Warzonefury

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys!

I come to you because I am a little bored with a console which I put an SX core which worked very well. The person came back to me and said their console wasn't turning on at all. I thought to myself, well, it must be stuck in RCM Mode or something. Except that I tried all the basic techniques before disassembling the console and nothing helped. No charging via USB-C PC, Dock, no led of the chip will light up and the console will not start at all.

I know that sometimes leaving a battery at 0% can screw it up .. So I took it apart. Checked all my work, everything was good. I checked the battery voltage, it is well at 4.18. I tested another battery, it doesn't change anything. And the battery of this console works well on other.

I removed the SX Core, I left only the cable soldered to the GPU to avoid burning something unnecessarily. The console does not turn on.

So I questioned the person a little more to try to understand. She told me that the console was not turning on and that on the dock it was not charging. I asked her how she knew it, she replied that the green LED at the bottom was not light up ... -_-

She therefore plugged a Galaxy Note8 charger into her console all the night. In my opinion, it burned down a component somewhere. Could someone point me to components that may be dead or provide me with a link to a post with multimeter tests?

20200928_184059.jpg 20200928_201045.jpg 20200929_103111.jpg 20200929_103415.jpg received_485517102404470.jpeg

PS: Sorry for my english.

Last edited by Warzonefury,

Warzonefury

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
More test, i don't find any short-circuit aroun component of IC M92T36, BQ24193 and P13USB. But the voltage around M92T36 are not same between V1 and V2 motherboard... Is it normal?

Test voltage.jpg

hakkinen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you find anything else about it? I have a console sold with sx core installed which can't be charged too. I don't think the smartphone charger can burn something, the console absorbs only what it needs.

Warzonefury

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No... I'm waiting my IC command of M92T36, P13USB and BQ24193 for changing on MB. I don't understood the problem with this switch.. All seem to be perfect but no :/

hakkinen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Any news? The guy who bought my Switch can finally power on the console after watching this video

In fact he had to charge/discharge the console many times. Maybe give it a try

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Jordan Wessley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It could be a fried charge circuit. Now, I am not an expert in the field but I do know that the nintendo switch doesn't use the proper USB-PD spec. The bus on the switch communicates with 6V and some chargers push 9v as per the spec. This was responsible for a certain 3rd party dock frying a buttload of switches. Maybe check the fuses around the charge circuit to see if any are fried?
hope this helps even a little :)

FXDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
More test, i don't find any short-circuit aroun component of IC M92T36, BQ24193 and P13USB. But the voltage around M92T36 are not same between V1 and V2 motherboard... Is it normal?

View attachment 227151

Maybe this post will help you. On the other hand, remove the entire assembly from the SX Core modchip and then start making measurements. Did you measure the voltage around M92T3 with the battery on and with the charger?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-and-nintendo-switch-lite-diode-measurements.564536/

FXDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
That is alot of flux there. I do not even use it on the core lite. Flux damadges components
That's right. However if it is a Rosin based, No Clean flux, example NC-559-V2 AMTECH, then there may be residues, of course not in excess. In the picture below is what a good solder should look like when installing the SX Core. Here I used the flux mentioned above, then I cleaned with isopropyl alcohol.

IMG_0124.jpg

Last edited by FXDX,

Blavla

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's right. However if it is a Rosin based, No Clean flux, example NC-559-V2 AMTECH, then there may be residues, of course not in excess. In the picture below is what a good solder should look like when installing the SX Core. Here I used the flux mentioned above, then I cleaned with isopropyl alcohol.

View attachment 229585
That is a realy nice solder work there:bow:

Reactions: FXDX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F