Hacking Rumor SX OS is not over

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone!
I'm tied to always be persecute by Atmosphere users who said me to abandon SX OS.
I hear here and there, that is over and we need to switch our Switch to Atmosphere (sorry for the word play)...
BUT, it's not true. SX OS work on FW 11.0.0 and we can patch the new games to play on it.
I know Atmosphere is very good, but there is no possibility to run XCI without install it, and I don't want to install all my games.
And more, now that the SX OS is hacked all people can use it without pay a licence.
I think it will be perfect if one day the hack allow us to add this feature on Atmosphere, but until this day let me play on my SX OS without said me to use another thing.
Thanks you

(It's just a shout to evacuate)

PS: And sorry for my English (I know, I don't speak properly)
new game released this week already not working on sx os even after patched

Reactions: LeyendaV

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new game released this week already not working on sx os even after patched
Which game is that may I ask? Since I patch the games myself. I'm not sure if the updates differ from a 12.0 game, but I just patched MHW Stories 2 recent update that requires 12.0.2 and it still works

Waywatcher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was a happy SX OS user when it was supported and now I'm a happy Hekate + Atmosphere user, but cheers to all you guys still using SX OS :grog:

Mc76

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Same problem with Axiom Verge 2 (sxos, fw 11.0). Other games work with patch, not this one : screen blocked with Nintendo Switch logo. Maybe problem with this game is the game itself or patch ?

soaresden

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Same problem with Axiom Verge 2 (sxos, fw 11.0). Other games work with patch, not this one : screen blocked with Nintendo Switch logo. Maybe problem with this game is the game itself or patch ?
True, I also tried a game named "they bleed pixels" or something like that. I didn't liked it but even patchd, it not ran.

Long time SX user, and like @shunesburg69, xci loading it's so useful !
But because of Axiom Verge 2, I just passed the barrier...
OK this is painful to install, but let be honnest, I don't play 50 games at the same times.

Tinfoil powered, I install the XCI and grab the updates, and when I'm done, I keep the xci on HDD for later installation if I want.
I still have my top 3 games installed , MK8, BOTW and 20XX.

I won't understand at all why people lies to themselves, nsp or xci, whatever format you use, the ending is still the same. You play the game. I don't catch the difference of Nintendocode or not ! They are the same files ! (conversion from one to another is the answer to that sentence)

In that position, I hope that a xci module (tesla ?) can be provided to not install them anymore. (like psp olddays and vsh menu..). i'm litteraly a curious but I think it's not that hard to do it

Last edited by soaresden,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
True, I also tried a game named "they bleed pixels" or something like that. I didn't liked it but even patchd, it not ran.

Long time SX user, and like @shunesburg69, xci loading it's so useful !
But because of Axiom Verge 2, I just passed the barrier...
OK this is painful to install, but let be honnest, I don't play 50 games at the same times.

Tinfoil powered, I install the XCI and grab the updates, and when I'm done, I keep the xci on HDD for later installation if I want.
I still have my top 3 games installed , MK8, BOTW and 20XX.

I won't understand at all why people lies to themselves, nsp or xci, whatever format you use, the ending is still the same. You play the game. I don't catch the difference of Nintendocode or not ! They are the same files ! (conversion from one to another is the answer to that sentence)

In that position, I hope that a xci module (tesla ?) can be provided to not install them anymore. (like psp olddays and vsh menu..). i'm litteraly a curious but I think it's not that hard to do it
If the ending is the same and there's no difference, why do you care about an XCI module? ;)

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah you're right, it's not dead.

It's just in its deathbed, attached to a billion devices trying to keep it alive, and 12.0 is the thing that'll finally put it down once enough games needing it come out.

Reactions: nantalos

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is indeed, an interesting thread.
I’ve being user, and still, of both.
I know the “pros and cons” of each
CFW. I always found a way to achieve what I wanted to do, play , and enjoy with my switch.
They’re so many possibilities now, that I still don’t understand the “debate “.

Last edited by Maupiti,

Boydy86

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Atmosphere/Hekate works and exists because it runs on unpatched Switches that passed QC and made it to retail. No spoofing/use of keys, exploitation of encryption etc required. Nintendo made a mistake. My views on SXOS are impartial, however, if they were permitted to run rampant selling their hardware/software unchallenged, the original Switch would be a discontinued unsupported console.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Atmosphere/Hekate works and exists because it runs on unpatched Switches that passed QC and made it to retail. No spoofing/use of keys, exploitation of encryption etc required. Nintendo made a mistake. My views on SXOS are impartial, however, if they were permitted to run rampant selling their hardware/software unchallenged, the original Switch would be a discontinued unsupported console.
I found your post very accurate. “Keys” ? Probably related to the only “feature Sxos” ?.

Reactions: Boydy86

Boydy86

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found your post very accurate. “Keys” ? Probably related to the only “feature Sxos” ?.
Yeah your right, intellectual property would have been more accurate. The loophole that lets Atmosphere run doesn't infringe any copyrighted material. Team Executor however was cashing in on ripping off Ninty, decreasing the longevity of the consoles life, and the quality of future releases.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
When I bought my Switch on Dec 2017 I also got a 400GB SD card. Best decision I've made cause, even when I play most of the time on dock mode, I also switch (pun not intended) to portable or tabletop from time to time. And it's nice to be able to use the console the way it was intended instead of anchor it to the dock because an external HDD forces you to not move it from there.
At the end of the day, this is one of those things that comes 100% to personal preferences and the way you play.

That said, it's true that the only single "advantage" SX holds nowdays is the XCI loading module, something that could be made on Atmos if someone actually would want to since it's open source. In fact, a nice chunk of SX code was straight up stolen from Atmos, more than once.

If you have an external HDD and/or don't want/can't move your games to a SD card, staying on SX may be the best option you have. But keep in mind that its compability with the newest HOS versions is already behind the minimum, and sooner than later you won't be able to play new titles at all, so considering migrate, at least, to a hybrid set up (both SX and Atmos), is something SX users should consider.

Also, I would like to mention that the current SX/TX situation is more a backslash to those users that pretended to be smarter than everybody else because they "have the money to paid for a licence" while atmos users was sticking to a free solution, and now those same folks are crying upon not having the money to buy a decent SD card to storage game and therefore being forced to stick to their old HDDs.

There's a little bit of everything, this topic had come a long way since 2017. We have seen the good and bad things from both sides, more than we would like to. And yet, here we are.
In the end, the only real answer to the whole drama is simply "Do whatever the hell you want, it's your console after all. But later, don't come crying because of you own decisions."

Last edited by LeyendaV,
Reactions: Boydy86

Sunnyboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sxos is for me still the best all games run fine on 11.0.0, to bad that atmos not runs games on USB, thats why SXOS still the best for most people

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I bought my Switch on Dec 2017 I also got a 400GB SD card. Best decision I've made cause, even when I play most of the time on dock mode, I also switch (pun not intended) to portable or tabletop from time to time. And it's nice to be able to use the console the way it was intended instead of anchor it to the dock because an external HDD forces you to not move it from there.
At the end of the day, this is one of those things that comes 100% to personal preferences and the way you play.

That said, it's true that the only single "advantage" SX holds nowdays is the XCI loading module, something that could be made on Atmos if someone actually would want to since it's open source. In fact, a nice chunk of SX code was straight up stolen from Atmos, more than once.

If you have an external HDD and don't want/can't move your games to a SD card, staying on SX may be the best option you have. But keep in mind that its compability with the newest HOS versions is already behind the minimum, and sooner than later you won't be able to play new titles at all, so considering migrate, at least, to a hybrid set up (both SX and Atmos), is something SX users should consider.

Also, I would like to mention that the current SX/TX situation is more a backslash to those users that pretended to be smarter than everybody else because they "have the money" paid for a licence while atmos users was sticking to a free solution, and now those same folks are crying upon not having the money to buy a decent SD card to storage game and therefore being forced to stick to their old HDDs.

There's a little bit of everything, this topic had come a long way since 2017. We have seen the good and bad things from both sides way more times that we would like to. And yet, here we are.
In the end, the only real answer to the whole drama is simply "Do whatever the hell you want, it's your console after all. But later, don't come crying because of you own decisions."

ahh yes all those crying users who own swtch lites or the v2 with better battery life and thermals like myself .

they are the only users that win from the paid solution

Reactions: cearp

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ahh yes all those crying users who own swtch lites or the v2 with better battery life and thermals like myself .

they are the only users that win from the paid solution
You “miss” the point , no intent to offend you in anyway, we’re not talking about well known TX team for developing “hardware “ hacks, (who hacked the 360 after jtag ?), but their Sxos firmware, based on a “stolen code” and “illegal” keys.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You “miss” the point , no intent to offend you in anyway, we’re not talking about well known TX team for developing “hardware “ hacks, (who hacked the 360 after jtag ?), but their Sxos firmware, based on a “stolen code” and “illegal” keys.
i mean its open source so stolen is a big stretch

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
i mean its open source so stolen is a big stretch
TX has been using the free, open source code of Atmos to build their paid, close piece of software. On top of that, they never gave attribution to the original developers.
And when people pointed that, they just made fun of it, with their fanboys laughing as well.
It's not hard to tell why a huge part of the community hates TX and SX.

But again, this particular discussion is not about that, but about when is a good idea to use SX and when is not.

Last edited by LeyendaV,
Reactions: AngryCinnabon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc