Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

ngoctung91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
About my hacked OLED one. My seller said that due to the modified chip, I have to avoid as much as possible the situation when the battery is depleted or turn off completely. But is Restart ok?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I did this earlier, and I would have never guessed. Thank you so much!

I was able to dump mario kart 8 from cartridge and get it running on yuzu. I'll try digital titles tomorrow. Thank you all for your help thus far!

Edit: I wanted to add, just about what I said earlier with the Wii u. The Wii u to me seemed alot less complicated, I just used the browser exploit to boot to cfw and dump my games. With the switch, there seems to be alot more to it from my perspective, one thing being getting a v1 switch, then being paranoid that I'll brick it somehow. Also about not connecting to the internet, I'm still a little confused about that, but that will be a later post after I've dumped my library. Thanks again.
That is because you were using a softmod on the Wii U while the exploit on the Switch relies on the hardware. Also you can brick a Wii U just as easily as the Switch. However you can always recover from a brick in both cases with a backup although you cannot recover from a bricked Wii if you aren't using CBHC or Tiramisu.
About my hacked OLED one. My seller said that due to the modified chip, I have to avoid as much as possible the situation when the battery is depleted or turn off completely. But is Restart ok?
Well you can use the normal Restart function without any issues. Just don't expect reboot to payload to work on your console.

Reactions: ngoctung91

miash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, back with more issues. First, I do want to thank all that have helped me, for real, I've had much more success then i thought I would have had so far.

Yesterday I dumped Mario Kart 8 from the cartridge and was able to get it running on yuzu. Today I started dumping my digital titles, I dont have too many, like 6 or so, but I cant get them running. Just to use Animal Crossing as an example, when I try to open it in yuzu, I get the message "The titlekey for this Rights ID could not be found." Then it refers me to the yuzu guide to redump files.

I did dump my title.keys, prod.keys, and firmware yesterday, and like I said, Mario Kart 8 opens in yuzu fine.

What am I missing here? Something to note is that when I got the switch, I formatted the sd card, logged into my nintendo account, and downloaded my digital purchases. However when I go to open one of these digital games on the switch, it asks me to turn off airplane mode. Is this connected to this issue I'm having dumping digital titles? Like is there further online verification that's needed for the digital title to be legit?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, back with more issues. First, I do want to thank all that have helped me, for real, I've had much more success then i thought I would have had so far.

Yesterday I dumped Mario Kart 8 from the cartridge and was able to get it running on yuzu. Today I started dumping my digital titles, I dont have too many, like 6 or so, but I cant get them running. Just to use Animal Crossing as an example, when I try to open it in yuzu, I get the message "The titlekey for this Rights ID could not be found." Then it refers me to the yuzu guide to redump files.

I did dump my title.keys, prod.keys, and firmware yesterday, and like I said, Mario Kart 8 opens in yuzu fine.

What am I missing here? Something to note is that when I got the switch, I formatted the sd card, logged into my nintendo account, and downloaded my digital purchases. However when I go to open one of these digital games on the switch, it asks me to turn off airplane mode. Is this connected to this issue I'm having dumping digital titles? Like is there further online verification that's needed for the digital title to be legit?

Not really sure as this is really specific to what you’re doing. MK8 is about 6.5G and ACNH is just over 7G so it’s not a storage splitting issue or anything.

it does look like DarkMatterCore just release a new version: https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/nxdumptool/releases/tag/v1.1.15
…but the release notes don’t look like they would apply.

I have no idea if the airplane mode is impacting anything but I wouldn’t think so and haven’t heard anyone talking about it. Doesn’t mean that’s not the case and I personally wouldn’t turn it off to find out.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is your console assigned as the secondary console to your Nintendo Account? If so, that might explain why its asking you to disable Airplane Mode.

miash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your console assigned as the secondary console to your Nintendo Account? If so, that might explain why its asking you to disable Airplane Mode.
Well that would make sense, I suppose it is.

I went back to nxdumptool, and the digital games all displayed the message:
---
retrieveNcaTikTitleKey: NCA rights ID unavailable in this console!

This is probably a pre-installed title, which explains why a ticket for it couldnt be found (even though its Rights ID field isn't empty).

Do you want to proceed with the dump procedure anyway?

Bear in mind that no content decryption will be possible for this title in its current status.
---

Would there be a solution to this?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that would make sense, I suppose it is.

I went back to nxdumptool, and the digital games all displayed the message:
---
retrieveNcaTikTitleKey: NCA rights ID unavailable in this console!

This is probably a pre-installed title, which explains why a ticket for it couldnt be found (even though its Rights ID field isn't empty).

Do you want to proceed with the dump procedure anyway?

Bear in mind that no content decryption will be possible for this title in its current status.
---

Would there be a solution to this?
There are 2 that I can think of: one legal and the other illegal. The legal method involves dumping the games from a console running your Nintendo Account as the primary whether that means changing your currently hacked console to the primary or hacking the primary console. The illegal method is finding the title keys yourself. The Yuzu guide only recommends you to dump the keys yourself because sharing keys is illegal but there is nothing stopping you or anyone else finding the keys on the Internet since they aren't tied to any console. Simply look up the title key for whatever game you want and add it to your title.keys file. As for how to do that, I think you should be able to either open it in Notepad or change the file extension temporarily such that you can open it in Notepad.

Reactions: binkinator

miash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are 2 that I can think of: one legal and the other illegal. The legal method involves dumping the games from a console running your Nintendo Account as the primary whether that means changing your currently hacked console to the primary or hacking the primary console.
I found this in searching about the problem:

https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/nxdumptool/issues/48

I really would like to go the legal route, even though it doesnt seem as practical. As for safely going online, am I running a huge risk? I made a backup of my nand, is this something I need to restore before going online with the v1 switch as a primary console? Is my nand dirty? I've used hekate to dump keys, firmware, then nxdumptool to dump my cartridges. I havent installed any pirated games, cheats, etc.

Edited to also ask, concerning the above, would I just boot into ofw? Is it that simple?

Last edited by miash,

husky3g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If so then you’re likely a dead man walking already and none of these preventative measures probably matter anyway, but let’s hear what you have to say…
Hey, finally got around to replying. So I am still able to connect to Nintendo's eShop, so I don't believe my Switch is banned. I did exactly as you described with both the ini and txt file so hopefully that will prevent a ban in the future. What I've been doing is just leaving my Switch disconnected from the Net, as I typically just play offline games anyway. The only time I connect my Switch to my network is to use Moonlight to stream my desktop games to my Switch. It's pretty wild playing Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion on Switch.

Anyway, is there anything extra I need to do to avoid a ban? As far as actually like launching or doing something as I use CFW while connected to a network? I honestly don't mind if my Switch gets banned, like I said, because I don't use any Nintendo online services anyway. I'd hate to have my account banned, though, because I use it on other things besides Switch.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, finally got around to replying. So I am still able to connect to Nintendo's eShop, so I don't believe my Switch is banned. I did exactly as you described with both the ini and txt file so hopefully that will prevent a ban in the future. What I've been doing is just leaving my Switch disconnected from the Net, as I typically just play offline games anyway. The only time I connect my Switch to my network is to use Moonlight to stream my desktop games to my Switch. It's pretty wild playing Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion on Switch.

Anyway, is there anything extra I need to do to avoid a ban? As far as actually like launching or doing something as I use CFW while connected to a network? I honestly don't mind if my Switch gets banned, like I said, because I don't use any Nintendo online services anyway. I'd hate to have my account banned, though, because I use it on other things besides Switch.

whats done is done and only time will tell. You’ve covered what you need to now. At worst it will be a console ban. Very unlikely to be an account ban.

Reactions: husky3g

miash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is what I'm currently doing since I couldn't dump my digital games from my v1 switch since it was the secondary on the account. I'm not sure if it was necessary, but since I'm going online again, I restored the nand from the backup I made when I first started this. I put in a new micro sd card that doesn't have the homebrew stuff on it, and am currently redownloading my digital games again. My plan is to then make the v1 console my primary, do the homebrew stuff, and dump my keys/digital titles.

My question that after I'm done dumping my stuff, I obviously want to make the v2 switch a primary again. So I'll need to go online once more with the v1 to deactivate. Is it necessary that I restore the nand once more? Or was that not even needed in the first place?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is what I'm currently doing since I couldn't dump my digital games from my v1 switch since it was the secondary on the account. I'm not sure if it was necessary, but since I'm going online again, I restored the nand from the backup I made when I first started this. I put in a new micro sd card that doesn't have the homebrew stuff on it, and am currently redownloading my digital games again. My plan is to then make the v1 console my primary, do the homebrew stuff, and dump my keys/digital titles.

My question that after I'm done dumping my stuff, I obviously want to make the v2 switch a primary again. So I'll need to go online once more with the v1 to deactivate. Is it necessary that I restore the nand once more? Or was that not even needed in the first place?

Just homebrew typically doesn’t get you banned…that said you should just boot into OFW and there wouldn’t be any traces of anything. After you are done connecting to Ninty you should make another backup because they will have an accounting of your logs. Out of sync logs are something people claim has caused bans.

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, here for the final time (might be a lie, who knows)
Just to recap
1. I recently got a unpatched switch w/ a broken fan that I fixed (Calling this Switch B).
2. I'm currently trying to dump my physical and digital games, with their respective DLCs, Updates, ect.

My problem is that the switch I have my digital games on (let's call that Switch A) is patched 100%. Unless if there's a firmware/software hack that just so happens to release tomorrow and doesn't require soldering (extremely unlikely), I won't be hacking that thing anytime soon.
BUT!
I've been communicating with a friend who has done this before and I got a game plan for dumping my games and stuff w/o unintentionally setting off Nintendo's servers and getting Switch A banned from online. I know that there is no true way to 100% get away with hacking, but I can at least minimize the damage

Here's my plan. I have created a Nintendo account for Switch B (As recommended by my friend)
1A. Transfer my user data from Switch A over to Switch B, getting my save data and info in the process
1B. Connect my Switch A acc. to the eShop on Switch B and download my games from there (easier, just not doing it since theres a warning that says it'll connect a user with that nintendo account, so im afraid connecting my account on a new switch would create a slew of problems... i'm prolly over thinking it lol)
2. Disconnect from the internet and do the hacky things
3. Dump my games and stuff
4A. Transfer the user from Switch A back over and separate the two accounts from each other. Depending on the risk, connect the two back and forth to update save data and all.
4B. Disconnect user from Switch A from the eShop and log back in on Switch A.

So how is it? Is there more to protect me from a potential ban, or is this whole idea stupid? Should I just bite the bullet and hack it right away? If needed, I'll provide more info.
Thanks.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this in searching about the problem:

https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/nxdumptool/issues/48

I really would like to go the legal route, even though it doesnt seem as practical. As for safely going online, am I running a huge risk? I made a backup of my nand, is this something I need to restore before going online with the v1 switch as a primary console? Is my nand dirty? I've used hekate to dump keys, firmware, then nxdumptool to dump my cartridges. I havent installed any pirated games, cheats, etc.

Edited to also ask, concerning the above, would I just boot into ofw? Is it that simple?
Well the legal route involves either changing your hacked console to the Primary or hacking your current Primary console. As for the risks of going online, there is always a risk when it involves CFW/homebrew. It isn't as simple as booting OFW because you need the game to be running so you would actually need to be in CFW according to the link.
Hello, here for the final time (might be a lie, who knows)
Just to recap
1. I recently got a unpatched switch w/ a broken fan that I fixed (Calling this Switch B).
2. I'm currently trying to dump my physical and digital games, with their respective DLCs, Updates, ect.

My problem is that the switch I have my digital games on (let's call that Switch A) is patched 100%. Unless if there's a firmware/software hack that just so happens to release tomorrow and doesn't require soldering (extremely unlikely), I won't be hacking that thing anytime soon.
BUT!
I've been communicating with a friend who has done this before and I got a game plan for dumping my games and stuff w/o unintentionally setting off Nintendo's servers and getting Switch A banned from online. I know that there is no true way to 100% get away with hacking, but I can at least minimize the damage

Here's my plan. I have created a Nintendo account for Switch B (As recommended by my friend)
1A. Transfer my user data from Switch A over to Switch B, getting my save data and info in the process
1B. Connect my Switch A acc. to the eShop on Switch B and download my games from there (easier, just not doing it since theres a warning that says it'll connect a user with that nintendo account, so im afraid connecting my account on a new switch would create a slew of problems... i'm prolly over thinking it lol)
2. Disconnect from the internet and do the hacky things
3. Dump my games and stuff
4A. Transfer the user from Switch A back over and separate the two accounts from each other. Depending on the risk, connect the two back and forth to update save data and all.
4B. Disconnect user from Switch A from the eShop and log back in on Switch A.

So how is it? Is there more to protect me from a potential ban, or is this whole idea stupid? Should I just bite the bullet and hack it right away? If needed, I'll provide more info.
Thanks.
Well, I will say I admire the lengths you are willing to go. I've never seen anyone attempt this before so I don't know how safe it is practically but on paper, it should be safe.

Reactions: 1B51004

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Heyah !
I'm here for two little questions.

My fiancee got a CFWable Switch. Yesterday I did a Sysnand + Emummc setup that works well. But I had some issues in the end.
The idea was to dump some of her cartridges in order to have everything on the EmuMMC.

I used the GameCartridge Installer NX but got some errors, dumped everything with nxdumpertool and goldleaf after, still some errors. I figured out that after putting the Sigpatches, i had to use the fuse.bin, but I still would like to use Hekate since you can access the sysnand for some online stuff.

I installed one game on the emunnc, it worked well. Once re-using Hekate, the corrupted error was back. I think i've a config error that makes hekate ignoring the Sigpatch but i can't figure out how to fix it.

Also, another question. Idk how this happened, but I've put a custom theme for her in the EmuMMC, but then, after booting with the fuse.bin on the sysnand, I had the theme present here too... I unistalled right after, but is it too late for being flaged ? What can I do here ?

Thanks o/

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heyah !
I'm here for two little questions.

My fiancee got a CFWable Switch. Yesterday I did a Sysnand + Emummc setup that works well. But I had some issues in the end.
The idea was to dump some of her cartridges in order to have everything on the EmuMMC.

I used the GameCartridge Installer NX but got some errors, dumped everything with nxdumpertool and goldleaf after, still some errors. I figured out that after putting the Sigpatches, i had to use the fuse.bin, but I still would like to use Hekate since you can access the sysnand for some online stuff.

I installed one game on the emunnc, it worked well. Once re-using Hekate, the corrupted error was back. I think i've a config error that makes hekate ignoring the Sigpatch but i can't figure out how to fix it.

Also, another question. Idk how this happened, but I've put a custom theme for her in the EmuMMC, but then, after booting with the fuse.bin on the sysnand, I had the theme present here too... I unistalled right after, but is it too late for being flaged ? What can I do here ?

Thanks o/
Did you download the patches from this thread? If not, I greatly urge you to do so as that place is the only one with the fully updated patches. Also custom themes aren't installed to either sysMMC or emuMMC; they are more similar to game mods. Meaning that custom themes are only applied when you boot CFW coupled with the fact you can boot CFW on both sysMMC & emuMMC. Since this means you've booted CFW on sysMMC, there is no point in crying over spilled milk. What's done is done and you cannot undo your past actions. Just try to be more careful in the future.

Reactions: binkinator

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you download the patches from this thread? If not, I greatly urge you to do so as that place is the only one with the fully updated patches. Also custom themes aren't installed to either sysMMC or emuMMC; they are more similar to game mods. Meaning that custom themes are only applied when you boot CFW coupled with the fact you can boot CFW on both sysMMC & emuMMC. Since this means you've booted CFW on sysMMC, there is no point in crying over spilled milk. What's done is done and you cannot undo your past actions. Just try to be more careful in the future.

Thanks for your answer.
I was using this https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases for my Sigpatchs. Used the ones from your link and my dump seems to work well. Gonna just disturb with an optional question : Is Gamecard Installer NX still usable ? I've seen people saying to avoid it since it hasn't been updated for some times, but at the same time, I really find that tool really useful. A Detail, but just curious for that.

For the custom themes, it's too late, fine, but the ban risk is high or just since i never went online with the SysNand, if one day I go online with it, it'll be "ignored" even if there are some logs ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answer.
I was using this https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases for my Sigpatchs. Used the ones from your link and my dump seems to work well. Gonna just disturb with an optional question : Is Gamecard Installer NX still usable ? I've seen people saying to avoid it since it hasn't been updated for some times, but at the same time, I really find that tool really useful. A Detail, but just curious for that.

For the custom themes, it's too late, fine, but the ban risk is high or just since i never went online with the SysNand, if one day I go online with it, it'll be "ignored" even if there are some logs ?
Unfortunately, it is true that it hasn't been updated in a while so it may not function as well on higher firmware versions. At the same time, I don't think there is any app that has the same function as it does so you can continue to use it as long as it works. Its also pretty difficult to measure ban risk since bans are random. If you haven't gone online yet, then there is something you can do and that is restore a clean backup made before running CFW/homebrew. If you don't, then you risk getting banned if and when you go online.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Your thread saves the day again. Imma stop recommending iTJ and switch. Might swap out sigpatches on my own Switch as well…that or learn how to build my own.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE