1. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Do you guys think i can use Wire Glue? :v i'm scared of the soldering pistol xD

weatMod likes this.
  2. The8Darkness

The8Darkness Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Just try it, either it works and you dont have to solder or it doesnt and there is no harm done.
    At least the wire glue i saw was quite easy to remove (which also checks out with most reviews of it)

There are basicly two downsides of wire glue:
    1. Higher resistance than solder
    2. Not as strong as solder

1. Could be an issue, but if the resistance is too high the modchip will simply not work with the glue and thats all
    2. Isnt an issue since there really isnt any stress happening inside the switch when fully assembled

3. Litvinkov

Litvinkov Member
    Newcomer

Ukraine
    I think it's very important to note that he didn't PERMANENTLY BRICK his switch, he was still able to boot it after deinstalling and cleaning everything, and that actually makes me feel quite relieved to know that it's not that easy to permabrick the thing. Having to buy a new modchip is way cheaper than having to buy a new switch. Like many, i'm gonna have to get someone else to install this thing for me, and there are literally tons of people where i live who can do this, but i'm still obviously hella nervous about the whole thing.

I've actually wanted to ask about some definite things that you MUST NOT do to avoid damaging the console/chip in any way. Or should i assume that this kind of stuff will be included in the final "official" guide when this thing finally becomes common?

ModderFokker619 likes this.
  4. Astur_torque

Astur_torque GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Does anybody know how many farads are those capacitors in case you damage them?

5. Owne3d

Owne3d Member
    Newcomer

Most of them are 100nF as they only need to support 3.7V across the system, i dont have a switch lite tho to test it for you, i can check my old switch though

masbass likes this.
  6. Astur_torque

Spain
    any news from TX?

7. DolphinPussy

DolphinPussy Member
    Newcomer

United States
    YES, I call flux electronic lubricant. No flux, no fux.

8. matias3ds

OP matias3ds GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    So i tried to install my Sx Lite Today and it was a mess , on pictures and videos all the solder point look big and with a big distance between eacher other , but they are not . After my failure install i was able to desolder everything , and put my Lite back up and working as if was never touched .
    For my personal experience this install needs a miscroscope and special thin solder point .
    My advice guys is for you to wait , and buy it directly from someone that also makes the installation .
    Avoid suffering for those small tin dots to solder , pay a little more , chill and relax knowing that a few more dollars will gurantee a succesfull install

9. semzorro

semzorro GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    This is same for SX CORE ?

ShonuffJonez likes this.
  10. xadra

xadra Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    SX OS 3.0 got leaked (and maybe even reverse engineered the chip) and people are speculating that a cheaper chip will come out in some time from someone else than TX.

Do you know what implies for the people that already bought the chip? or for the general scene?

As I see it (I know nothing):
    • We still need a chip. There isn't a software solution for the Mariko / Lite Switch. It's unlikely that a software solution comes from someone using the solution that TX came up with.
    • Whatever chip whoever produces it will need some sort of testing. The chips from TX, as we already saw, are well designed.
    Thoughts?

11. grozio

grozio Member
    Newcomer

Antarctica
    i'm italian boy...where can i preorder sx core/lite product? today Xecuter SX OS cancel my order and refund me.

12. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Did anyone with actual soldering skills or electrical knowledge actually fucking get one of these? I didn't even bother asking because I figured it was only for "top streamers" to circle-jerk more views, but someone must have gotten some ffs?

If I ever get my hands on a lite or core I'll post full microscoped installation images etc. Being in Canada all the distributors were based in the US for me and they all took a shit so hopefully there's a Chinese order alternative.

Last edited May 31, 2020 - Reason: spelling fail
  13. Owne3d

Owne3d Member
    Newcomer

Same here i have a small repair store with all the equipment however, i am unable to get the sc in italy yet

14. Astur_torque

Spain
    I didn't know you already had a test unit.. I think you need a 0,5mm tip at the most..

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Try txswitch

H3ISENB3RG likes this.
  15. matias3ds

OP matias3ds GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    For the info that ive got CORE needs less solder point , but hard work is the same
    Unskilled people or those that doesn't count with experience and the right tools , will probably burn some fuses and the chips that pay .
    That people will later have to pay , for a repair , a new chip.and installation .

16. semzorro

semzorro GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    news?

can smb recommend me right tools to install this chip?

17. Astur_torque

Spain
  18. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i don't think the silver wire glue will have any resistence problems, you might have it with the carbon based ones though

so how would you go about removing the wire glue though?

maybe you should give the silver based wire glue a go then ?
    did you manage to clean it up real good, did you use solder braid, how did you get the excess solder off , was it hard?

19. ModderFokker619

ModderFokker619 GBAtemp Maniac

United States

Personally im a Kingbo Flux guy - After years of reballing Kingbo is 100% the best flux for these types of jobs. Amtech flux was close with 2nd.
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=kingbo+flux&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

I love Hakko Solder guns - Currently using FX-951 and FX888
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=FX-951&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

20. ShonuffJonez

ShonuffJonez Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Has anyone had experience with the TX80 and TX 100 irons and what they think about them ? Worth it or just hype

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Received, Units,