Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Uzuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It wouldn't be an issue if you used SX OS on the exFAT SD card before but I would advise you to stay away from exFAT and reformat the SD card to FAT32. The reason being exFAT is known to cause SD card corruption so its only a matter of time before your SD card corrupts.

There aren't any issues that come to my mind off the top of my head.
Alright thanks. one more question. I accidentally downloaded a bought dlc to my sdcard (emunand). Is it.. safe, is it possible that I would get flagged because of it? should I transfer the dlc to my internal? my sdcard has 3.7 gigs left because of it too.

Casual

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So my switch was fixed the original modder was able to fix it @binkinator you were right it wasn’t a dead eMMC! There was a small short on a point and my battery was completely drained off. The diagnostic was that the eMMC was dead since it the process passing through the chip wasn’t able to get a response from the eMMC. I wonder if my dock was the cause of the short though…
Now what should I do in terms or backing up keys and stuff in case something like this occurs again?

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my switch was fixed the original modder was able to fix it @binkinator you were right it wasn’t a dead eMMC! There was a small short on a point and my battery was completely drained off. The diagnostic was that the eMMC was dead since it the process passing through the chip wasn’t able to get a response from the eMMC. I wonder if my dock was the cause of the short though…
Now what should I do in terms or backing up keys and stuff in case something like this occurs again?
Whew! Dodged a bullet. Congrats man!

You should backup your Sysnand right away. Keep a copy on your PC, another on an sd card you don’t use, one in the cloud, another on BlueRay in case of the apocalypse and all they have is SonyBD players in the future. My point being you can recover from just about anything as long as you have a copy of your Sysnand. Use Hekate for the initial backup.

For general maintenance backups you can also use NXNandManager or EmuTool to backup your Emunand.

For the main partition that you can see with Windows…just throw it in your PC and copy everything you can see and throw it in a safe place on your PC.

An additional thing I do is rotate bit for bit copies of my SD Cards so at most I only lose a couple of weeks progress should an sd card fail. Probably a bit much but I’m paranoid like that.

• Love
Reactions: Casual

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need a shadowverse save game with everything unlocked (there are some stuff which can only be unlocked online, but my switch is banned)
Wow. I don‘t have any specifics about this game so I googled around a bit and there’s not much out there except that Windows uses Steam for game saves?

Anybody else have better information on Shadowverse?

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have a question...again but on the cheats thread i didnt got any answer (i have a flight tomorrow and wanted to set up my switch but....need few things)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

GravityLoL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Coming back again and wasting my whole day on my problem again i guess.
So, whenever i try to backup my card with NxNandManager, it just backs up Sysnad, that 32GB one. Shouldn't it also dump hidden partition too? Or i'm good if i backed up the files manually already? ( simple copy-paste in Windows explorer from SD card)

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Can I add exFat drivers to the emunand partition on an SD Card? Is there a way to edit an emunand partition on PC and adding the exFat Driver with NxNandManager or hacdiskmount or anything else?
I have a friend that updated his emunand via DayBreak and asked me if he should install fat32 or fat32+exfat, I thought that his SD Card was fat32 because it's the recommended format. Hence, I told him to install either of them and he installed fat32 but now when loading Atmosphere it obviously says "SD Card is exFAT but installed HOS driver only supports FAT32!" because his SD Card has an exFat partition. I thought about copying all files on the exFat partition to a PC, formating only the exFat partition to Fat32 with a partition manager (I typically use Minitool Partition Wizard or EaseUS), pasting all files back, and done, but I'm not too sure if the emunand partition wouldn't get corrupted while doing that, maybe partition manager programs touch something that Atmosphere doesn't like and it doesn't work anymore. I told him to make a backup of his current emunand before doing any type of formating. The thing is, he uses a 400gb SD Card and its taking a long time, I'm worried about files getting corrupted with all that transferring from the SD Card to a PC Drive and vice-versa too. So I would like to just add the exFat driver to the emunand via PC or Hekate because I can't enter DayBreak without accessing Horizon OS that doesn't load because he's using an exFat partition. Maybe we should format from exFat to Fat32 on Hekate? I read somewhere that Horizon has a partition manager built in, maybe that's safer to use.

Last edited by Chuardo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.