Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Stevens

Not a fan of stupid people
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
That or some people just enjoy solving puzzles. It is fascinating how fixated the scene is on SX OS, etc right now. Especially given that in a few months when (if) open source backup loaders emerge, SX OS and its loader will fade into irrelevance.

Fade into irrelevance? A bit dramatic, don't you think? They will still have been first, and like the Wii Key people remember that.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was the same with trueblue, the same with gateway, and now this.

DRM dongles are a never ending cycle, and there are pros and cons of both, but eventually support will stop and the free solution will always prevail.

Reactions: peteruk

DeuX

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It was the same with trueblue, the same with gateway, and now this.

DRM dongles are a never ending cycle, and there are pros and cons of both, but eventually support will stop and the free solution will always prevail.

That’s the beauty of it, people who got the SX OS are already playing all the games and while continue to do so when free solution makes the OS obsolete

afet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Fade into irrelevance? A bit dramatic, don't you think? They will still have been first, and like the Wii Key people remember that.
Sure. As far as "street cred" goes, TX OS will have been the first. I guess I am more getting at the idea that none of this will (probably, assuming a useful open source loader manifests) matter to people looking to play backups in the future. In other words, I do not understand why people are so passionate and dramatic about someone hacking this or using that. Losing this train of thought. Caffeine is a helluva drug.

Edited for stupidity.

Last edited by afet,

Randall Stevens

Not a fan of stupid people
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Sure. As far as "street cred" goes, TX OS will have been the first. I guess I am more getting at the idea that none of this will (probably, assuming a useful open source loader manifests) matter to people looking to play backups in the future. In other words, I do not understand why people are so passionate and dramatic about someone hacking this or using that. Losing this train of thought. Caffeine is a helluva drug.

Edited for stupidity.

That cred you refer to is HUGE. People jumped on this because these guys already had said cred. That will be the case should they be the 1st with the next console, and the next and the one after that. It absolutely is a big deal.

Benoit934

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A friend of mine just said "Piracy will be obsolete when money will be"
Lol it's not all about piracy and hacking isn't all about cracking.

About TX OS if they don't put the ability to load custom sysmodules (they will surely not do this because they made a "noob" tool with "guarantee") I guess they will lose a lot of users (but it's a lifetime license so they don't give a fuck)

it's for to crack a system by making it close as the original

xxstyler20xx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Why so salty.. thats notWhy are you all so pissed of.. All of you could learn how to code...
there's no point of hypocrisy ..
Let the guys do what ever the f** they want.. No matter if they are release anything or not.. For them it's a competition.. (Hmm let's see if I can solve the puzzle)
They spend hours of their free time with research....

We should be a little bit more thankfull if they release it to us for free..

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
..but will have paid, whereas someone who is patient won’t have to fund drm dongles.
How long makes you patient/impatient?
If a movie comes out in cinemas, and then on bluray the next week, I'm happy to wait to watch it at home.
If it takes a year until I can watch it at home, I'll probably see it in the cinema.

It's dumb to say people who buy tx to pirate now are impatient.JJust because I want something doesn't mean I'm impatient.
How long should I wait until I drink water, eat? I'll just do it when I want, making an informed decision.

$40 isn't much, it's a few pizzas and sides delivered.
If it was $200, then yeah people might wait longer.

Last edited by cearp,

Benoit934

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why so salty.. thats notWhy are you all so pissed of.. All of you could learn how to code...
there's no point of hypocrisy ..

I don't know to which you are responding exactly but actually I know how to code and already made soft/hardware hacks (boot0 sign check patch for example) , even if I'm far from being trully skilled into modding I know how it does work and I'm not judging crackers of SX OS nor TX.

Open source will always be linked to their closed source counter part and paying software will always be linked to cracks, it might sound like a game but it fact everyone is doing the same the profit can be either way intellectual or pecuniary (or both at the same time)

Reactions: afet

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
It’s all relative bruh.

Freedom of choice means you can do what you want.

I choose to be patient.
I'm patient too, I kept my switch virtually unused for hacks, it's still on fw 2.3!
Seeing as I can use tx now, no reason to wait much longer.
sx pro comes with a nice dongle so, until there's another breakthrough, whatever free solution would still need my phone/computer to load up the hack.

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: KiiWii and MehMeh27

afet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
It’s all relative bruh.

Freedom of choice means you can do what you want.

I choose to be patient.

Not to stray too far off topic, but I would agree with this and say just because someone paid does not make them impatient. There is nothing wrong with seeking more immediate gratification and the current efforts to hack/reverse engineer TX OS are also in line with this. Personally, I am a very cautious person and tend to ride the wait-and-see bandwagon. Who knows what the long term consequences of using these early release softwares are? There may not be any, but who knows?

Reactions: KiiWii and cearp

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Patience has nothing to do with anything; there's nothing wrong with paying for software even if a free solution is available. There's Microsoft Office and there's Google Docs. There's Photoshop and there's Gimp. The paid versions are usually more widely used than the free ones. People will still buy SX even if piracy is free and there are lots of valid reasons to do so. I won't be one of them, though.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That or some people just enjoy solving puzzles. It is fascinating how fixated the scene is on SX OS, etc right now.

I completely understand why someone would be hacking SX OS. Lots of things to find.

Especially given that in a few months when (if) open source backup loaders emerge, SX OS and its loader will fade into irrelevance.

When/if atmosphere is released then we'll see. It's possible that a combination of a hacked SX OS and Atmosphere emunand will be what people use long term.

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The password for the brick code has been found
naehrwert:
sneak peek of TX trying to brick my emulator, *oh noes*! (in case anyone bricks while messing with this the password should usually be "WANNA PLAY? : )") https://t.co/vKaPyY5GpM

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: cearp

Dabiolos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The password for the brick code has been found
naehrwert:
sneak peek of TX trying to brick my emulator, *oh noes*! (in case anyone bricks while messing with this the password should usually be "WANNA PLAY? : )") https://t.co/vKaPyY5GpM https://twitter.com/naehrwert/status/1012153818212003840?s=17

lol Hexkyz twittered the plaintext bootloader screenshot with what happened to be the password on 25th. Coincidence or did he know already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o