Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Bangbruhzx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad you’re sorted!

These questions are sort of subjective. Your experience (or anyone else’s for that matter) will be wildly different. Rather than take up space debating that point I’ll just rip through them with the aforementioned disclaimer in effect…

V1 myself. Pondered a V2 but there are a few (arguably worthless) functions I wanted to have. Considered a V3 but then realized all my rap money hasn’t come in yet.

Portable 99% of the time. V2 gets “better battery performance” due to being more efficien….battery is the same.

Many are, some aren’t. You’re buying a few steps above grey market. Sometimes your chips are gonna be stepped on. Comes with the territory.
Awesome! & thanks for the clarification on the chips.
& hope that rap money comes in, brotha! haha.

Glad to see someone who uses the Switch 99% portable as well as I.
How many hours have you put on your system?
I have like 4k. The fan has went out on me once and I had to replace it. Other than that, the system has been good! This thing has gone through so much heat.

& Also what portable battery pack are you using, if so?
I have an anker 26800 PD but i ended up buying a battery case not too long ago. NEWDERY is the brand that it's called..
It's been great with a 10k capacity.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I recently got the OLED switch, and currently have a 512GB mSD in it, with about 100GB storage left. Most of my games on that Switch are digital. Over the weekend, I received my $500 rent reimbursement check. I am thinking about getting an 1TB mSD for my OLED Switch, and the cost of the mSD card is a bit over $200. Does that Switch support 1tb mSD cards? Also, do you guys recommend that I get a 1tb mSD card? Thoughts and help appreciated [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I recently got the OLED switch, and currently have a 512GB mSD in it, with about 100GB storage left. Most of my games on that Switch are digital. Over the weekend, I received my $500 rent reimbursement check. I am thinking about getting an 1TB mSD for my OLED Switch, and the cost of the mSD card is a bit over $200. Does that Switch support 1tb mSD cards? Also, do you guys recommend that I get a 1tb mSD card? Thoughts and help appreciated [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

V1 supports up to 2TB sd cards (whenever they come out) so your good with 1TB on a V3.

Edit: I personally don’t know that Switch has 1TB of good games. I would invest in another card of the same brand and size yiu have now and start doing regular full backups. Will be cheaper and a better investment IMO.

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

rasr3d

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
You’re suggesting working 17 hours a day for 43 days. Even at $1/hr that’s $731 you will potentially spend. Your time has to be worth something my friend. :-o

Maybe you could sign up for a free account at ... and make a temporary credit card linked to your bank account to pay the $.50? You will provide the email address. It’s just so they can contact you…not confirm you are the original owner. I believe the questions are also related to “are you a reasonable adult or just a kid trying to disobey his parents” vs “we want you to tell us the name of the original owners first dog.” They don’t care about ownership…just looking to make sure you’re an adult! :-)
Thanks, but im not in the USA and privacy ask me to use an USA phone number, so the only way to do it is calling customer service, that is my concern, i will give it a try next week, thanks for ur help, i woke up at 5:30 in the morning, and usually gtb at 00:50, is not a big deal, just add another routine.

Don't ask questions here if you don't even want to read the answers and follow the links. The email is what you enter when you fill in the form with a credit card. It's where they will send you the master unlock key. As I never had a reason to use parental controls, I was unaware that they give you a hint about how many numbers it was, so sue me. The rest of my answer still stands, take it or leave it.
I readed your answer, i did all the research needed before ask here, i know i cant use your first link cuz my switch is in the last nintendo firmware, i know i cant use homebrew, cuz my switch isnt vulnerable, i dont live in the USA, that dont let me use the nintendo link paying the 0.5, cuz i dont have an USA credit card, and the international ones doesnt work with this system, then I only have 3 options left, call Nintendo South America customer service(this is the next step im going to take), try every single possible password or install a physical chip (I really dont want to do it) thank you, I really appreciate your help.

Reactions: binkinator

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but im not in the USA and privacy ask me to use an USA phone number, so the only way to do it is calling customer service, that is my concern, i will give it a try next week, thanks for ur help, i woke up at 5:30 in the morning, and usually gtb at 00:50, is not a big deal, just add another routine.

I readed your answer, i did all the research needed before ask here, i know i cant use your first link cuz my switch is in the last nintendo firmware, i know i cant use homebrew, cuz my switch isnt vulnerable, i dont live in the USA, that dont let me use the nintendo link paying the 0.5, cuz i dont have an USA credit card, and the international ones doesnt work with this system, then I only have 3 options left, call Nintendo South America customer service(this is the next step im going to take), try every single possible password or install a physical chip (I really dont want to do it) thank you, I really appreciate your help.
do they not have Visa TravelMoney or Mastercard Travel Card gift cards where you live? those should work. international gift cards

ZJones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I am not much of a tech wiz so apologies if I contradict myself. How would I go about extracting graphics from a Nintendo Switch Game? I was hoping to use the logos found in Nintendo Switch Sports when it came out next month. All I know is that there’s a file known as an NSP that can be useful in this.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I am not much of a tech wiz so apologies if I contradict myself. How would I go about extracting graphics from a Nintendo Switch Game? I was hoping to use the logos found in Nintendo Switch Sports when it came out next month. All I know is that there’s a file known as an NSP that can be useful in this.
There are probably better one but here’s a start:

https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-36986-post-659208.html#pid659208

Here’s something a little more “local”:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/extract-nsp-nca-xci-update-all-in-one-tool-for-layeredfs.511156/

Apparently DBI has some capability as well…huh. Whodathunkit?

Last edited by binkinator,

nalex7752

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all, one of my friend asked me to update his switch with an sx modchip ( fw 11.0.0) . im kinda noob with this, i have my personal switch with atmosphere but didnt know anything about sxos.
Any help is appreciated, thanks ❤

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, one of my friend asked me to update his switch with an sx modchip ( fw 11.0.0) . im kinda noob with this, i have my personal switch with atmosphere but didnt know anything about sxos.
Any help is appreciated, thanks ❤

SXOS has not had updates in a very long time. Last working FW was 11.0.0…we‘re now on FW 13.2.1. You will want to migrate from SXOS to Atmosphere.

google Switch Hacking is Easy or click CFW Guide in my sig.

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

chromamiasu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi folks. I'm totally new to the hacking scene, so please bare with me.
I have a V1 Switch that i successfully hacked using the guide from this site https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy. I decided to set up emuNAND (partition-based) instead of sysNAND, and it's pretty much done and working flawlessly. So my question is, how much space does emuNAND take up? My clean 128gb SD Card have only 58gb left of memory after setting up the emuNAND. Is this normal? My concern isn't the lack of memory left after the process (i can always buy a bigger SD Card), but i'm just wondering if this is completely fine and i'm not screwing up somewhere. Sorry, i know my english isn't good, and thanks in advance!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi folks. I'm totally new to the hacking scene, so please bare with me.
I have a V1 Switch that i successfully hacked using the guide from this site https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy. I decided to set up emuNAND (partition-based) instead of sysNAND, and it's pretty much done and working flawlessly. So my question is, how much space does emuNAND take up? My clean 128gb SD Card have only 58gb left of memory after setting up the emuNAND. Is this normal? My concern isn't the lack of memory left after the process (i can always buy a bigger SD Card), but i'm just wondering if this is completely fine and i'm not screwing up somewhere. Sorry, i know my english isn't good, and thanks in advance!

Typically emunand takes up about 30G. You can trim it down if it bothers you.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-resize-your-emunand-mmc.587024/

Are you on an OLED Switch?

ZJones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are probably better one but here’s a start:

[New Member means I can’t reply with a link, which I guess extends to what I’m replying to]

Here’s something a little more “local”:

[New Member means I can’t reply with a link, which I guess extends to what I’m replying to]

Apparently DBI has some capability as well…huh. Whodathunkit?
I had saw the second one before but I was easily lost on what to do with it..oop

El Xando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My hacked switch was on 13.0.0 with Amosphere 1.1.1 and I tried to do Match Version with Local Users to update Smash Bros, not realising that functionality also updates the switch firmware. Console rebooted into Hekate and I get an error saying package1 not found when trying to boot to sysCFW. Presumably I just need to update Atmosphere to 1.2.6, but will there be any other consequences or things I should do? Will this have burnt the fuses?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.