Hacking Switch to new external driver?

SnowJim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I have a external drive with a couple of games on. Now i need to replace the drive but keep the data. Is there any problems to just copy the data with a windows computer? How do i do this the best way?

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I have a external drive with a couple of games on. Now i need to replace the drive but keep the data. Is there any problems to just copy the data with a windows computer? How do i do this the best way?
It won't work on pc. Pc won't recognize Wii U format. Stick both drives into the Wii U and it'll take you to data management from there you can transfer the games over.

SnowJim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, the problem is that i only have one dubble power usb cabel. Is it possible to clone it with some software even if windows cant read it?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks, the problem is that i only have one dubble power usb cabel. Is it possible to clone it with some software even if windows cant read it?
Supposedly the Wii U won't recognize the cloned drive, because the partition contains some drive specific data on it and if it doesn't match the drive it'll prompt you to format.
Even if it worked, you'd be left with the same amount of space on the target drive because the partition size is cloned from the old drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-