Homebrew Discussion Switch overclocking released (improved N64 & PSX emu)

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Zelda OoT there is a long pause when accessing the item menu, as well as some graphical glitching, and in Majora’s Mask the title screen is invisible.

Are these known problems with Muppen64Plus, or do I have something configured wrong?
Long pause entering menu was an issue on other platforms (even other emus) before.
See: http://www.emutalk.net/threads/13878-Ocarina-of-Time-subscreen-delay-fix-codes-for-all-ROMs

Glitching textures sounds like an emulation issue as well. (Probably the emulators fault and not the port). That said there even are texture issues in the OOT menu, one of those games where you'd think that people would have cared to fix that, so... *whatdoIknow*

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: angelhp

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can the parallel and glide builds be made with overclock too?
From what I know, it was the lack of open gl, which prevented the core parallel port (seen on the retroarch switch site itself)
The port will arrive, and the oc has been implemented in retroarch, the cores do not need an update or update to benefit from it ( oc )
I may be wrong, but I don't believe it.
Who confirmed it?

Hs
The overclock has even been tested on the switch OS ,which could benefit, not official because apparently very unstable

Last edited by KHEOPS,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
From what I know, it was the lack of open gl, which prevented the core parallel port (seen on the retroarch switch site itself)
The port will arrive, and the oc has been implemented in retroarch, the cores do not need an update or update to benefit from it ( oc )
I may be wrong, but I don't believe it.
Who confirmed it?
Wrong, parallel had OpenGL since its nsp was released, the only reason why @m4xw replaced Parallel in favor of mupen was because most of the titles are faster on mupen (but according to my testing Parallel performs other titles better).

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wrong, parallel had OpenGL since its nsp was released, the only reason why @m4xw replaced Parallel in favor of mupen was because most of the titles are faster on mupen (but according to my testing Parallel performs other titles better).
I was talking about open gl switch retroarch support

Features

• OpenGL support
      • Thanks to Mesa/Nouveau support, this Switch version comes with full-blown OpenGL support (thanks to fincsdev). This means that all of the advanced features available on the PC should be available on Switch as well! GLSL shaders should be supported, overlays are supported, and thanks to OpenGL support, we can use hardware-accelerated menus such as XMB/MaterialUI (with full thumbnail support, theming, etc). In addition to all this, it allows us to port libretro cores that require the use of OpenGL later in the future, such as Parallel N64, OpenLara, and potentially more like Reicast/PPSSPP/etc!
https://www.libretro.com/index.php/retroarch-1-7-5-introducing-libnx-switch-version/

Parallel has my preference over android at 100%, absolutely impressive emulation quality, no bugs in zelda, in menus, shadows etc.... Force the 60 fps in all n64 games.

Last edited by KHEOPS,

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ohh so there aren’t any problem to run this 2-3 hours per day :), uhmm an other question is why is ppsspp so dificult to import to switch sys and not in lakka ?

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying the latest 11/30 nightly. Setting overclock to 1.5Ghz. Tried running Super Mario 64 (few different versions). Each time the title screen comes up ("It's a me, Mario"), then pauses for a second and crashes. Full restart is needed. Any ideas?

My apologies for asking again, but can anyone give any suggestions? The N64 core crashes after loading the Super Mario 64 ROM. All other tested cores work fine. ROM is in a .z64 format, which is acceptable according to the documentation. Same result whether overclocking the application or not. I've checked the core documentation, and can't find anything that I'm missing. Any suggestions?

arianadark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies for asking again, but can anyone give any suggestions? The N64 core crashes after loading the Super Mario 64 ROM. All other tested cores work fine. ROM is in a .z64 format, which is acceptable according to the documentation. Same result whether overclocking the application or not. I've checked the core documentation, and can't find anything that I'm missing. Any suggestions?
use the nsp version of retroarch

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
uhmm an other question is why is ppsspp so dificult to import to switch sys and not in lakka ?

tl;dr - Horizon does some very basic things extremely different from Linux, and these have to be accounted for all over the place. Aside from that, retroarch is likely dependent on upstream implementing these required changes (as in hrygard/ppsspp) and merging them in. At the current time, I'm also not aware of anyone actively working on this.

Last edited by chaoskagami,

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so sorry when that happens it's viewable to me not to others i made the change to allow embed

should work now. Also can anyone help me with the issue with assets? Is there a way to install them manually? When I try through updater it goes to 99 extracted then hangs?

using nxshell to extract seems to work

Last edited by grabman,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg