Hacking Question Switch won’t power on after turning off AutoRCM then Power Off via Hekate.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using a USB 3.0 port with an aftermarket USB-C cable that was almost twice as long. (I have been using that longer cable this entire time though, so I am not sure if that was the issue).

It could also be a problem with the port. I have a laptop with a blue USB 3.0 port, and probably 7 out of 10 times I use it it fails. I'm not sure what is happening on the Switch when this happens either, but I can't try again without holding the power button for 10+ seconds and going back into RCM. When I'm on the go, I've just gotten used to attempting several times to start my Switch.

I also have a desktop computer with a USB 3.0 port. Same software, same driver, same cable. Works perfect every time.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is just sitting at the Hekate menu, I am a little scared to boot into CFW, do you think I am fine to do that and proceed as normal?
This whole thread is confusing. Are you on FW 6.2 or not? Do you have an EMUNAND? I saw nothing about SX so...

If you are on 6.2, then no. You can't boot CFW. If you are able to downgrade using hekate or some other rcm payload, then you *might be able to boot 6.1 after downgrading, but if any fuses are burnt for 6.2, it will lock up every time you go into sleep mode.

Last edited by urherenow,

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
try holding the power button for 20 secs> then hold vol+ then press pwr button. Connect to computer and see if tegra picks it up
Sorry hijacking someone else´s post, but this just helped me restar my switch after I´ve inject a payload when my system was already on Hekate mode (dumb!)! Thanks!!

Reactions: Shift-X

Tr00p3r321

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry hijacking someone else´s post, but this just helped me restar my switch after I´ve inject a payload when my system was already on Hekate mode (dumb!)! Thanks!!
Bro I had the exact same issue but after reading this I fixed mine I owe you 300 hundred dollars!!!!!!

Reactions: MUDD_BR

Cynax

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sucks dude, potentially sounds like a paperweight to me. Yeah I get what everyone is saying about trying to hold the power button for 10, 20+ seconds, but you've already disconnected the battery and tried plugging it back in, which should have definitely left it in a 100% off state.

The only thing I can think of is that AutoRCM is off, but something is still wrong with boot0/boot1 and the Switch is locking up instead of booting. So my only advice would be to try disconnecting the battery (at this point I'd just leave the Switch open until you've got it fixed), plug it back in, and use a jig to enter RCM. Then maybe you'll be able to see it on your PC and send a payload to it. Best of luck, that's all I can say.
Hey, I made this account specifically to thank you! I felt like I tried everything and your solution worked for me! Thank you soooooo much!

Reactions: RHOPKINS13

Milkaline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue right now. But my switch is instead detected as malfunctioned on my computer. Have tried a brand new cable and as soon as I do the AutoRCM combination my computer detects it as usb device malfunctioned

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do youu have a fix for my problem potentially? Thanks

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue right now. But my switch is instead detected as malfunctioned on my computer. Have tried a brand new cable and as soon as I do the AutoRCM combination my computer detects it as usb device malfunctioned

Try a different usbc cable preferably a shorter one.. if not then the usbc port on the switch may of gone bad or come loose connection..

Does the switch work normally otherwise ? Loading up playing games etc ? charging

Shift-X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Try a different port!
Try both USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports
Re-install the drivers for Zadig then retry again.

Milkaline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try a different port!
Try both USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports
Re-install the drivers for Zadig then retry again.
Alright will do. The problem is Zadig won't even detect my switch at all to install the drivers.

Try a different usbc cable preferably a shorter one.. if not then the usbc port on the switch may of gone bad or come loose connection..

Does the switch work normally otherwise ? Loading up playing games etc ? charging
No it does not work at all, nothing. I have tried brand new USB C cables and none of them work except when I press the autorcm combination (plus+power) it shows the usb malfunctioned sign in my computer

Shift-X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright will do. The problem is Zadig won't even detect my switch at all to install the drivers.

No it does not work at all, nothing. I have tried brand new USB C cables and none of them work except when I press the autorcm combination (plus+power) it shows the usb malfunctioned sign in my computer
Did you click on "options" and selected "List all devices" while the switch is connected?
Also, launch Device manager while the switch is connected to see if you get any errors.

Milkaline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you click on "options" and selected "List all devices" while the switch is connected?
Also, launch Device manager while the switch is connected to see if you get any errors.
Yes and it only shows the regular USB ports of my computer. In device manager after I get the USB device malfunctioned error it shows an error in device manager next to unknown USB or something. Not to mention when I take the usb c cable out (any of them) they are really hot for some reason

Shift-X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes and it only shows the regular USB ports of my computer. In device manager after I get the USB device malfunctioned error it shows an error in device manager next to unknown USB or something. Not to mention when I take the usb c cable out (any of them) they are really hot for some reason
Try a new cord. Also, did you downgrade the firmware?

Milkaline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try a new cord. Also, did you downgrade the firmware?
Got it working and can consistently go into RCM! I am only having the problem of it not detecting the SD card or any sd card and this is because I probably opened it up to replace the battery so I will titegn that housing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la