Hacking SX OS, ChoiDujourNX and Hekate?

KerminosV2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sup guys, Kerminos here. So I got a Nintendo Switch in April and updated it to 4.0.1. I have already a license for SX OS but I want to know what to do first. (Why SXOS? Simple. XCI. ) So, I have few issues right now.

I have a 128 gb MicroSDXC formatted in FAT32 so both Switch and SXOS can read it, but I can't put on it games larger than 4GB as you know. I've created a EmuNand so I can update it maybe to 6.0.0, but here it come the problem:

I know that if I update the EmuNand to 6.0.0 there will be a Joycon update with also a patch for the GameCard Fusee and ChoiduJourNX at the end of the process tells you to load everytime the file "PreventGCUpdate". So, what to do? Is it safe to boot on SX OS without "PreventGCUpdate", let it "patch" the GameCard Fusee and the Joycon just because I'm on the EmuNand (and ofc I can't erase it still having my NAND 4.0.1 untouched) or should I throw away for now the SX OS, boot everytime with Hekate and launch ALWAYS "PreventGCUpdater"? What I can't understand is if everything that happens on the EmuNand will stay on the EmuNand, patches included, or not.

If the GameCartride Fusee is patched, can I still use my cartridge games? If it is patched, will I be able to downgrade if needed?

I know that I could stay on 4.0.1, just update the EmuNand to read the exFAT format and install newer games on that old firmware without updating the console, but I would like to install them in .xci and not .nsp with tinfoil.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sup guys, Kerminos here. So I got a Nintendo Switch in April and updated it to 4.0.1. I have already a license for SX OS but I want to know what to do first. (Why SXOS? Simple. XCI. ) So, I have few issues right now.

I have a 128 gb MicroSDXC formatted in FAT32 so both Switch and SXOS can read it, but I can't put on it games larger than 4GB as you know. I've created a EmuNand so I can update it maybe to 6.0.0, but here it come the problem:

I know that if I update the EmuNand to 6.0.0 there will be a Joycon update with also a patch for the GameCard Fusee and ChoiduJourNX at the end of the process tells you to load everytime the file "PreventGCUpdate". So, what to do? Is it safe to boot on SX OS without "PreventGCUpdate", let it "patch" the GameCard Fusee and the Joycon just because I'm on the EmuNand (and ofc I can't erase it still having my NAND 4.0.1 untouched) or should I throw away for now the SX OS, boot everytime with Hekate and launch ALWAYS "PreventGCUpdater"? What I can't understand is if everything that happens on the EmuNand will stay on the EmuNand, patches included, or not.

If the GameCartride Fusee is patched, can I still use my cartridge games? If it is patched, will I be able to downgrade if needed?

I know that I could stay on 4.0.1, just update the EmuNand to read the exFAT format and install newer games on that old firmware without updating the console, but I would like to install them in .xci and not .nsp with tinfoil.
The update for the gamecart slot exists in firmwares 4.0 and higher but since your console is already on firmware 4.0.1, obviously the update has already been applied so you can't prevent it from being updated. And now that its updated, you won't be able to use any retail cartridges on firmwares below 4.0 (not sure about .XCI files though).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*