Switch OLED teardown V1/V2

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so say person x finds the nand points.

what would be the installation process
HWFLY already have Space-Craft Nx
Originals your choice if you want to flash Space-Craft Nx or not
Solder flex cable to tegra and plug into chip
Solder nand points from mobo to chip

Power on boot.dat if TX
Power on space craft nx if not TX

Setup accordingly

Horizoncrosser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HWFLY already have Space-Craft Nx
Originals your choice if you want to flash Space-Craft Nx or not
Solder flex cable to tegra and plug into chip
Solder nand points from mobo to chip

Power on boot.dat if TX
Power on space craft nx if not TX

Setup accordingly

what would the differences be between core installation and lite installation

Reactions: HollowGrams

sean222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got my OLED and bought a very expensive HWFLY Core off AliExpress...which will take a month to arrive. Given so much has developed in less than a week, I'm hoping we have some guides in a month! That'll make me a happy camper, as long as I don't botch the very difficult installation.

Horizoncrosser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got my OLED and bought a very expensive HWFLY Core off AliExpress...which will take a month to arrive. Given so much has developed in less than a week, I'm hoping we have some guides in a month! That'll make me a happy camper, as long as I don't botch the very difficult installation.
a month. are you sure i know a seller who does 10 day delivery on their.

Horizoncrosser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oh just looked its changed but for me it would arrive around end of october

sean222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh just looked its changed but for me it would arrive around end of october

It's ok I don't mind waiting for it, also waiting for the community to share really good instructions if they can. This is crucial and we can easily waste ~500USD if we screw up the motherboard and/or the modchip 🙂

MarkSummers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i reckon its gonna be a while before we get them. so far the people who installed them dont want to share anything.
Eh? Anyone thats a novice in boardwork can figure out what the new NAND points are if they have a Switch Lite and a OLED. You just hot air the NAND chips off the boards of both consoles. Run a continuity test between each of the SX Lite's solder points on the Switch Lite and find which ballpoint on the NAND each solder point corresponds to. You'll have 4-5 pins, and probably a ground and a 3.3v power from elsewhere. The NAND pins for both systems should be identical. Then run a continuity test on the OLED's ball points to random spots on the motherboard and find where they come out. Those are the new solder points. Reball the NAND chips back to the Switches. You're done.

This is not hard and it's not like someone is hiding secret information that only some master hackers can decipher.

Reactions: susi91

x021

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We need someone who will actually share what they did to attempt it now. As good as it is seeing all these people installing we need some information from them.
All you have to do is lift the EMMC chip and pin it out. Then install SX / HWFLY chip manually by using something like enamel coated wire etc etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: because he legit gets annoyed when someone says irregardless