Hardware Switch only boots into OS after completely draining battery and recharging

fl0PPsy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Switch (was on firmware v6.2) that was working perfectly fine using AutoRCM and booting into Atmosphere. I wanted to update some files on the SDcard so I powered off, copied files over and then put the card back in, injected the payload an boom nothing but a black screen. I tried repeatedly in various ways to boot into the OS and nothing. I would get the Switch logo and then black. I tried different SD cards freshly formatted newer versions of Atmosphere as they came out, all resulted in the same thing. So I left my switch sitting for a few weeks while I had other stuff to do. When I came back to it the battery was completely drained. I charged and to my surprise it actually booted into the OS after injecting hekate. Great I thought. Its come back. I pressed power to put it to sleep and then went to turn it on again and nothing. Just a black screen. Powering off by holding the power button for a while allowed me to get back to the point where I could inject Hekate which runs fine but I still cant boot into the OS.

After many attempts I worked out that the console does boot into the OS BUT!! it will only do it after the battery has been completely drained, then charge the console and on the first attempt after that it boots but putting it to sleep kills it again. To get it to work again the battery needs to be drained again to repeat the process.

Has anyone encountered this?

Oh I should mention that I've now also tried upgrading to the latest firmware when I actually got the console to boot and it installed but the end result is still the same. New OS version also only boots when the console has been full drained and recharged. No fuses were blown when I did the upgrade so I'm still on 8 (6.2) and I have a nand backup of 6.2 which I can put back on. I have also tried just putting the 6.2 backup on but the issue is still there.

fl0PPsy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried using a freshly formatted SDcard and Kosmos 13.0.2 files which has Atmosphere 0.9.2. As I said I have updated from 6.2 to 8.x and I did use ChoidujourNX for that but the behaviour is still exactly the same.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
make sure your using latest hekate payload to boot and try booting the os using the sxloader payload just for inital sucessful boot, You don't need a key to boot stock or custom.

I seem to have this issue when i need to recreate the Nintendo folder and it take few trys then its fine after that

fl0PPsy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I've tried booting using sxloader and then booting into the normal OS. It works the first time after draining the battery and recharging but once the console goes to sleep it wont turn back on. Just a blackscreen.

I've now even tried formatting the SDcard using the switch when it does boot after discharge/charge cycle but that made no difference. After all the files are copied onto the SDcard again the console still wont wake from sleep.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I d say try to restore a clean backup or reinstall the OS by redo a update with ChoiDujourNX. then if no change i leave to a hardware issue which i d have to google around to find an answer.

actually this reminds me of a similar issue i saw on a video here in saying maybe the battery faulty or connector

Last edited by pcwizard7,

fl0PPsy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've worked out whats wrong on this now. the Wifi module is dead. Others are reporting similar behavior when the wifi or BT modules stop working.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've worked out whats wrong on this now. the Wifi module is dead. Others are reporting similar behavior when the wifi or BT modules stop working.

yea I 've seems a switch won't fully boot without the wifi/Bluetooth module installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo