Hacking Sx Core and Sx Lite , test Units Received

The8Darkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just try it, either it works and you dont have to solder or it doesnt and there is no harm done.
At least the wire glue i saw was quite easy to remove (which also checks out with most reviews of it)

There are basicly two downsides of wire glue:
1. Higher resistance than solder
2. Not as strong as solder

1. Could be an issue, but if the resistance is too high the modchip will simply not work with the glue and thats all
2. Isnt an issue since there really isnt any stress happening inside the switch when fully assembled

Litvinkov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Someone brick his switch while installing the SX CORE. Watch the video and avoid the same mistake

I think it's very important to note that he didn't PERMANENTLY BRICK his switch, he was still able to boot it after deinstalling and cleaning everything, and that actually makes me feel quite relieved to know that it's not that easy to permabrick the thing. Having to buy a new modchip is way cheaper than having to buy a new switch. Like many, i'm gonna have to get someone else to install this thing for me, and there are literally tons of people where i live who can do this, but i'm still obviously hella nervous about the whole thing.

I've actually wanted to ask about some definite things that you MUST NOT do to avoid damaging the console/chip in any way. Or should i assume that this kind of stuff will be included in the final "official" guide when this thing finally becomes common?

Reactions: Deleted User

DolphinPussy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read around and found about flux (not much on the internet back then), got me a proper soldering station, proper tin with flux, separate flux on the side and I suddenly added +10 to soldering. Apply flux liberally and then when it all cools down just clean it off.
YES, I call flux electronic lubricant. No flux, no fux.

matias3ds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So i tried to install my Sx Lite Today and it was a mess , on pictures and videos all the solder point look big and with a big distance between eacher other , but they are not . After my failure install i was able to desolder everything , and put my Lite back up and working as if was never touched .
For my personal experience this install needs a miscroscope and special thin solder point .
My advice guys is for you to wait , and buy it directly from someone that also makes the installation .
Avoid suffering for those small tin dots to solder , pay a little more , chill and relax knowing that a few more dollars will gurantee a succesfull install

semzorro

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So i tried to install my Sx Lite Today and it was a mess , on pictures and videos all the solder point look big and with a big distance between eacher other , but they are not . After my failure install i was able to desolder everything , and put my Lite back up and working as if was never touched .
For my personal experience this install needs a miscroscope and special thin solder point .
My advice guys is for you to wait , and buy it directly from someone that also makes the installation .
Avoid suffering for those small tin dots to solder , pay a little more , chill and relax knowing that a few more dollars will gurantee a succesfull install
This is same for SX CORE ?

Reactions: ShonuffJonez

xadra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
SX OS 3.0 got leaked (and maybe even reverse engineered the chip) and people are speculating that a cheaper chip will come out in some time from someone else than TX.

Do you know what implies for the people that already bought the chip? or for the general scene?

As I see it (I know nothing):
  • We still need a chip. There isn't a software solution for the Mariko / Lite Switch. It's unlikely that a software solution comes from someone using the solution that TX came up with.
  • Whatever chip whoever produces it will need some sort of testing. The chips from TX, as we already saw, are well designed.
Thoughts?

D

Deleted User

Did anyone with actual soldering skills or electrical knowledge actually fucking get one of these? I didn't even bother asking because I figured it was only for "top streamers" to circle-jerk more views, but someone must have gotten some ffs?

If I ever get my hands on a lite or core I'll post full microscoped installation images etc. Being in Canada all the distributors were based in the US for me and they all took a shit so hopefully there's a Chinese order alternative.

Last edited by , , Reason: spelling fail

YuukiON

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did anyone with actual soldering skills or electrical knowledge actually fucking get one of these? I didn't even bother asking because I figured it was only for "top streamers" to circle-jerk more views, but someone must have gotten some ffs?

If I ever get my hands on a lite or core I'll post full microscoped installation images etc. Being in Canada all the distributors were based in the US for me and they all took a shit so hopefully there's a Chinese order alternative.

Same here i have a small repair store with all the equipment however, i am unable to get the sc in italy yet

Astur_torque

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

I didn't know you already had a test unit.. I think you need a 0,5mm tip at the most..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i'm italian boy...where can i preorder sx core/lite product? today Xecuter SX OS cancel my order and refund me.

Try txswitch

Reactions: H3ISENB3RG

matias3ds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This is same for SX CORE ?
For the info that ive got CORE needs less solder point , but hard work is the same
Unskilled people or those that doesn't count with experience and the right tools , will probably burn some fuses and the chips that pay .
That people will later have to pay , for a repair , a new chip.and installation .

semzorro

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
news?

For the info that ive got CORE needs less solder point , but hard work is the same
Unskilled people or those that doesn't count with experience and the right tools , will probably burn some fuses and the chips that pay .
That people will later have to pay , for a repair , a new chip.and installation .
can smb recommend me right tools to install this chip?

Astur_torque

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just try it, either it works and you dont have to solder or it doesnt and there is no harm done.
At least the wire glue i saw was quite easy to remove (which also checks out with most reviews of it)

There are basicly two downsides of wire glue:
1. Higher resistance than solder
2. Not as strong as solder

1. Could be an issue, but if the resistance is too high the modchip will simply not work with the glue and thats all
2. Isnt an issue since there really isnt any stress happening inside the switch when fully assembled
i don't think the silver wire glue will have any resistence problems, you might have it with the carbon based ones though

so how would you go about removing the wire glue though?

maybe you should give the silver based wire glue a go then ?
did you manage to clean it up real good, did you use solder braid, how did you get the excess solder off , was it hard?

D

Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I use to have a guy for that thanks richard