Switch OLED teardown V1/V2

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just saw on the chinese video it took him 6 hours to get the chip set up
That's cause hes a noob, nothing wrong with that. Shouldnt be more than 6-8 wires if that. We also have to consider where to cut the alumi heat plate to make this all fit. SInce in the video the fan was not present. Either way it all looks pretty straight forward.

Horizoncrosser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's cause hes a noob, nothing wrong with that. Shouldnt be more than 6-8 wires if that. We also have to consider where to cut the alumi heat plate to make this all fit. SInce in the video the fan was not present.
I reckon if the lite chip is used we could move the main board of the SX chip to make space for the heat plate. But I'm not too sure since he seems to have done it quite messy.

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reckon if the lite chip is used we could move the main board of the SX chip to make space for the heat plate. But I'm not too sure since he seems to have done it quite messy.

Yeah, one chip will def fit better than the other. Guess we have to wait and see or get the hardware ourselves and test.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like someone did try to install the Oled in a regular V1/V2 switch, but the connections are different :'(

Well he didn't have a clue by attempt you mean tried to just plug and play yeah.
Like I said before he had no clue literally was bamboozled by the fact the oled had no power ribbon for back-light.
Well yeah it's oled the pixels individually light up.

The lcd would work if there was a ribbon adapter but touch would be the main issue due to support.
Like how v2 digitizers wouldn't work on v1 boards.

Also the core in oled model would fit fine just remove the efi shielding it provides no real purpose other than being an fcc requirement.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, The V2 Flex cable fits apparently, we just need to find the 4 nand points on the motherboard and on the sx core, so we can connect them. This is because the nand chip is soldered now, just like on the switch lite, so we cannot use the connector on the sx core anymore.

Horizoncrosser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, The V2 Flex cable fits apparently, we just need to find the 4 nand points on the motherboard and on the sx core, so we can connect them. This is because the nand chip is soldered now, just like on the switch lite, so we cannot use the connector on the sx core anymore.
dont we already know the points on the sx core/lite so isnt it just the matter of finding the nand points on the oled.

Reactions: HollowGrams

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on