Hacking Switching from REDNAND to ShadowNAND?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
lol wtf

and @Bortz, i don't know why Mass' message was deleted (I haven't read it), but if you are deleting messages for this reason, i think you should delete all the messages about this
i apparently hurt someone's feelings lmao
At least shadowhand actually released something when he said he would

Reactions: Wolfvak

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Which isn't everyone.
The fact that FIRM0FIRM1 is encrypted using AES-CTR ("plaintext dg flaw") is labelled as "discovered by everyone". It wouldn't make sense if the ECB flaw wouldn't have had the same treatment.

The fact that the 10.x fw can be use for this is another thing, hence the additional attribution.

Last edited by TuxSH,
Reactions: Mrrraou and pbanj

Ennea

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lol, many flaws are under "Everyone" on 3dbrew. I don't see the issue with that.

The fact that FIRM0FIRM1 is encrypted using AES-CTR ("plaintext dg flaw") is labelled as "discovered by everyone". It wouldn't make sense if the ECB flaw wouldn't have had the same treatment.

Hm, you're right. Didn't even see that. I think that's weird wording though.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So did Aurora.
I was referring to Mrao.
I respect AW more than most other devs, just quietly contributing without making any song and dance about it.
SH is respectable also - producing stuff that's actually useful to people. Talking about what he's making and then following through. Maybe a little attitude but can be justified in context depending on your point of view.
I don't think Mrao has any right to be bullying anyone with 50,000 more respect points than he does. Whether the bullying had any basis in reality or not.

Reactions: Shadowhand

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I was referring to Mrao.
I respect AW more than most other devs, just quietly contributing without making any song and dance about it.
SH is respectable also - producing stuff that's actually useful to people. Talking about what he's making and then following through. Maybe a little attitude but can be justified in context depending on your point of view.
I don't think Mrao has any right to be bullying anyone with 50,000 more respect points than he does. Whether the bullying had any basis in reality or not.
I feel like ShadowHand needs to get off the power trip honestly. I appreciate that some people want the "minimalist" features... but... that's no reason to discredit the origin code. As said in the #cakey IRC. I just think it's bad play to be so douchey to the person who manufactured your base. :/

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
What guide should I follow? I saw the ShadowNAND github page and theres otp required. Should I need that again? I'm currently on Luma3DS.
I don't think anyone specifically answered this part. Everyone's been too busy bickering.

I followed the guide in the GitHub page, and the one for ShadowNAND Installer. You shouldn't need the OTP again since you already have A9LH. Just run the installer using A9LH. You may need to update Luma's path, if you move it. IIRC, that can be done in the config now.

Reactions: Mrrraou

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was referring to Mrao.

Btw, it's Mrrraou, with 3 'r' and a 'u' at the end. (I don't agree with your post at all anyways.)

Reactions: OctopusRift

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
You guys are terrible. There are real people on the other side of those keyboards. Would it kill any of you to be civil once and a while?
Sure, but let's not forget the times that ShadowNAND discredited Aurora, which is where literally all of his code is copied from - also, the time that he posted AW's code on /r/shittyprogramming.

Rift put it perfectly, he needs to get off his power trip.

Reactions: Joel16 and Mrrraou

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I feel like ShadowHand needs to get off the power trip honestly. I appreciate that some people want the "minimalist" features... but... that's no reason to discredit the origin code. As said in the #cakey IRC. I just think it's bad play to be so douchey to the person who manufactured your base. :/
If AW had any problem wouldn't she have done something about it? (I don't know the rules about licencing and GPL and such). And (even though I have AW's v3) at least the progress on shadowNAND is visible, whereas an issue for AW's is its in a perpetually unreleased state and you don't really know what the progress is if any (no idea if it has been worked on in the last 3 months).

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
If AW had any problem wouldn't she have done something about it? (I don't know the rules about licencing and GPL and such). And (even though I have AW's v3) at least the progress on shadowNAND is visible, whereas an issue for AW's is its in a perpetually unreleased state and you don't really know what the progress is if any (no idea if it has been worked on in the last 3 months).
Just because something's legally acceptable doesn't mean it's not a douche move.

AW's is in a perpetually unreleased state is because it's not complete yet, Shadowhand just has a lower quality of release.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, but let's not forget the times that ShadowNAND discredited Aurora, which is where literally all of his code is copied from - also, the time that he posted AW's code on /r/shittyprogramming.

Rift put it perfectly, he needs to get off his power trip.
Fine, but that isnt your problem. And I suggest you stop dragging this topic further off topic.

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
If you feel like you aren't seeing anything, read the commits dude! Also I agree with astro about the discrediting.

Fine, but that isnt your problem. And I suggest you stop dragging this topic further off topic.
I apologize man. I don't want to antagonize anyone but, I feel some people deserve their just deserts. No harm, no foul. :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Just because something's legally acceptable doesn't mean it's not a douche move.
But AW had not to my knowledge ever issued any statement saying she didn't like what's been done with her code

AW's is in a perpetually unreleased state is because it's not complete yet, Shadowhand just has a lower quality of release.
But is it under development? Will it stay as it is forever? There's no public release thread for feedback/help/news.

Not that I agree with everything SH does but surely someone who trolled the community for several months shouldn't get to tell off someone who had actually released something, whatever percentage original code it may be.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

read the commits
OK I should pay more attention to github and less to gbatemp, you are right :P

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
But AW had not to my knowledge ever issued any statement saying she didn't like what's been done with her code
Because that would make her seem like a dick.

But is it under development? Will it stay as it is forever? There's no public release thread for feedback/help/news.
AW herself said that it's still under development and will see a stable release once remaining issues (namely DS carts) are resolved.
Not that I agree with everything SH does but surely someone who trolled the community for several months shouldn't get to tell off someone who had actually released something, whatever percentage original code it may be.
Who exactly trolled the community for months?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :P:ha::P :D:blush::evil: +1