Hacking Switched Shell's on a DSi now it wont turn on???

Bat420maN

OP
Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.freeforums.org
XP
Country
United States
I switched out the shell on my DSi, now when I power it on the blue light comes on, the bottom screen flash's, then it just shuts down. As far as I can tell everything was put back together correctly. Is there something that commonly cause's this issue? Is my DSi screwed?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Bottom screen flash means the top screen isn't working.

The most likely cause is that you didn't properly reinsert the ribbon cable back to the motherboard. Take it apart and make sure the ribbon cable is in properly this time, then test if it works before putting it back together. When I did my case mod I had this problem, and had it fixed within 2 minutes just by taking the cable out and putting it in again (but a bit further).

If that doesn't work, you broke the ribbon cable for the top screen, and will have to buy a new one and replace it. Or sell it to me cheap
biggrin.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yup, it's most definately the ribbon cable. The same thing happened to me
tongue.gif

Be careful with the little "clamp" thingy. It breaks REALLY easily.

Bat420maN

OP
Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.freeforums.org
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick response guys, I'll start tearing it back down now. Couple rookie mistakes, I didn't do to bad. If I need more help I'll be back, if not thank you very much.

Works perfect now, thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, the ones I got off DX fit together pretty nicely, didn't need to alter it in anyway, and it's a lot cheaper.

But that's for the DSL, hopfully the same factory will make some the same for the DSi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf