Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Yea they are seperate partition, Sysnand Emmc is the onboard 64GB, while the Emunand one is on the SD card, you probably got a hidden partition on the SD card. It is nice to have a clean Sysnand for online play and an emunand for pirated stuffs.
That initial part was literaly spoonfed to me so that's why I don't know the terminology very well yet! But yes, at the beginning I remember to have created partitions and stuff like that with some tools from Hekate, iirc.
Post automatically merged:

I just updated OFW aka Stock SYS and it's now on version 15.0.1.

Is there any problem having OFW at 15.0.1 and CFW at 15.0.0 ?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That initial part was literaly spoonfed to me so that's why I don't know the terminology very well yet! But yes, at the beginning I remember to have created partitions and stuff like that with some tools from Hekate, iirc.

I just updated OFW aka Stock SYS and it's now on version 15.0.1.

Is there any problem having OFW at 15.0.1 and CFW at 15.0.0 ?

Yea you are fine of having 15.0.1 OFW, and 15.0.0 CFW, you can update to 15.0.1 if you want for CFW

Edit nevermind I notice Firmware update files not available for 15.0.1

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The terminology still bugs me the hell off. :P
I think my SysNand is still clean. I never used cheats in any game, neither on SysNand nor in EmuNand. Not even any mod, themes, whatever. Only games from shops in EmuNand. In SysNand only legit/purchased games!.

What I'm going to do is:
Download 15.0.0 firmware from the usual site.
Unzip it to a folder in SD card root.
Boot to Atmosphere Fusee EmuMMC
Go to Daybreak and select the folder with the unzipped firmware.
Update from there, using Install (FAT32 + exFAT).

I think this is correct, right?
Then, I can go to Stock SYS, let it connect to N servers and update normally.
Is this correct?
Yes. That’s perfect. :-)

congrats on your upgrade.

make sure you grab the latest Sigpatches for your emunand.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
There was a crack down on hardware modders a while back so there‘s not going to be a list of targets kept here. In a pinch you could take it to a cellphone/electronics repair shop and they could fit the chip for you. It does require some fiddly soldering though and there’s always a risk of damage from technicians unfamiliar with the process. Perhaps one of the modders will reach out to you or you could check out some of the OLED threads.

Thanks a lot for your answer ! I didn't know modders became a taboo subject (i mean more the idea of being removed here) my bad for that x_x

I just hope that yeah i'll find a solution ? I'm not sure if I should send back the 2nd one or just keep it under the hand to enjoy CFW on an OLED with like an ultimate experience in a such beautiful console. I hope i'll have some indications of somebody interested in doing the job, not sure if I could trust random local stores /:

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for your answer ! I didn't know modders became a taboo subject (i mean more the idea of being removed here) my bad for that x_x

I just hope that yeah i'll find a solution ? I'm not sure if I should send back the 2nd one or just keep it under the hand to enjoy CFW on an OLED with like an ultimate experience in a such beautiful console. I hope i'll have some indications of somebody interested in doing the job, not sure if I could trust random local stores /:

There are some people that still does HWFLY install, just that people can't go public about it due to cease and desist order from Nintendo.

Reactions: binkinator

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
There are some people that still does HWFLY install, just that people can't go public about it due to cease and desist order from Nintendo.

I really had no idea that this part even was hit by Nintendo sadly x_x
Could I just ask how much doing an install could cost ?
Thanks again \o/

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, i recently used sys clock overclocking tool to be able to overclock to higher frequences.

https://github.com/KazushiMe/Switch-OC-Suite/

But ever since i only get 2 options for ram overclocking. "1600mhz" and "Maximum". Anyone knows how to set more options?
Like 1331mhz 18..mhz and so on.

THX
Switch-OC Suite only gives you two options, maximum which runs ram at the max speed of the ram patch you apply and 1600mhz. I believe there's no way to add anymore to it. Running ram at a higher value barely impacts battery life or power draw so I wouldn't worry about not having access to the lower ram clocks.

Reactions: Tayfunx3

sl3ge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi,
May i know how where to download the switch monitor overlay which only show temperature and fps? (in mini mode)

The one i am using now show alot info, and is blocking the screen.

The aurthur say can compile ourselve, but i dont know how to compile the source code.

Thanks

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah…without the long delays of SXOS releases it’s not really that necessary anymore though, what with everyone migrating to Atmosphere and releases/patches all following within a day for the past few releases.

you may want to consider an emunand instead of running on your Sysnand but that’s probably not that big of a deal since your (S)ysnand has already been used with Tinfoil and stuff. Please make sure you do a Sysnand backup. Your future self will thank you.
I always take a backup before trying playing with tickets or anything like that just in case. Can never be too safe 😅

It may well have been you that suggested using emunand last time too. If I can do it on the sysnand that would be better. Probably just means I need to remove the save as well since saves made in updated games probably don't work if the update is deleted.

Aslo just read on the previous page about the clean Sysnand and 'dirty' emunand idea. That's a fantastic idea! Though a little late for me...

Is it possible to do the other way round? Have a clean emunand for online play? Or a way to remove all existing evidence of fakesigned installs on the switch by removing all tickets... Or?

Cheers!

Last edited by MikeyTaylorGaming,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
May i know how where to download the switch monitor overlay which only show temperature and fps? (in mini mode)

The one i am using now show alot info, and is blocking the screen.

The aurthur say can compile ourselve, but i dont know how to compile the source code.

Thanks

Did you see a version that had just Temp and FPS or are you requesting somebody hack one together? I’ve only see the 3 mode version.
I always take a backup before trying playing with tickets or anything like that just in case. Can never be too safe 😅

It may well have been you that suggested using emunand last time too. If I can do it on the sysnand that would be better. Probably just means I need to remove the save as well since saves made in updated games probably don't work if the update is deleted.

Aslo just read on the previous page about the clean Sysnand and 'dirty' emunand idea. That's a fantastic idea! Though a little late for me...

Is it possible to do the other way round? Have a clean emunand for online play? Or a way to remove all existing evidence of fakesigned installs on the switch by removing all tickets... Or?

Cheers!
Good deal. Backups are boring but crucial.

yeah, it was probably me ranting about emunand before. I forget who I’ve told what some times. :-)

Youre right, once you’ve started making changes to yiur Sysnand and have gone online it’s less advantageous to run an emunand. It’s still good protection should something go wrong during day to day usage.

it’s technically possible to go the other way around but making a clean emunand starts by having a clean Sysnand. You won’t have that after you’ve installed Tinfoil or any NSP (even legit homebrew nsp).

There is hakku33 available that makes an attempt to clean things and there is anecdotal evidence that it works but IMO once your Sysnand is dirty your risk factor has already gone up and can only be minimized and not eliminated.

https://github.com/StarDustCFW/Haku33

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: MikeyTaylorGaming

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you see a version that had just Temp and FPS or are you requesting somebody hack one together? I’ve only see the 3 mode version.

yeah, it was probably me ranting about emunand before. I forget who I’ve told what some times. :-)

Youre right, once you’ve started making changes to yiur Sysnand and have gone online it’s less advantageous to run an emunand. It’s still good protection should something go wrong during day to day usage.

it’s technically possible to go the other way around but making a clean emunand starts by having a clean Sysnand. You won’t have that after you’ve installed Tinfoil or any NSP (even legit homebrew nsp). There is hakku33 available that makes an attempt to clean things and there is anecdotal evidence that it works but IMO once your Sysnand is dirty your risk factor has already gone up and can only be minimized and not eliminated.
Ah crap yeah I don't know what I was thinking asking that... Of course you need a clean sysnand to make a clean emunand, duh 😂

You've been a great help the past couple of days, thanks for that. Great community member to have around!

Will take a look at Haku33 but don't think I've got much of a necessity for it anyway so, probably not ahaha

Reactions: binkinator

sl3ge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

it’s technically possible to go the other way around but making a clean emunand starts by having a clean Sysnand. You won’t have that after you’ve installed Tinfoil or any NSP (even legit homebrew nsp).

There is hakku33 available that makes an attempt to clean things and there is anecdotal evidence that it works but IMO once your Sysnand is dirty your risk factor has already gone up and can only be minimized and not eliminated.

https://github.com/StarDustCFW/Haku33

I saw a youtube video only show fps. (and i dont know how he do that)
And i wish to add another display which is temperature.
Do u know how to do it?

Bas_Boswachter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, This is my first post on the forum so I hope it is okay if I immediately start asking questions. I have a problem and can't use my Switch at the moment. I have hacked it before and it worked fine using the guides everywhere on the internet. Just for the last months I had no time to play so the battery ran out and I had to reboot. Because of this I also updated hekate, atmosphere, fusee and the sigpatches. But the problem now is my EmuMMC won't boot. It will stay stuck on the nintendo switch logo. Booting in the CFW SysNAND and stock SysNAND work fine. However all my games and saves are installed on the EmuMMC. Is there any whay to fix this? I tried intalling the latest HATS pack without succes, booting fusee.bin from the payloads tab in Hekate doesn't work as well.

Do you have any other tips I can try? Or do I need to copy the text of some .ini files/make some picture?

Thank you so much in advance

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw a youtube video only show fps. (and i dont know how he do that)
And i wish to add another display which is temperature.
Do u know how to do it?
Yes, you need to install the NX-FPS module to get that option.

https://github.com/masagrator/NX-FPS

Hi, This is my first post on the forum so I hope it is okay if I immediately start asking questions. I have a problem and can't use my Switch at the moment. I have hacked it before and it worked fine using the guides everywhere on the internet. Just for the last months I had no time to play so the battery ran out and I had to reboot. Because of this I also updated hekate, atmosphere, fusee and the sigpatches. But the problem now is my EmuMMC won't boot. It will stay stuck on the nintendo switch logo. Booting in the CFW SysNAND and stock SysNAND work fine. However all my games and saves are installed on the EmuMMC. Is there any whay to fix this? I tried intalling the latest HATS pack without succes, booting fusee.bin from the payloads tab in Hekate doesn't work as well.

Do you have any other tips I can try? Or do I need to copy the text of some .ini files/make some picture?

Thank you so much in advance
try moving/renaming your /atmosphere/contents folder to /atmosphere/contents.bk and reboot to see if that fixes things.

If it does, you have a sys-module that's not compatible with latest fw/atmos and you will have to test them one at a time by creating a new /atmosphere/contents folder and moving the /atmosphere/contents.bk files over in small batches while paying close attention to which batch you move over causes your boot to freeze again.

e: also make sure you downloaded the matching fusee.bin file from the Atmosphere release page and placed it in /bootloader/payloads/

if neither of these work, please post your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file here.

Last edited by binkinator,

Bas_Boswachter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
try moving/renaming your /atmosphere/contents folder to /atmosphere/contents.bk and reboot to see if that fixes things.

If it does, you have a sys-module that's not compatible with latest fw/atmos and you will have to test them one at a time by creating a new /atmosphere/contents folder and moving the /atmosphere/contents.bk files over in small batches while paying close attention to which batch you move over causes your boot to freeze again.

e: also make sure you downloaded the matching fusee.bin file from the Atmosphere release page and placed it in /bootloader/payloads/

if neither of these work, please post your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file here.
Thanks for your fast reply. Renaming to contents.bk unfortunately does not work. This is my .ini file:

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
verification=1
backlight=100
autohosoff=2
autonogc=0
updater2p=1

{--- Custom Firmware ---}
[CFW (SYSNAND)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sysnand.bmp
{}

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/emummc.bmp
{}

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your fast reply. Renaming to contents.bk unfortunately does not work. This is my .ini file:

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
verification=1
backlight=100
autohosoff=2
autonogc=0
updater2p=1

{--- Custom Firmware ---}
[CFW (SYSNAND)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sysnand.bmp
{}

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/emummc.bmp
{}
Ok, you’re using package3 vs fusee.bin payload so that won’t help either.

Lets do this, temporarily move your current directories out of the way by doing the same .bk dance for /atmosphere and /bootloader and then unzip a fresh copy of Atmosphere.x.x.x.zip and Hekate.x.x.x.zip to the root of your SDCard. Make a copy of your /bootloader.bk/hekate_ipl.ini file and put it in your new /bootloader/ directory and reboot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.