Hacking Switching from REDNAND to ShadowNAND?

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's not so professional of him , a developer shouldn't be treating ppl that way, it's disgusting, shaming someone for not being a good English speaker? That's just so low.
I'm not getting paid by any of you, and so I do not have to suck up to anyone. Feel free to stop using my software.
As for his English skills, he needs to fix them because he's being misunderstood. It's for his own good, I don't benefit from HIS English skills.

If his sentences spread misinformation only because he did not put a comma, it's a big problem. Humans speak to spread information, and when your speech spreads false information, or if you're incapable of conveying your knowledge, then it's time you learnt how to speak better. Am I wrong?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is the stage1 payload capable of booting some kind of emergency payload from SD? Is this unique to ShadowNAND?
There's another fork that can do altstage2, but as far as I know, ShadowNAND is the only one that has both SDless boot AND altstage2.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah that stage 2 thing could be a good reason to use shadowNAND over AW's. I don't think the folder structure makes sense as there's more levels of folders than you need. It would be funny if someone forked shadowNAND and only changed where it looked for its files :P
Has been done, called DNANwodahS, but people raged at him for renaming the thing, so I asked him to make a PR and I will be merging it once I get my laptop up and working. It will also include path changes back to SD root.

Last edited by Shadowhand,

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
It boots from SD. If it can't find a payload to load (called bootmgr.bin), it will alert you.

So I assume stage1 prioritizes loading bootmgr.bin over stage2.
This makes it a lot safer to work on an a9lh fork then. Even if stage2 is completely broken, you can recover. Must be useful if a dev happens to lack a NAND modded console.

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I assume stage1 prioritizes loading bootmgr.bin over stage2.
This makes it a lot safer to work on an a9lh fork then. Even if stage2 is completely broken, you can recover. Must be useful if a dev happens to lack a NAND modded console.
No no, that's not how that works. Stage1 won't boot anything on its own. What happens is, Stage1 will try to run Stage2, but if that's fucked you can simply hold DPAD_DOWN, which will boot AltStage2, which then boots bootmgr.bin.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Has been done, called DNANwodahS, but people raged at him for renaming the thing, so I asked him to make a PR and I will be merging it once I get my laptop up and working. It will also include path changes back to SD root.
Don't know why people raged at him even though the author doesn't care about renaming.
Will wait for ShadowNAND with SD root path. Thank for your hard work :D.

Last edited by nechigawara,
Reactions: Shadowhand

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
v3, so we should use SafeA9LHInstaller 2.5? To confirm, that is not the same as the data input v3 from Plailect's, right?
No, this file is A9LH v.3 Beta which come with SDless + FIRM protection. But, with some minor bug about playing NDS game while SDless/No payload found.
You still need data input v3 from Plailect's to install A9LH.

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
What part of me sharing my knowledge with you is funny? I said "as far as I know". I've had a team of people test everything in ShadowNAND just so people wouldn't brick with it. I don't recall AW asking anyone to test her fork. Stop being a condescending dumbass.
I bricked with it and switched to the AW fork. Sorry mate :<

Reactions: Mrrraou

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just because she doesn't ask publicly doesn't mean she doesn't. no need to be butthurt
And I would have no idea, which means what I said is correct right? The "as far as I know" part? Do you know that literally the first time it has been on github was a private repo I gave to her, meaning I've been with her on that since it started? Being a condescending dumbass or a hooligan doesn't help anyone. People like you kill scenes by driving out the developers.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
And I would have no idea, which means what I said is correct right? The "as far as I know" part? Do you know that literally the first time it has been on github was a private repo I gave to her, meaning I've been with her on that since it started? Being a condescending dumbass or a hooligan doesn't help anyone. People like you kill scenes by driving out the developers.
no that doesn't mean it's correct. that means you are doing suppositions and supplying those as facts. and lol about me killing scenes

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Are you calling him dramatic bro? You named your CFW SaltFW out of spite man. Just playing devils advocate.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh look, Mrraou brough his friends to bully me out of the scene. Tough luck.
lol wtf

and @Bortz, i don't know why Mass' message was deleted (I haven't read it), but if you are deleting messages for this reason, i think you should delete all the messages about this
i apparently hurt someone's feelings lmao

Ennea

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
no that doesn't mean it's correct. that means you are doing suppositions and supplying those as facts. and lol about me killing scenes

I suppose "everyone" discovering the rearrangeable keys in NAND keystore flaw was not a supposition, then o.O

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I suppose "everyone" discovering the rearrangeable keys in NAND keystore flaw was not a supposition, then o.O
It's (the fact it can exists) is basic crypto.

Literally anyone who understands ECB and have heard about k9lh can find this "flaw"

Last edited by TuxSH,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...