Weird issue with turning the Switch on. It seems to want to power on randomly. Please help.

Cropsey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a weird issue when turning on my OLED switch. So if I am in the Hekate menu and I power off the console, I’m able to turn it back on by pressing the power button. The led light on the mod chip goes blue for a few seconds and then turns green. Everything is great.

This is where the problem is. If I run Atmosphere/CFW and then turn off the console I have a really hard time getting the console to turn back on.

• Pressing power doesn’t turn it on (99% of the time)
  • Holding power doesn’t turn it on (99% of the time)
  • Pressing power + volume up doesn’t turn it on (99% of the time)
But then after trying for 15 or so minutes it finally turns on. The led light turns blue and then green as if everything ok. I’m afraid that I’m going to damage the power button with how many times I have to press it/hold it before I get the system to turn on.

I don’t know if this is a related issue or a separate issue but I’ve had the console off all day…I’ve finally been able to turn it on and the battery is down to 88% also it loses roughly 1% every 10 mins in the Hekate menu. Is that cause for concern?….could there be something running in the background?

I’ve tried googling this but can’t seem to find anyone else with this issue. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I don’t know if this is a related issue or a separate issue but I’ve had the console off all day…I’ve finally been able to turn it on and the battery is down to 88%….could there be something running in the background?

I’ve tried googling this but can’t seem to find anyone else with this issue. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

For some context
-I did not do the install myself. I believe he used a RP2040
Post automatically merged:

Update/bump.

Holding the power button down for 20 seconds to power reset then pressing power again turns the console on.

Not the worst thing in the world but would still rather it work without having to do that.

Last edited by Cropsey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1