Hacking Sx Core and Sx Lite , test Units Received

Jopa777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
A basic question: I've installed my switch sx lite with a 64gb card. Made emunand backup on hidden partition. All is working fine. But I wanted to do nand backup but it's no possible due to lack of space. What do I need to do in order to upgrade from this card to a 256gb one? Just need to pass all the files to the new one an that's it?

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A basic question: I've installed my switch sx lite with a 64gb card. Made emunand backup on hidden partition. All is working fine. But I wanted to do nand backup but it's no possible due to lack of space. What do I need to do in order to upgrade from this card to a 256gb one? Just need to pass all the files to the new one an that's it?

It would be best to get a bigger card. Emunand alone is going to take up 32gb.

You can either recreate your emunand when you get a new card, or use Emutool to easily create and copy the partition to a new sd card.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/emutool...r-sd-switch-emu-type-on-sxos-and-more.550756/

After you move it and verify its all good, use your old card plus computer/online storage/whatever to keep your nand backup.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jopa777

Theelichtje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey all,

Got my SX Core installed today, tested it through every step, got a boot.dat "error" and green LED everytime.

Only when i got ready to do the SD card part (Switch all back together) it won't boot anymore. Black screen with pink/purple LED. Any idea's? Taking it back apart right now, gonna see if there is anything weird.

Jopa777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hey all,

Got my SX Core installed today, tested it through every step, got a boot.dat "error" and green LED everytime.

Only when i got ready to do the SD card part (Switch all back together) it won't boot anymore. Black screen with pink/purple LED. Any idea's? Taking it back apart right now, gonna see if there is anything weird.
Did you plug nand?

GeForce555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

masbass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So wait does this mean I’m screwed with my sx lite?? I’m still waiting for my switch to come back...Assuming Nintendo pushes out a new firmware what are options for people with sx lite if atmosphere doesn’t work?

You stay in 10.2.0 forever. Still a better option that having a Lite without any hack at all (tons of games to play in a 3 year old system) and my guess is that it will be a while until games requiring fw update appear (and if so, maybe a solution will be found for them too).

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(and if so, maybe a solution will be found for them too).
Running titles that use a newer nnSdk version than your firmware supports is impossible and will never be possible (newer firmwares add stuff newer Sdk versions require).

Atmosphere will support Mariko “soon” (Scires said he plans on working on it after he’s done with mesosphere iirc), so it shouldn’t end up being an issue.

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

GeForce555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You stay in 10.2.0 forever. Still a better option that having a Lite without any hack at all (tons of games to play in a 3 year old system) and my guess is that it will be a while until games requiring fw update appear (and if so, maybe a solution will be found for them too).

Running titles that use a newer nnSdk version than your firmware supports is impossible and will never be possible (newer firmwares add stuff newer Sdk versions require).

Atmosphere will support Mariko “soon” (Scires said he plans on working on it after he’s done with mesosphere iirc), so it shouldn’t end up being an issue.

Thank you guys for your input I can only hope he does work on it...all I want to do was use homebrew on a switch lite :cry:

Jopa777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Could you explain why we would stay in 10.2.0 forever. We can update sysnand to newer versions or am I wrong?

Reactions: braised_beef

devilblessed

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I dunno if this is the right place but, do you guys know of any reputable sxcore seller in Europe? I've been on the webs for the last 3 days trying to find one. I'm from Portugal.
Thanks

Jopa777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, NAND is firmly in there. i've reseated it a couple times,also reseated the chip that connects to the NAND connector on the board.
Soldering points are bridged somewhere

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I dunno if this is the right place but, do you guys know of any reputable sxcore seller in Europe? I've been on the webs for the last 3 days trying to find one. I'm from Portugal.
Thanks
You have PM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1