and try to boot CFW again…
Done - still stuck at the logo.

Rostodon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
are you using a partition or files based emunand?

e: when you say stuck at logo…do you mean it does the white Nintendo Logo and then black screen?
Partition based. When I launch into CFW, I see the Atmosphere logo, then it gets to this logo and stays there:

Attachments

• 0F54B521-8871-4D3C-B7F1-DB535068CAC7.jpeg
    0F54B521-8871-4D3C-B7F1-DB535068CAC7.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 20

daflip02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i tried restoring the clean nand backup i had a feeling the files were corrupted since when i try to copy it i get read or copy errors.. i used some kind of data recovery software and i was able to copy it but when i restored i get black screen does this mean its still corrupted? its good that i did a nandbackup (hack state) before doing so.. so reverting it now hopefully it boots normally into hack state... friend wanted me to restore so i did my best but my hd corrupted the files oh so unfortunate i guess it wont have clean backup.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Partition based. When I launch into CFW, I see the Atmosphere logo, then it gets to this logo and stays there:
Well, at this point we’ve just about replaced…everything. I think it’s time to consider formatting your SDCard to FAT32 using something like rufus.

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Well, at this point we’ve just about replaced…everything. I think it’s time to consider formatting your SDCard to FAT32 using something like rufus.
I am curious about this.
Isn't there a way of cancelling that logo and be able to see the "POST" (or whatever is going in the background)?? It's stuck somewhere and nobodies knows where. It would be useful to be able to see what is going on!
I bet that if we would have access to that information, would be easy to at least know what the problem is and eventually fix it without the re-format!

Edited;
I didn't read many posts behind the ones in this page and I'm not sure if this is applicable, but if it is, give it a try:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-stuck-in-boot-logo.591438/post-9562224
Recovery mode, to see if anything can be done from Recovery! Or at least get there!

Last edited by HelloShitty,

Rostodon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am curious about this.
Isn't there a way of cancelling that logo and be able to see the "POST" (or whatever is going in the background)?? It's stuck somewhere and nobodies knows where. It would be useful to be able to see what is going on!
I bet that if we would have access to that information, would be easy to at least know what the problem is and eventually fix it without the re-format!

Edited;
I didn't read many posts behind the ones in this page and I'm not sure if this is applicable, but if it is, give it a try:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-stuck-in-boot-logo.591438/post-9562224
Recovery mode, to see if anything can be done from Recovery! Or at least get there!
I'm unable to get into recovery mode via CFW. I am holding volume + and - after choosing CFW in Hekate, or loading fusee.bin via TegraRcmGUI. I can get to it by booting straight into OFW holding those buttons fine.

As a side note, when I turn on my Joycons one by one, they pair up in sequential order. So something seems to be operating while it's stuck on the logo...

KaguneDoneRight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good morning, forumites.
I'm pretty new to this whole modding thing, but I managed to set up Atmosphere, SYS-DVR, and a few dozen Smash mods without a hitch (except for the time that I short-circuited my Switch with my DIY RCM jig).
I come here because I have a slight issue. I'm trying to play Online Smash, however my Switch simply refuses to actually go online at all. The connection itself is fine and the HB app store is running as it should though.
I set up 90dns and DNS MIMT but that didn't work. I also tried deleting and re-adding hosts/default.txt from my Atmosphere folder and that didn't help either. And when I try running Incognito, I'm met with an error message saying "unknown pkg1 version".
Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good morning, forumites.
I'm pretty new to this whole modding thing, but I managed to set up Atmosphere, SYS-DVR, and a few dozen Smash mods without a hitch (except for the time that I short-circuited my Switch with my DIY RCM jig).
I come here because I have a slight issue. I'm trying to play Online Smash, however my Switch simply refuses to actually go online at all. The connection itself is fine and the HB app store is running as it should though.
I set up 90dns and DNS MIMT but that didn't work. I also tried deleting and re-adding hosts/default.txt from my Atmosphere folder and that didn't help either. And when I try running Incogninto, I'm met with an error message saying "unknown pkg1 version".
Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Probably got banned, you shouldn't mixed mods/homebrew/piracy with online, it doesn't mix well at all.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, I can play Online Smash with no problems so I don't think me being banned is the issue here. While booted normally that is.
Atmosphere’s exosphere.ini is set up to block you Prodinfo from being revealed and dns:mitm (and/or 90DNS) are designed to block DNS from resolving Nintendo server names. When configured properly they all conspire to prevent you from telling Ninty all,the naughty things you’ve been up to on you switch. You likely want this while in Emunand. While booted to normal Sysnand you probably don’t want the to interfere. It sounds like they are doing their job correctly. Don’t go online with shady things and you won’t get banned, keep you Sysnand clean.

Last edited by binkinator,

KaguneDoneRight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere’s exosphere.ini is set up to block you Prodinfo from being revealed and dns:mitm (and/or 90DNS) are designed to block you from connecting to Nintendo. You likely want this while in Emunand. While booted to normal Sysnand you probably don’t want the to interfere. It sounds like they are doing their job correctly. Don’t go online with shady things and you won’t get banned, keep you Sysnand clean.
So the solution to this whole thing is just to use emuMMC? Simple enough.

MsMythchief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feel free to point me in the right direction to this answer, but I couldn't find it via a search.
What if I only have a digital/eShop copy of the game I want to mod?

TIA.

Rostodon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I have to reformat, what’s the best process to retain games and saves? Not sure what’s in the Nintendo folder and what’s not.

Also, would this issue be caused by the SD card itself and therefore should be replaced? Or it’s just the partition that has somehow corrupted?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the solution to this whole thing is just to use emuMMC? Simple enough.
Correct.
Keep dirty Emummc Offline.
Use 100% clean Sysnand for everything Online.
Don’t cross the streams…you won’t get banned.

This is the n00bs general guideline. There is more nuanced detailed to it than that of course.

You can read about the nuance here:
Once you grok that you will be ready to make your own informed decisions about when where and how you would like to cross the lines (and be responsible if you screw up and get yourself banned.)

Reactions: Draxzelex

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have to reformat, what’s the best process to retain games and saves? Not sure what’s in the Nintendo folder and what’s not.

Also, would this issue be caused by the SD card itself and therefore should be replaced? Or it’s just the partition that has somehow corrupted?

Game Saves​

• jksv — game save manager
  • checkpoint — another game save manager
  • neumann — yet another game save manager
(for games, unless you have a metric pantload, just reinstall them and then restore your game saves.)

You can (destructively) test you SDCard for any issues with h2testw.

You will then need to format the card to FAT32 with rufus as mentioned above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Going.