Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Bas_Boswachter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Allright, I still doesn't work but we're getting a bit further. Now when I want to boot EmuMMC i get a black screen with a sideways error message saying:

Failed to apply 'nosigchk'!

*edit* and when I press 'power' to continue it says

Failed to launch HOS!

after that it returns to Hekate

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm used to hacking other consoles, such as my Vita, PS4, PS3 and Wii/WiiU. I've not made the jump to hacking my unpatched launch switch yet. I plan to do it, I've read up on guides and I generally know all of the 'basic stuff' but there's a few things that haven't been cleared up in all of these FAQs. So if anyone kind enough would be willing to answer them? I'm a quick study so even a good google link that I might've missed should give me what I need.

• How do I update the firmware on the Switch's EmuNAND after making one? Is it as simple as going to the normal unhacked portion and updating, or does it need to be updated separately. Also, how does updating work if I'm unlucky to get banned?
  • What is the real risk of getting Banned nowadays, if i'm using an EMUnand, Exosphere to block Ninty Servers and such?
  • How do all of the different formats work? There's XCI (Cart dumps I'm aware) and NSP (similar to Digital downloads?) but there's stuff like NSZs and stuff too. Which is the preferred one to install on a hacked switch?
  • What are all of the extra apps that are absolutely essential to have nowadays?
  • I've heard the term Sigpatches referring to playing 'backup' games. Can this be explained a bit?
  • You use the homebrew app Daybreak
  • As long as you never go online with CFW or homebrew, you won't get banned
  • The differences between the formats are negligible with Atmosphere since you will end up installing them. The ones that end in Z are more compressed formats that save space on your computer
  • There is no definitive list of extra apps that are essential nowadays
  • There are no such thing as 'sigpatches'. What you are thinking of are the ES, FS, and Loader patches. These are needed to install and launch backups. Those can be downloaded here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Allright, I still doesn't work but we're getting a bit further. Now when I want to boot EmuMMC i get a black screen with a sideways error message saying:

Failed to apply 'nosigchk'!

*edit* and when I press 'power' to continue it says

Failed to launch HOS!

after that it returns to Hekate
My bad. You need to add Sigpatches to the new directories.

here you go…

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

…just unzip these to the root of your SDCard/

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, however it unfortunately didn't work, it is back to being stuck on the Nintendo Switch logo
Remember the fusee.bin thing I was blathering about? Let’s try it.

modify your copy of (the new) /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file…

change this stanza:

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/emummc.bmp
{}

to read like so:

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/emummc.bmp
{}

(We’re just changing the entire second line from an fss0 entry to a payload entry)

finally, download a copy fusee.bin from the Atmosphere GitHub release page and place it in /bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin

…reboot

Bas_Boswachter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, however no succes :( Does it matter how I launch from Hekate?
From the tab 'launch', from 'more configs', from 'payloads. I feel like I tried them all but nog sure if it can make a difference

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, however no succes :( Does it matter how I launch from Hekate?
From the tab 'launch', from 'more configs', from 'payloads. I feel like I tried them all but nog sure if it can make a difference
You need to be launching from the Launch button.

Specifically choosing the CFW (EMUMMC) entry.

e: go into Hekate and tap emuMMC instead of Launch and look at your emummc entry. Does your say enabled like mine?

image.jpg

coglifrutto

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello to all. I'm trying to buy a switch. The console was previously modded with firmware 13.0, then fornatted and upgraded to 15.0.1. Is still moddable or with the upgrade Is not more possibile mod It ? I can't try, the console Is not mine, i'm tryng to buy It, but not sure if it Is still moddable. Can you help me ?

Bas_Boswachter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You need to be launching from the Launch button.

Specifically choosing the CFW (EMUMMC) entry.

e: go into Hekate and tap emuMMC instead of Launch and look at your emummc entry. Does your say enabled like mine?

View attachment 335896

Yes, these are the options I havem and emuMMC is enabled

Attachments

• IMG_20221105_173036.jpg
    IMG_20221105_173036.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20221105_173051.jpg
    IMG_20221105_173051.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20221105_173100.jpg
    IMG_20221105_173100.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20221105_173107.jpg
    IMG_20221105_173107.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 38

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to all. I'm trying to buy a switch. The console was previously modded with firmware 13.0, then fornatted and upgraded to 15.0.1. Is still moddable or with the upgrade Is not more possibile mod It ? I can't try, the console Is not mine, i'm tryng to buy It, but not sure if it Is still moddable. Can you help me ?
Firmware is irrelevant with the current exploit. What matters is if the hardware is unpatched which can be determined with a number of different ways. If it was manufactured before June 2018, there is a good chance its unpatched. You can also check the serial number using this thread. Ultimately, you can try using the exploit by sending a payload and if it works, the console is definitely unpatched.

Reactions: binkinator

coglifrutto

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Firmware is irrelevant with the current exploit. What matters is if the hardware is unpatched which can be determined with a number of different ways. If it was manufactured before June 2018, there is a good chance its unpatched. You can also check the serial number using this. Ultimately, you can try using the exploit by sending a payload and if it works, the console is definitely unpatched.
Many thanks, the switch was already modded, then fornatted and upgraded, the serial was in the "Orange" label, but It was already modified before, so based on your answer, the console Is still "workable", correct ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many thanks, the switch was already modded, then fornatted and upgraded, the serial was in the "Orange" label, but It was already modified before, so based on your answer, the console Is still "workable", correct ?
Yes because updating the firmware won't change the hardware of the console. The only way the hardware would get updated is if it was sent to Nintendo.

• Love

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, these are the options I havem and emuMMC is enabled
So far everything is looking great…except for the actual booting part.

Inside of emummc tap Migrate emuMMC

In the pop up select Fix RAW

You will be asked if you want to repair it, click Continue.

It will tell you the configuration was saved to the SDCard so just click OK.

Hit Close and then go to Launch and select CFW (EMUMMC)

if this doesn’t work we’re going to have to backup you current emummc and make a new one from your SysMMC.

Do you have at least 30G of space available on your SDCard?

Bas_Boswachter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So far everything is looking great…except for the actual booting part.

Inside of emummc tap Migrate emuMMC

In the pop up select Fix RAW

You will be asked if you want to repair it, click Continue.

It will tell you the configuration was saved to the SDCard so just click OK.

Hit Close and then go to Launch and select CFW (EMUMMC)

if this doesn’t work we’re going to have to backup you current emummc and make a new one from your SysMMC.

Do you have at least 30G of space available on your SDCard?
Thanks again! However also this time no succes. Will creating a new one delete all the previously installed games/saves? (if so it isn't a huge problem since I lost them now as well)

Yes I have 44G out of 209G available

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again! However also this time no succes. Will creating a new one delete all the previously installed games/saves? (if so it isn't a huge problem since I lost them now as well)

Yes I have 44G out of 209G available

Since you have the disk space and this is just a temporary test we can create a Files based emunand this time. You will be able to swap back to your old emunand once we figure this out and it will be untouched. You saves are likely still in your emunand. I wrote a tutorial on how to extract them out but hopefully we won’t need it. Let’s go into Hekate under the Emmc section and create a Files based (NOT Partition based) emunand.

Bas_Boswachter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since you have the disk space and this is just a temporary test we can create a Files based emunand this time. You will be able to swap back to your old emunand once we figure this out and it will be untouched. You saves are likely still in your emunand. I wrote a tutorial on how to extract them out but hopefully we won’t need it. Let’s go into Hekate under the Emmc section and create a Files based (NOT Partition based) emunand.
allrighty, done! I made the file based emunand. We'll see about the save games later. What should I do next?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
allrighty, done! I made the file based emunand. We'll see about the save games later. What should I do next?
Correct. We can adress the saves afterwards.

After you created a new Files based Emunand you can go back into emuMMC and select Change emuMMC and swap back and forth between our preferred Partition based emunand and our temporary Files based emunand. Go ahead and make the switch and let’s reboot to hopefully a brand new System.

Bas_Boswachter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Correct. We can adress the saves afterwards.

After you created a new Files based Emunand you can go back into emuMMC and select Change emuMMC and swap back and forth between our preferred Partition based emunand and our temporary Files based emunand. Go ahead and make the switch and let’s reboot to hopefully a brand new System.
Succes! We're getting there. Booting in EmuMMC is working! Now just to find the problem with the preferred one and see if the installed games will come back :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.