Hacking Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment [PSP]

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't really mind if it did. I was making the patch so that the game would be playable in English. I don't mind if someone beats me to it. Plus, to make the Hollow Fragment translation work on the PSP, we'll need most of the programming work we've already done.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Where did that question ever come from anyway ? The Vita isn't hacked yet + the game is coming in English. Why is there a need for a patch ?

Reactions: omarrrio

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
mfw Namco Bandai saw the Hype over this patch and decided to make profit by putting it in VITA because it isn't hacked.

if the patch wasn't expected by many fans, they wouldn't even cared to think about releasing an english game, since their stupid shitty post in their blog stating "Including an HD version of Infinity Moment" just to get people to buy Hollow Fragment, when it's just Infinity Moment Story + Hollow Area Story.

You can look it up on youtube, any HF walkthrough will show you what i am talking about.

Reactions: GHANMI

jag272

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As much as the Hollow Fragment patch would speed it up i hope it dosent just so your efforts arent for nought
In all honesty even if that were the case it wouldnt be for nought. The process of creating their own translation has given them an understanding about how the game in particular works so even if they make use of the Hollow Fragment translation rather than finishing their own, while the translation may end up being less useful the experience will make inputting the official translation much easier.

Edit: Sporky beat me to it.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mfw Namco Bandai saw the Hype over this patch and decided to make profit by putting it in VITA because it isn't hacked.

if the patch wasn't expected by many fans, they wouldn't even cared to think about releasing an english game, since their stupid shitty post in their blog stating "Including an HD version of Infinity Moment" just to get people to buy Hollow Fragment, when it's just Infinity Moment Story + Hollow Area Story.

You can look it up on youtube, any HF walkthrough will show you what i am talking about.
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but as far as I know, nobody at Bandai, or for that matter, basically anyone outside this forum knows that our project was happening at all. Given the number of patch projects that get started but never come anywhere near completion, I doubt they'd care even if they did know.

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but as far as I know, nobody at Bandai, or for that matter, basically anyone outside this forum knows that our project was happening at all. Given the number of patch projects that get started but never come anywhere near completion, I doubt they'd care even if they did know.

how would you know that no one at bandai knows about this ? i find it weird that bandai "suddenly" decided to release some game outside of japan, something other than DBZ.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how would you know that no one at bandai knows about this ? i find it weird that bandai "suddenly" decided to release some game outside of japan, something other than DBZ.
I suspect that it has to do with the popularity of the SAO dub playing in the US at the moment, and the light novels getting official translations at the same time. Before now, releasing an SAO game in the US would have been trying to tap into the niche market of people who have watched the fansubs/fan translations, and more or less officially endorsing pirating the the anime. As for why nobody at Bandai would know about us, why would they? Do we even turn up in a Google search for SAO translation?

Reactions: omarrrio

icantfeelmyarms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anything that has it's popularity like DBZ ?

DBZ goes a lot further than games though, you have to realize. Not to mention it gained its roots in the west a loooong time ago. As for games though, I would say they've released games a lot more popular than DBZ, or at least games they've published like the Souls franchise (which has become one of the fastest growing franchises as far as popularity in the west). Also, their Tales games have a huge following in the west. The DBZ games are often hit or miss. Fans either love them, hate them or feel indifferent. So if we're comparing the DBZ franchise overall to another franchise, then it'd be hard to say because it's like like DBZ games are the only medium for DBZ that keep it alive. But games? Yea, the Souls games are probably a lot more popular than the DBZ games, since they're loved by those who like anime, those who hate anime, those who love Japanese games and those who hate Japanese games. It's an approachable franchise to westerners, unlike DBZ which most westerners either have to had grown up with or gotten into it because they watch anime.

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I suspect that it has to do with the popularity of the SAO dub playing in the US at the moment, and the light novels getting official translations at the same time. Before now, releasing an SAO game in the US would have been trying to tap into the niche market of people who have watched the fansubs/fan translations, and more or less officially endorsing pirating the the anime. As for why nobody at Bandai would know about us, why would they? Do we even turn up in a Google search for SAO translation?

We totally do.
After the fake patches that is.

http://imgur.com/Gjc1QsI
http://imgur.com/SgOxyan

lcleong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
see how u guys favourite vita translation r3 asia region and would be probably the same as r1 usa anyway:

14267546526_7c5f572182_z.jpg

14290685725_f513ff4f13_z.jpg

this is why i prefer fan translation

jag272

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
see how u guys favourite vita translation r3 asia region and would be probably the same as r1 usa anyway:

-images cut-

this is why i prefer fan translation

If that is indeed the translation i guess we'll still be needing a full fan translation afterall XD I wouldnt expect them to change it much for EU/US release if they already have a version in english honestly, we'll see.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Are you kidding me0.0 That's the OFFICIAL translation? Our translation is definitely better than that, that's for sure. The scenes aren't THAT bad, but if the entire game has translation flaws like that then>-<

icantfeelmyarms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that is indeed the translation i guess we'll still be needing a full fan translation afterall XD I wouldnt expect them to change it much for EU/US release if they already have a version in english honestly, we'll see.

I don't think anything that poor of quality could ever make it past quality checkers, at least in America... Well, unless you're Natsume.

Now this is what I call quality!!!
I6n5XuX.png

The good ol' hing RodCoopper Fishin! It's for fishing!

Luckily Natsume's improved by the ass ton with their quality checking and translations, and American publishers all mostly have improved too. So I doubt such a poorly translated line as shown in that screenshot from the (I'm guessing SE) Asia region's Sword Art would make it to an official American release.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh my god :wtf:
This translation is bad and Namco should feel bad

iPx25drxjlAV5.gif

Not even Natsume would have such translations
It seems that the Phantasia iOS port suffers from the exact same problem too (plus, besides mere wonky translations, control codes fragments and dangling brackets out in the open, fragments of next sentence colliding with the current one)

I'm interested in more screenshots, if you have any more.

Well, if the official translation ends up being released in that kind of "quality", I may still have some work to do.

Thanks a lot for the good laugh. This post made my day :P

When Capcom released the English versions of the Ace Attorney in Japan first, they actually went back and fixed a lot of typos for the US release. But I doubt Namdai will do the same in this particular case since the European version is apparently English only and they'll likely copy-paste it as it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yeah the real estate market is in utter ruins, unemployment is sky rocketing, just a huge mess