XP
Country
United States

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello friends, to see if someone can help me, when I install a game with Tinfoil I always get the same error "failed to install application record"
"Failed to push application record, 24bytes, result:022A2200"
I highly recommend using TinWoo Installer instead. Its what I personally use and never have any issues while using it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried everything and messed up with my sd card. Can someone tell me how to delete everything completely to install cfw again
Assuming the CFW you're using is Atmosphere, all of its files are in the aptly named /atmosphere folder. If you also want to remove any homebrew applications you may have downloaded, those are located in the /switch folder.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi ! So, can i update my game normally or is there another way to do it. For more precision, i dont have tinfold, i have a emunand theme and mods and i dont want to install game for free.
I am new in homebrew so i'm not sure of what to do.
You can pirate the update online then install it with your favorite title installer of choice.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys,

what are your thoughts about the hwfly clones. if you have been using one, how reliable is it?
Since clones come from various vendors and have different versions that are not necessarily marketed the same way it‘s a tough question. You are talking about something very grey market. There’s no governing body. It‘s similar to asking how good a particular street drug is in a certain country. Depends. Welcome to the grey market. Do or do not. It is your choice to make.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
issues but i'm certainly still using reverseNX for miitopia either way because it makes a lot of the game's content run 100% better lol.
Uhm... what? I played Miitopia myself, I don't get what your issues are to have to use ReverseNX for it?????

tried to ruin h2testw, says it can't fully test my card beacuse there are two partitions on it.
for now, backing it up with HDD Raw copy tool
Well that's because you had a partition-based emuNAND duh.
All in all I suggest to just backup the savedata from the NAND, whether with JKSV while it's booted or with NxNandManager (from a backup or if you mount the NAND in hekate) and then make a new emuNAND on the new card/setup.

I have tried everything and messed up with my sd card. Can someone tell me how to delete everything completely to install cfw again
Pick a guide from here https://rentry.org/CFWGuides that corresponds to your Switch model.

I got a steam deck and a little doohicky so I can put my Switch in recovery mode and mod it. With the goal being to rip my Switch stuff and move it to the steam deck. But before I go through all of that I wanted to ask a quick question.. is the data on the Switch's sd card already in a format I can use? Or do I have to mod my Switch first?

My biggest worry about modding my Switch is losing access to the nintendo store where I've bought a bunch of games already
The format of your games won't be usuable, dump the titles with https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/nxdumptool/ (needs keys dumped with https://github.com/shchmue/Lockpick_RCM).
If you protect yourself against Nintendo's wrath your console won't be banned, online accounts rarely are banned in the first place (mostly for cheating online or using fake bank data for purchases), refer to this guide https://rentry.org/AvoidSwitchBan

Casual

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question regarding oled modded switch.
I got mines modded a few days ago everything was going well. However it shut down when I was playing it docked and did not want to reopen tried all the methods for turning it back on. Would get a led light on the dock when I would put it on there but went away quickly.

The person who modded my switch said that the chip is ok its just that the eMMC died. How much should repair costs for an eMMC be? I looked up here and it seems I would have to buy a new eMMC or is there a way for me to have switch working even with that faulty eMMC?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question regarding oled modded switch.
I got mines modded a few days ago everything was going well. However it shut down when I was playing it docked and did not want to reopen tried all the methods for turning it back on. Would get a led light on the dock when I would put it on there but went away quickly.

The person who modded my switch said that the chip is ok its just that the eMMC died. How much should repair costs for an eMMC be? I looked up here and it seems I would have to buy a new eMMC or is there a way for me to have switch working even with that faulty eMMC?
That would be…odd. The eMMC is solid state. It could go bad, but not likely. If it is shot you won’t be able to get your prodinfo which is unique to your switch, effectively banning you from Nintendo services. I would get a second opinion.

Reactions: Casual

Casual

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That would be…odd. The eMMC is solid state. It could go bad, but not likely. If it is shot you won’t be able to get your prodinfo which is unique to your switch, effectively banning you from Nintendo services. I would get a second opinion.
Yeah I probably will because they are saying there is no visible short, and it could be relation to the mod they just aren’t sure.

I mean everything was fine and dandy and it just shut off while playing a switch game. Only thing that may be a fault is maybe NXtheme and the theme I had. Which I’ll try to delete off the sd when I get my switch back. I also put on snes roms on the sd card using windows parallel on my macbook. However I was playing snes games fine with no issues that day. I found someone for a second opinion but they said it would cost 300$ for a fix after I send it to them so they can evaluate it, and since I just paid for a mod I don’t want to pay more right away.

Last edited by Casual,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I probably will because they are saying there is no visible short, and it could be relation to the mod they just aren’t sure.

I mean everything was fine and dandy and it just shut off while playing a switch game. Only thing that may be a fault is maybe NXtheme and the theme I had. Which I’ll try to delete off the sd when I get my switch back. I also put on snes roms on the sd card using windows parallel on my macbook. However I was playing snes games fine with no issues that day. I found someone for a second opinion but they said it would cost 300$ for a fix after I send it to them so they can evaluate it, and since I just paid for a mod I don’t want to pay more right away.
Themes won’t cause it to not boot at all. It will cause it to boot and stall after the Nintendo logo. If you do end up having to replace the eMMC there are donor images and ways of recreating from scratch but these methods are not able to go Online.

Casual

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Themes won’t cause it to not boot at all. It will cause it to boot and stall after the Nintendo logo. If you do end up having to replace the eMMC there are donor images and ways of recreating from scratch but these methods are not able to go Online.
Thanks so hopefully its another issue. However in the event that it is. I bought my switch like back in December, so its still under warranty with Nintendo could I possibly still get it repaired by them if the modchip were to be removed from the switch?

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so hopefully its another issue. However in the event that it is. I bought my switch like back in December, so its still under warranty with Nintendo could I possibly still get it repaired by them if the modchip were to be removed from the switch?
Worst they can say is “no“ and send it back.

Casual

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Worst they can say is “no“ and send it back.
Alright. I think I’ll just pay off the more experienced modder for him to fix my switch if its only 300$. Cuz I would have to get the first modder to remove the chip and I don’t want to go through that hassle with them… I already put my switch games up for sale and that was supposed to make up for my initial mod. So at the end I’ll have paid the money for the chip and install.

• Sad
Reactions: binkinator

Lavaimp

☆ミ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Uhm... what? I played Miitopia myself, I don't get what your issues are to have to use ReverseNX for it?????
my switch (in docked mode) lagged during ALL cutscenes on outings especially! :(
oddly, when i put reversenx to handheld while docked for it, i did not have that problem at all!
That's ultimately what I meant xD

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I guess that relates to your other problems, because I never experienced lags in docked mode, didn't use sys-clk aswell, quite the opposite it worked really well and in handheld mode I sometimes had framedrops but really rarely to be honest, all in all (as all Nintendo titles) it ran very smooth.
Emulating the original with Citra on my Switch however was laggy without cached shaders buuuuuut that's unrelated off-topic.

erk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanting to get a second SD going with emunand atmosphere, currently on SX OS. Is it an issue for my SX card to be exfat and the other SD to be FAT32? Also curious about the Choi update issue, I’ve used it to update firmware several times.

Uzuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi, I just bought me a OLED Switch with HWFLY chip and atmoshpere installed (Emunand). I'm wondering if I use system transfer from my OFW V2 switch to my OLED's ofw sysnand, would there be a problem? Thanks in advance.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanting to get a second SD going with emunand atmosphere, currently on SX OS. Is it an issue for my SX card to be exfat and the other SD to be FAT32? Also curious about the Choi update issue, I’ve used it to update firmware several times.
It wouldn't be an issue if you used SX OS on the exFAT SD card before but I would advise you to stay away from exFAT and reformat the SD card to FAT32. The reason being exFAT is known to cause SD card corruption so its only a matter of time before your SD card corrupts.
Hi, I just bought me a OLED Switch with HWFLY chip and atmoshpere installed (Emunand). I'm wondering if I use system transfer from my OFW V2 switch to my OLED's ofw sysnand, would there be a problem? Thanks in advance.
There aren't any issues that come to my mind off the top of my head.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.