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can guarantee this I used to buy a lot of xecuter goods for the Xbox years back x360 usb, ck3 blaster kits, probes the lot and all there equipment is very reliable and solid so I have no doubt this will too.
I honestly can't deny how good the Xbox modchip was back in the day, especially dual bios so you could play legit games online.

Reactions: Reecey

MehMeh27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

No, the dongle shouldn't be free. If it should be, then why is atmosphere not giving them away when they release it?

Just, wow. I'm happy to buy it now than wait for some undetermined date in the future. I'm not so desperate for the free option. I can pay a little (that I can afford - otherwise I wouldn't buy it) now and get more use out of my Switch. And then when eventually the better option comes along (i.e. untethered exploit - god knows when that'll happen, if ever), and I can use that too, like everyone else.

The money isn't going to cripple me. I'm not rich, but it's less than 40 euroes. Yeah, I'll survive by just selling some games I've already finished. Which I did.

"It should be free", it's up to the people who create the physical good or service how much something should cost. If it's too much then people won't buy it. What seems to make you angry is that people *are* buying, in this case. TX doesn't owe you an apology for that.

What it all comes down to - you think they should give away dongles, or you think they're charging too much (I disagree, but it's a matter of opinion).

Opinions != fact, so debating with you over whether or not the dongle is worth buying is pointless (especially as you think they should give it away for free, because... atmosphere, which doesn't have a dongle).

And yes, I'm putting the "they should give away dongles" in your mouth, because you keep implying they are free. So don't blame me, blame your own stupidity.

(And yes of course I know the dongle is a tethered solution. o_0 It's the most convenient one though. That word, "convenient," that I used before, and am now using again. You know, the reason people are buying SX Pro?)

Last edited by MehMeh27,
Reactions: carlito1095t

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I honestly can't deny how good the Xbox modchip was back in the day, especially dual bios so you could play legit games online.
I never used the mod chip I know which one your on about the drive? I can’t remember it’s name now. I just used to probe the drive itself touching the pin and use jungle flasher to get the bios files, the nostalgia is strong!

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: SodaSoba

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, she is non binary