Hacking Sx Core and Sx Lite , test Units Received

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo's officials already pre-ordered the new modchips to their ninjas, and the fix will be straight right away when the installation guide and all 'how-to' explanations from tx come out, I guess.
this might take a while to fix, especially if the hardware requires a lot of changes

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wonder if they traced back the joycon rail exploit back to the board and that’s what you’re wiring while the chip hijacks emmc plus there supposed to be and extra wire to the power button right? .. anyway looking forward to seeing this in action
:yayswitch: Pretty funny they didn’t send the wiring diagram

AugustC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Tbh the hacking is going all over my head, so many terminology being used, I can barely get used to the first Emunand released into the 3DS, yeah that’s a few years ago. when it come to Nintendo switch, the learning curve just go parabolic, boot room, boot loader, boot strap, firmware, fusee, rcm, godmode, sysnand, emummc .. I’m getting lost to how to get everything setup from the scratch.

Dekkia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tbh the hacking is going all over my head, so many terminology being used, I can barely get used to the first Emunand released into the 3DS, yeah that’s a few years ago. when it come to Nintendo switch, the learning curve just go parabolic, boot room, boot loader, boot strap, firmware, fusee, rcm, godmode, sysnand, emummc .. I’m getting lost to how to get everything setup from the scratch.

This is off topic to the modchip, but here's everything you need to know: switch.homebrew.guide

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They just have to solder the nand to the board to make this more complex
it's already soldered to the board on the switch lite
plu i don't see them going that route on the regular switch they made it modular for a reason , if anything they will just glue it of pot it on more

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you’re familiar with Android/Linux you can get a grasp on some of the terminology but that’s only if you had tinkered with it in developer mode

MySwitchLite2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
everything seems like a battle between hacking community vs Nintendo.....cat & mouse game.....Nintendo doing their best not to lose future revenue. Free market is the best IMO. :)

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Naah, I don't think it's so simple.

More looks like a power or CLK clock glitching attack realization to the bootrom for me.
But it’s Nintendo ;) 2 wires power + ground still puts the system in a freeze while the chip does it job
If it was 8+ wires then maybe clk attack but either way nice to see they have a solution

Reactions: mathew77

bakageta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it’s Nintendo ;) 2 wires power + ground still puts the system in a freeze while the chip does it job
If it was 8+ wires then maybe clk attack but either way nice to see they have a solution

I'm easily seeing 8+ solder points, I don't know where everyone keeps getting 2 wires. Solder bridges to the resistors on the SoC on the flex that lays across it, and another 7 solder bridges to misc components from the other flex cable, including clk.

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm easily seeing 8+ solder points, I don't know where everyone keeps getting 2 wires. Solder bridges to the resistors on the SoC on the flex that lays across it, and another 7 solder bridges to misc components from the other flex cable, including clk.
The chips have 2 labels. Solder Point 1 and Solder Point 2.

Reactions: Kuron3ko

bakageta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The chips have 2 labels. Solder Point 1 and Solder Point 2.

Close. The chip has two labels, SP1 and SP2, and everyone else is jumping into them meaning only 2 points. You can see plenty of exposed pads on the flex cables that will have to be bridged to components, the entire other flex cable would be pointless if you weren't soldering to those pads. I expect SP1 and SP2 will either be needed for 2 wires that can't be reached with the flex, or they'll be used to build up solder for a contact-only connection with the heatpipe. Scratch that last part, can clearly see the large pad at the end of that flex will be contact ground. 2 external wires, sure, but still 7 solder points on the other flex to bridge, and at least two resistors on the top of the SoC too, just above those two wires.

Last edited by bakageta,

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Close. The chip has two labels, SP1 and SP2, and everyone else is jumping into them meaning only 2 points. You can see plenty of exposed pads on the flex cables that will have to be bridged to components, the entire other flex cable would be pointless if you weren't soldering to those pads. I expect SP1 and SP2 will either be needed for 2 wires that can't be reached with the flex, or they'll be used to build up solder for a contact-only connection with the heatpipe. Scratch that last part, can clearly see the large pad at the end of that flex will be contact ground. 2 external wires, sure, but still 7 solder points on the other flex to bridge, and at least two resistors on the top of the SoC too, just above those two wires.
The one installed on the Lite non of those points have wiring on the top view photo I wouldn’t think just 2 wires and extra to the power switch to deactivate it
but will find out soon enough , didn’t they say they would have a solderless option coming too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto