Switch OLED teardown V1/V2

zal16

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Modchip can't communicate with eMMC. Check your dat0, cmd and clk points (measure voltage drop in diode mode on DMM). Possibly your 3v3 but that's most likely good.
DMM? What does this mean?

Sorry, english isn't my native language

zal16

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If it's a issue with the FPGA, is there any way to fix it or will I have to buy another modchip?

zal16

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
managed to solve my problems, they were making a very simple mistake, I had just reversed the CLK and RST wires

Reactions: doom95

zal16

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was able to backup my NAND and prod.keys, but now every time I turn it on, the modchip shows a steady yellow light (not blinking), what could it be?

I did the reset training, after finishes, the payload is injected succefully, but if i power off the console and turn on again, the steady yellow light returns.

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
New OLED specific chip from AliExpress installed successfully. Not recommended for quick and easy installs. The flex PCB for the CPU bends too much, puts a bit of pressure on the CPU resistors in my opinion, but it's strong enough to hold, I'm not worried. The flex PCB up top is just garbage...takes ALOT of time to get it right, I even cut off part of it and manually wired 3.3v and ground.

TLDR: This new OLED model is poorly designed, but works. Be prepared to put in extra time to install it properly.

Hopefully this helps you out if you get this revision :)
I saw on youtube someone made a new cable kit so maybe this will make the install process faster

lufeig

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I’ve seen reports saying that U shaped ribbon is kinda sh*tty because of its build quality and stress that it puts on the CLK pad. You have to be extra careful with it.

Acide0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On my side this flex cable that need to bend over resistors is garbage,I see it even without installing it lol. When I received the first one I decide to go with wires insted less risky and its work flawlessly.

TheUnknownOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone that's done the 6 wire chips, has anyone found that some install it trains/glitches really fast and others takes a long long time in training mode?

edit: nevermind, somehow my dat0 adapter lost connection to the point under the emmc chip, not sure how that happened since it was anchored in place.

Last edited by TheUnknownOne,

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
They don't know it's broken, he swapped the serial numbers and probably said it was a repeat gift, would be sold as new or open box, so whoever buys it gets screwed. If he returned it saying it was broken there'd be no reason to swap the serial numbers.

Make sense?

Edit, I re read the post and do see he stated it was defective. Why swap the serial numbers then, doesn't really add up to be honest.
I’m confused by your confusion.

The guy claims he swapped serials and returned it as defective this makes perfect sense.

many retailers sometimes Walmart included put the serial number on the receipt/invoice also the same serial numbers on the box and console.

so the reason someone would return a dead one as defective and swap the back is because they aren’t using the OG box they’re using the box the new one came in.
so bare minimum the unit needs to match the box and probably also needs to match a corresponding serial number on the receipt/invoice.

I still say if you broke it yourself, then that's on you.
not that I’m advocating for it #DoNotCrime

but I do understand wanting to rip off giant multinational conglomerate that rip us off constantly knowing that ultimately they have budgets for shrinkage and will eventually return it back to the manufacturer and fundamentally none of us would need to bother with mod chips if Nintendo gave us access to our own hardware As they morally should.

so when you get right down to it it’s technically Nintendo‘s fault As well as his that his console got broken while attempting to let him gain access to it via the modchip, if Nintendo truly doesn’t like that a small minority will bend the rules to use modchips all they need to do is comply and give us the access that we rightfully paid for when we bought the hardware .

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so when you get right down to it it’s technically Nintendo‘s fault As well as his that his console got broken while attempting to let him gain access to it via the modchip, if Nintendo truly doesn’t like that a small minority will bend the rules to use modchips all they need to do is comply and give us the access that we rightfully paid for when we bought the hardware .
Technically, it's the banks fault If I rob them, because why can't they just give us all the money we want this is stupid !!11 /s

I'd be worried tho if I was him, normally these things get checked by Nintendo and if he left his credentials he'll probably have to pay it back maybe. Idk about Walmarts tho. Maybe they dont care.

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Technically, it's the banks fault If I rob them, because why can't they just give us all the money we want this is stupid !!11 /s
If the bank stole your money first and you rob them to get back what was yours I would agree with sarcastic you, otherwise it’s not a fair comparison.

a fairer comparison would be you sell me a house, but when I go to move in I find you never moved out, while you'll let me go into some rooms your holding the keys and are barring access to others and have no intentions of moving out ever, all the while I have no recourse.
the reason companies can get away with this is to many law makers are too out of touch or corrupted by lobbyists to understand and since your average Joe can't withstand the costs of a legal battle war of attrition Nintendo,Sony M$ , Apple and basically every electronics company in the modern era gets away with the crime.

now just because they stole your access wouldn't give you the legal right to break the law to re-claim it but as I stated above I can understand the mentality and agree with it on a moral level despite the laws not catching up to it.

we pay for hardware, it’s supposed to be ours to do with what we please, artificially stealing our legally purchased access is if nothing else immoral, answering immorality with further immorality to offset the initial injustice doesn’t make you the most virtuous but it’s understandable.

it makes sense they can bar a modified console from the online service, that’s theirs they can write whatever terms and conditions they want and if we agree to them when we join it’s like a IRL membership club we’ve agreed to terms.
If we break a contract we agree to we should be able to lose access to there privately owned walled garden.

I'd be worried tho if I was him, normally these things get checked by Nintendo and if he left his credentials he'll probably have to pay it back maybe. Idk about Walmarts tho. Maybe they dont care.
Who knows, the unknown would be one of the main reasons I wouldn’t think of doing it.
I know in the case of Best Buy and Amazon they often sell returned electronics as pallets on auction sites etc. heck one of Best Buy subsidiaries is one of those auction sites.
it’s even spawned a cottage industry of small businesses that buy sell electronics to repair them legitimately as well as YouTube channels that are actually quite fun to watch
But I digress, I know most big box retailers are supposed to dispose of an item or return it to the manufacturer, The reason some sell it as bulk e-waste is it then becomes a new revenue stream rather than throwing it out plus they get the good press of not being the one to throw the item in the landfill if that ends up being its final destination.

none of them are supposed to sell it as open box but we do hear stories of that happening occasionally so policy isn’t always followed, which just adds additional unknowns.

The problem the poster would run into hypothetically is Nintendo would have to be the one that would come after him, technically they would need to get a court order to get the company to release his private information to them even if they took it down because Walmart isn’t supposed to open the console and if it won’t turn on there’s no way for them to verify the serial number any other way .

probably not worth the headache for a lot of people which is why it probably is such a fringe minority that would do such a thing, for every random news story you hear of a fraud ring getting caught there’s probably hundreds of thousands of people that do it as a one off kind of scenario like the OP

Last edited by dude1,
Reactions: Der_Blockbuster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, qbittorrent?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    no I dont torrent
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then whats qbits?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A type of fish
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna do my homework
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    see ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Man steams only downloading 15mbps
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, wdym thats quite fast
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Just upgraded to 1Gbps Internet, it was cheaper than the other company by a few bucks lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol 15mbps is fast
    Ken do I mention that I had 500Mbps and upgraded to 1Gbps and it is only 40 dollars a month?
    But honestly next month will likely be 10 bucks a month.... Dude called his boss and pretty much got a job out of the deal making like 30 bucks an hour.
    They get a 30 dollar discount being an employee lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, how much do you earn
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    After taxes enough for one meth pipe
    +1
    About 4K a month
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, that'll probably double within a year att?
    Well 4K then bonus and stuff lol
    Ken no I will be working for Satan.... Spectrum AKA Comcast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should call att just to see how they can beg me to come back
    +1
    But 10 bucks a month for phone and 1Gbps internet and make like 4K+ a month... I will work for the devil lol
    With that kind of money might get a Pi5 and an Orange Pi lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm hanging up on you if you call me about my bill
    +1
    lol Ken I will be going door to door in Florida fighting off meth addicts lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: lol Ken I will be going door to door in Florida fighting off meth addicts lol