Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After installed atmosphere when I try to install tinfoil it does a verify and then says to that there can be an update and check in settings. I Installed also some games with awoo but I can't launch them infatti my switch gives my the same error

Do you have latest Sigpatches from here?
Sigpatches (GBATemp) — alternative Sigpatches for when others don’t seem to work.

Try installing Othello.nsp with Tinwoo.

Installers​

• Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.

Are you installing latest tinfoil.nro self installer from tinfoil.io (see link above)

phazer

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Just updated my Switch to:
  • hekate to v5.9.0,
  • Atmosphère 1.4.0
  • Switch Firmware 15 (installed using Daybreak)
Now I am facing the following problem. Launching a software from SD results in checking the content and that results in error code 2016-0610.

What can I do?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just updated my Switch to:
  • hekate to v5.9.0,
  • Atmosphère 1.4.0
  • Switch Firmware 15 (installed using Daybreak)
Now I am facing the following problem. Launching a software from SD results in checking the content and that results in error code 2016-0610.

What can I do?

Did you update your sigpatches?

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — alternative Sigpatches for when others don’t seem to work.

Possible corruption of your SDCard. Are you formatted on exfat or fat32?

Reactions: phazer

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can have multiple partitions, so multiple NANDs in a single SD card, you can use the same one from your system nand, the card will have multiple partitions so there is no problem. I'm not 100% sure but I think every partition will take 32gb of space from your SD, so size may be a issue for smaller SDs.

If you need a guide for doing that always go with written guides, as those are updatable and videos are not. Some details that do matter change over the time.
Of course, I only ever follow written guides anyway. I know how outdated video guides can get, and quickly!

I have a 256GB Micro SD, but it's full. I'd much rather keep that as is and use a separate one for EmuNAND. Is that possible to do? I will look into using EmuNAND but since there are people actively using it I feel like asking the questions will prepare me for what's to come ahaha

How do you boot into EmuNAND after creating one? Is there a special method such as launching something from the Homebrew Launcher? I do feel like it should be possible to just use a separate SD for it anyways so info appreciated!

phazer

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda

No, I did not update sigpatches.
SDCard was formatted with FAT32 but in Daybreak I choose 'Install FAT32 + exFAT' driver variant.
Post automatically merged:

You make my day!!! Thanks tons.

Last edited by phazer,
  • Love
Reactions: binkinator

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Of course, I only ever follow written guides anyway. I know how outdated video guides can get, and quickly!

I have a 256GB Micro SD, but it's full. I'd much rather keep that as is and use a separate one for EmuNAND. Is that possible to do? I will look into using EmuNAND but since there are people actively using it I feel like asking the questions will prepare me for what's to come ahaha

How do you boot into EmuNAND after creating one? Is there a special method such as launching something from the Homebrew Launcher? I do feel like it should be possible to just use a separate SD for it anyways so info appreciated!
You can use multiple SDs no problem. I don't do that because the spring of sd slot sucks, and the stand is even worse. Also, you kinda will have double the trouble to set everything up.
About your other question, you boot using Hekate, there you will see all your nands on screen and will choose.

(I'm assuming you already can boot on atmosphere)

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use multiple SDs no problem. I don't do that because the spring of sd slot sucks, and the stand is even worse. Also, you kinda will have double the trouble to set everything up.
About your other question, you boot using Hekate, there you will see all your nands on screen and will choose.

Once folks see how fragile and finicky that SDCard reader is, they should never want to touch their SDCard again.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Well, the SD wouldn't be swapped around all that often as it's very rare for me to cover switch games since I'm not sure which games I have and haven't updated :mellow: It'll spend most of it's time on regular NAND, but I expect I'll just need an SD with the EmuNAND on it, then just boot that NAND through Hekate as you mentioned, no?

I can indeed boot on atmosphere, I always use Fusee.bin payload to boot my switch but there's plenty of guides to boot other payloads on the forum isn't there. Can't remember if it requires payload files on the SD card or if you just inject the payload through Tegra though now, it's been a long while since I've played with Payloads :rofl:

mprytoluk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm new to the switch scene, but I'm used to mods, and have a jailbroken PS4.
I've been wanting a jailbroken switch for quite some time now, and finally decided on buying one.
I have two main options, and I can't decide. Could you help me?
1 - An used unpatched switch v1 from a friend. I could buy it for a fair price, and soft mod it.
2 - A new switch v2 with Hwfly installed. I've found a supplier who install hwfly on new consoles.
I could afford the extra cash to buy a new one, for the extra battery and the hard mod, but I'm not sure it's worth it...
Reading the specs, the hwfly chip seems basically better, since you don't need the dongle.
Imagining one new to the scene (but tech savy), presented with these 2 options, what would you recommend?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to the switch scene, but I'm used to mods, and have a jailbroken PS4.
I've been wanting a jailbroken switch for quite some time now, and finally decided on buying one.
I have two main options, and I can't decide. Could you help me?
1 - An used unpatched switch v1 from a friend. I could buy it for a fair price, and soft mod it.
2 - A new switch v2 with Hwfly installed. I've found a supplier who install hwfly on new consoles.
I could afford the extra cash to buy a new one, for the extra battery and the hard mod, but I'm not sure it's worth it...
Reading the specs, the hwfly chip seems basically better, since you don't need the dongle.
Imagining one new to the scene (but tech savy), presented with these 2 options, what would you recommend?

V2 have slightly better battery life than V1, as for the hack goes, you need HWFLY for V2 unit, as for V1 unit it can be done without hard modding. If booting without a dongle is more convenient for you then go with v2 unit.

mprytoluk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
V2 have slightly better battery life than V1, as for the hack goes, you need HWFLY for V2 unit, as for V1 unit it can be done without hard modding. If booting without a dongle is more convenient for you then go with v2 unit.
thank you for your reply. is there any advantage of the V1 hack, besides not needing to open the console?

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
thank you for your reply. is there any advantage of the V1 hack, besides not needing to open the console?
another advantage older softmodable consoles have is that it can boot more stuff. The notable example is retropie. That may or may not be important for you, so judge based on how you will use the thing.

Reactions: SylverReZ

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, V2 can't do L4T or Android (but that's scheduled to change....soon.)
The reason the V2 has "a better battery" is the more efficient processor. The battery is the same in both.
Also, V1 is not as good for Overclocking.

lexluth0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all I receive this error when I try to install any game to my sd card.. I can install games to the system storage just fine with no errors, data transfer on my 512 gb card is extremely slow no matter if it’s exfat or fat32. The sd is card is real I bought it from Best Buy. Could my issue be the sd card it self or the sd card reader?

Attachments

• E7D5F7B2-1EC8-4138-9F25-61C8C80D51F9.jpeg
    E7D5F7B2-1EC8-4138-9F25-61C8C80D51F9.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all I receive this error when I try to install any game to my sd card.. I can install games to the system storage just fine with no errors, data transfer on my 512 gb card is extremely slow no matter if it’s exfat or fat32. The sd is card is real I bought it from Best Buy. Could my issue be the sd card it self or the sd card reader?

Test the card empty with h2testw

raphzthename

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a silly question, but is it possible to delete a user on EmuNAND? Or do I need to boot to SysNAND first and then recreate my EmuNAND?

I get an error when I tried:

Code:
Error Code: 2155-8007

An error has occurred.

Please try again later.

If the problem persists, please try performing a system update from (System Settings) => System on the HOME Menu.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a silly question, but is it possible to delete a user on EmuNAND? Or do I need to boot to SysNAND first and then recreate my EmuNAND?

Code:

An error has occurred.

Please try again later.

If the problem persists, please try performing a system update from (System Settings) => System on the HOME Menu.

That error is because your trying to reach out to Ninty and can’t (this is good.)

Try this:

adding another user
download linkalho
unlink all users with Linkalho
delete the other user
link the new user using Linkalho

https://github.com/rdmrocha/linkalho

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Code:

An error has occurred.

Please try again later.

U have to remake emunand as deleting a user needs Nintendo servers to authentic the removal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1