Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

zenonian

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
any know how to instal edizon? , because i faced problem that i pit all the edizon + tesla overlay but the app won't show up on hbmenu only the folder and no app it says no data in sdcard detected..

zenonian

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
anyone know how to instal edizon? , because i faced problem that i pit all the edizon + tesla overlay but the app won't show up on hbmenu only the folder and no app it says no data in sdcard detected.. its like my switch not detected .nro files. i use latest atmosphere

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys,i have a question:if a Switch is banned,is possible update firmware directly from the console or not?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,i have a question:if a Switch is banned,is possible update firmware directly from the console or not?
Pretty sure you cannot but doesn't hurt to try. Some people report that firmware updates still work.

E: Daybreak will still work regardless.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
anyone know how to instal edizon? , because i faced problem that i pit all the edizon + tesla overlay but the app won't show up on hbmenu only the folder and no app it says no data in sdcard detected.. its like my switch not detected .nro files. i use latest atmosphere
@zenonian ,download Eizon SE directly from HBapp.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I add exFat drivers to the emunand partition on an SD Card? Is there a way to edit an emunand partition on PC and adding the exFat Driver with NxNandManager or hacdiskmount or anything else?
I have a friend that updated his emunand via DayBreak and asked me if he should install fat32 or fat32+exfat, I thought that his SD Card was fat32 because it's the recommended format. Hence, I told him to install either of them and he installed fat32 but now when loading Atmosphere it obviously says "SD Card is exFAT but installed HOS driver only supports FAT32!" because his SD Card has an exFat partition. I thought about copying all files on the exFat partition to a PC, formating only the exFat partition to Fat32 with a partition manager (I typically use Minitool Partition Wizard or EaseUS), pasting all files back, and done, but I'm not too sure if the emunand partition wouldn't get corrupted while doing that, maybe partition manager programs touch something that Atmosphere doesn't like and it doesn't work anymore. I told him to make a backup of his current emunand before doing any type of formating. The thing is, he uses a 400gb SD Card and its taking a long time, I'm worried about files getting corrupted with all that transferring from the SD Card to a PC Drive and vice-versa too. So I would like to just add the exFat driver to the emunand via PC or Hekate because I can't enter DayBreak without accessing Horizon OS that doesn't load because he's using an exFat partition. Maybe we should format from exFat to Fat32 on Hekate? I read somewhere that Horizon has a partition manager built in, maybe that's safer to use.
Relax. It‘s going to be OK. You’re making the right choice to backup everything to PC, including the exfat partition and the emunand. Once you have everything safe the next step is to format just the exfat partition using the tool of your choice to FAT32. It will not wipe the hidden emunand partition. Once formatted to fat32 you can copy the data back over and you’ll be better than where you started because fat32 drivers are better that the exfat drivers Nintendo used…especially if you’re going to be running homebrew that writes to disk.

e: in the event the emunand was files based and you only have one big partition…the backup of all the files on exfat will capture the files based emunand as well so you’re still covered.

Reactions: Chuardo

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, while doing backup i got several errors.
I guess my SD card is going to trash then.
That’s not good. If you can’t do basic file system things without errors the card is definitely bad and needs to be replaced asap. Additional troubleshooting is a waste of time if the sd card is bad.

Reactions: GravityLoL

GravityLoL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That’s not good. If you can’t do basic file system things without errors the card is definitely bad and needs to be replaced asap. Additional troubleshooting is a waste of time if the sd card is bad.
just to make things clear - i managed to backup sysnad using nxNandManager and i backed up whole card manually using pc. should i try to do something through hekate or should i drop it and order a new card ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks. one more question. I accidentally downloaded a bought dlc to my sdcard (emunand). Is it.. safe, is it possible that I would get flagged because of it? should I transfer the dlc to my internal? my sdcard has 3.7 gigs left because of it too.
If you mean you went online with your emuMMC which is where you normally launch CFW and homebrew, then yes it is safe to assume that you've been flagged. If you just meant that you installed it to your emuMMC via an offline .NSP file, then you're fine. Regardless, you can transfer the files to your internal storage if you want to free up some space on your SD card.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just to make things clear - i managed to backup sysnad using nxNandManager and i backed up whole card manually using pc. should i try to do something through hekate or should i drop it and order a new card ?
Order a new card. If you’re seeing errors during backup it’s very likely your backups aren’t good.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daaaaang...i have backups from 13.1 when i first did it, irrc, i guess i'm forced few months back, huh?
You have nothing to lose by trying current but it will likely lead to frustrating troubleshooting due to misleading errors.

Sveeno

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! I have no clue what is happening with my Switch and CFW. I originally hacked my switch in April of this year, it was fine for about 2 months and then the CFW side started to get really sluggish and eventually stopped booting into Atmosphere. So I decided to re-hack the switch in mid June and everything was fine!

Or so I thought, because now the Switch is doing the same thing. CFW is extremely slow (took 4 minutes to launch Smash Bros Ultimate installed on my SD Card). I turned off the switch, tried to reboot into Atmosphere and it got hung up on the Nintendo Switch boot logo screen for 10 minutes before hitting a black screen and not booting into Atmosphere.

I did a SD card benchmark test in Hekate and everything seems normal to me (unless it isnt then plz tell me). This is a 512GB Samsung Evo Select U3 SD Card. Hekate also read the SD card correctly showing that it was a Samsung and not a fake. I tried getting a fresh copy of Hekate, Atmosphere and the SigPatches but it has not fixed my issue.

Lastly, I tried downloading a game on SFW to my SD Card and it booted up instantly (game in questions was Mario Odyssey). I really do not understand what could have happened to make my CFW completely unusable.

Please help :)

Attachments

• 645A16B1-1D1F-4DD9-9836-7F787BFD49CD.jpeg
    645A16B1-1D1F-4DD9-9836-7F787BFD49CD.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 33

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I have no clue what is happening with my Switch and CFW. I originally hacked my switch in April of this year, it was fine for about 2 months and then the CFW side started to get really sluggish and eventually stopped booting into Atmosphere. So I decided to re-hack the switch in mid June and everything was fine!

Or so I thought, because now the Switch is doing the same thing. CFW is extremely slow (took 4 minutes to launch Smash Bros Ultimate installed on my SD Card). I turned off the switch, tried to reboot into Atmosphere and it got hung up on the Nintendo Switch boot logo screen for 10 minutes before hitting a black screen and not booting into Atmosphere.

I did a SD card benchmark test in Hekate and everything seems normal to me (unless it isnt then plz tell me). This is a 512GB Samsung Evo Select U3 SD Card. Hekate also read the SD card correctly showing that it was a Samsung and not a fake. I tried getting a fresh copy of Hekate, Atmosphere and the SigPatches but it has not fixed my issue.

Lastly, I tried downloading a game on SFW to my SD Card and it booted up instantly (game in questions was Mario Odyssey). I really do not understand what could have happened to make my CFW completely unusable.

Please help :)
Your numbers aren’t really consistent.

Here’s mine…notice how they are all about the same.

nyx20430624_145509.jpg

Sveeno

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sure can, but don’t you want to format it first and the copy fresh atmosphere and Hekate on it?
Looks like it was the Samsung SD card that is either counterfeit or faulty. I tried a Gigastone XC SD card and the results as shown here are consistent. Time to contact amazon to get a new one! Thanks for the help :)

Attachments

• IMG_1840.jpg
    IMG_1840.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P