Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 13.1.0, which I think means I haven't updated for a while? Should I do that in AIO Switch Updater?

My games still work, or is this still a possible explanation for the issue?

No need to disturb anything unrelated. It’s not that old. These things typically happen after a recent upgrade but if your games still work it’s something else.

Have you tried reinstalling Kosmos Tool Box?
You might want to upgrade KTB to Hekate Tool Box https://github.com/WerWolv/Hekate-Toolbox/releases/tag/v4.0.1
(they can run side by side without interfering with each other….just drop the .nro in your sd://switch/ directory and go.)

If/when you update I recommend doing it by hand but if you want to do it with AIO here’s the order: https://rentry.org/UpdateCFW

Dawnbringer91

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
At e certain point (2-3 months ago) I updated to the latest firmware of that time. Afterward, all the games I have tried on the switch have the following issues:
Witcher 3 - I had an enormous amount of health that didn't show anywhere. In an attempt to solve it, I have left Geralt underwater for more than 40 mins, which did the trick and taking damage reduced my health.
Southpark - Infinite shield/health on both enemies and me, I can't get through fights.
Mario Tennis - Infinite booster meter, only for 1 player.

Has anyone had anything similar that knows how to handle?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At e certain point (2-3 months ago) I updated to the latest firmware of that time. Afterward, all the games I have tried on the switch have the following issues:
Witcher 3 - I had an enormous amount of health that didn't show anywhere. In an attempt to solve it, I have left Geralt underwater for more than 40 mins, which did the trick and taking damage reduced my health.
Southpark - Infinite shield/health on both enemies and me, I can't get through fights.
Mario Tennis - Infinite booster meter, only for 1 player.

Has anyone had anything similar that knows how to handle?

Seems like “all cheats” might be on? Have you tried turning them off in /atmosphere/config/system_settings.ini?

If you don’t have one, you can copy the template from /atmosphere/config_templates/ and then check out the following section (this is cut-n-paste from mine):

; Make the power menu's "reboot" button reboot to payload.
; Set to "normal" for normal reboot, "rcm" for rcm reboot.
power_menu_reboot_function = str!payload
; Controls whether dmnt cheats should be toggled on or off by
; default. 1 = toggled on by default, 0 = toggled off by default.
dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x0
; Controls whether dmnt should always save cheat toggle state
; for restoration on new game launch. 1 = always save toggles,
; 0 = only save toggles if toggle file exists.
dmnt_always_save_cheat_toggles = u8!0x1

Note the lines that do not begin with a semicolon ; as they are considered uncommented and thus are active. When they do have a semicolon they are commented out and ignored. Then whatever value is default will be active. Note the comments about dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default…they are on by default which causes some really weird behavior if you’re not ready for it.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dawnbringer91

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Seems like “all cheats” might be on? Have you tried turning them off in /atmosphere/config/system_settings.ini?

If you don’t have one, you can copy the template from /atmosphere/config_templates/ and then check out the following section (this is cut-n-paste from mine):

; Make the power menu's "reboot" button reboot to payload.
; Set to "normal" for normal reboot, "rcm" for rcm reboot.
power_menu_reboot_function = str!payload
; Controls whether dmnt cheats should be toggled on or off by
; default. 1 = toggled on by default, 0 = toggled off by default.
dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x0
; Controls whether dmnt should always save cheat toggle state
; for restoration on new game launch. 1 = always save toggles,
; 0 = only save toggles if toggle file exists.
dmnt_always_save_cheat_toggles = u8!0x1

Note the lines that do not begin with a semicolon ; as they are considered uncommented and thus are active. When they do have a semicolon they are commented out and ignored. Then whatever value is default will be active. Note the comments about dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default…they are on by default which causes some really weird behavior if you’re not ready for it.
I have thought about the cheats, which led me to delete the cheats database via the AIO updater tool. Was that not enough? I'll give your suggestion a go :)

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have thought about the cheats, which led me to delete the cheats database via the AIO updater tool. Was that not enough? I'll give your suggestion a go :)

Gut feel here, but I think the cheats might get copied over so deleting the source database doesn’t go back and dig through where those were deployed.

Xd9fDG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rarely instant unless you do something big (Like actively hacking their servers.)
Typically in a wave some time down the road, they go through and ban the folks they’ve flagged.

There’s a really interesting ban hub thread with people sharing their experiences.

found it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub-warning.508710/
Thanks, I appreciate the straight-forward answer. I looked at that thread first but with 245 pages I thought it'd be quicker to just ask here for a simple answer.

My emuNAND somehow connected to Nintendo's servers for a few minutes before I disabled it again and uploaded my playtime data which includes data for games I don't own and is now viewable in OFW so I'm pretty sure I've been flagged now. All I know is that I wasn't instantly banned since I can still access the eShop and online services without an error.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way I can use Nintendo Switch Online on my hacked Switch? If there is, do I still need to pay for subscription?

Absolutely. When yiu hack the switch be sure to make a clean backup of your Sysnand. Then create an emunand using the same clean Sysnand. You will block DNS and blank out your Prodinfo using exosphere (a part of Atmosphere) on emunand which reduces yiur ban risk. Ideally you would even go so far as to turn on Airplane mode. On your Sysnand you will do absolutely nothing dirty so you will be free to go online without fear.

This guide walks you through how to do all that: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Reactions: ngoctung91

Francesca

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
No need to disturb anything unrelated. It’s not that old. These things typically happen after a recent upgrade but if your games still work it’s something else.

Have you tried reinstalling Kosmos Tool Box?
You might want to upgrade KTB to Hekate Tool Box https://github.com/WerWolv/Hekate-Toolbox/releases/tag/v4.0.1
(they can run side by side without interfering with each other….just drop the .nro in your sd://switch/ directory and go.)

If/when you update I recommend doing it by hand but if you want to do it with AIO here’s the order: https://rentry.org/UpdateCFW

I just did something by accident... Instead of using the Kosmos Toolbox app, I opened Reboot to Payload... and guess what, that got me to Hekate! What else can this app reboot to?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I appreciate the straight-forward answer. I looked at that thread first but with 245 pages I thought it'd be quicker to just ask here for a simple answer.

My emuNAND somehow connected to Nintendo's servers for a few minutes before I disabled it again and uploaded my playtime data which includes data for games I don't own and is now viewable in OFW so I'm pretty sure I've been flagged now. All I know is that I wasn't instantly banned since I can still access the eShop and online services without an error.

Sorry to hear man. Yes, you’re probably right. You’re likely flagged. Not the end of the world.
Clean up the best you can but don’t go crazy making it worse by deleting logs and stuff, because that’s also a contributing flag.
Keep your nose clean and maybe you’ll get lucky. 🤞🏼

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did something by accident... Instead of using the Kosmos Toolbox app, I opened Reboot to Payload... and guess what, that got me to Hekate! What else can this app reboot to?

Reboot to Payload uses the reboot_payload function in Atmosphere so it boots whatever is in /atmospher/reboot_payload.bin (typically hekate).

If yiu want something that can boot other payloads check out https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/Payload_Launcher.
It uses the same Atmosphere code. (Then again, once you get into Hekate you can boot any payload so it’s only saving you one step.)

Xd9fDG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear man. Yes, you’re probably right. You’re likely flagged. Not the end of the world.
Clean up the best you can but don’t go crazy making it worse by deleting logs and stuff, because that’s also a contributing flag.
Keep your nose clean and maybe you’ll get lucky. 🤞🏼
Haha I appreciate it but nah it's all good. I very well knew the risks doing this in the first place. I'll just make sure this doesn't happen again and hope I don't get banned in the near future. Still not sure why my emuNAND connected to Nintendo's servers out of no where.

In terms of cleaning up nothing happened other than my playtime data from my emuNAND getting saved to Nintendo's servers. Other than that, my sysNAND has been clean the whole time.

I was hoping I'd get to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online when the new DLC comes out but if I get banned before it does then it is what it is. I don't really play my Switch games online except for a couple, mainly Pokemon, but at the end of the day it's not going kill me. Once the Steam Deck comes out I'll barely be touching my Switch anyways.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha I appreciate it but nah it's all good. I very well knew the risks doing this in the first place. I'll just make sure this doesn't happen again and hope I don't get banned in the near future. Still not sure why my emuNAND connected to Nintendo's servers out of no where.

In terms of cleaning up nothing happened other than my playtime data from my emuNAND getting saved to Nintendo's servers. Other than that, my sysNAND has been clean the whole time.

I was hoping I'd get to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online when the new DLC comes out but if I get banned before it does then it is what it is. I don't really play my Switch games online except for a couple, mainly Pokemon, but at the end of the day it's not going kill me. Once the Steam Deck comes out I'll barely be touching my Switch anyways.

Emunand didn’t have exosphere running? You should set that up to prevent future mishaps.

Updating with a link to source: https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

Create the file exosphere.ini in the root of your SD card and paste this inside (this step is needed in order to blank your prodinfo so that you can avoid getting your switch banned):

[exosphere]
debugmode=1
debugmode_user=0
disable_user_exception_handlers=0
enable_user_pmu_access=0
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=0
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc=0
log_port=0
log_baud_rate=115200
log_inverted=0
  • Afterwards create a file named default.txt in /atmosphere/hosts/ (the hosts folder won't exist, so make sure to create it)
    and paste this in your default.txt file (this step is prevents you from connecting to Nintendo's servers):
# Block Nintendo Servers
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.*
127.0.0.1 *nintendo-europe.com
127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.*
95.216.149.205 *conntest.nintendowifi.net
95.216.149.205 *ctest.cdn.nintendo.net

edit:

1) a good way to test dns:mitm is by installing and running this:
https://github.com/meganukebmp/Switch_90DNS_tester

2) a good way to confirm your exosphere is working is by looking under System —> Serial Information for the expected 000000s:

879B3843-A69C-4C51-8428-6DC0E71AD77E.jpeg

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Xd9fDG

Xd9fDG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunand didn’t have exosphere running? You should set that up to prevent future mishaps.

• Create the file exosphere.ini in the root of your SD card and paste this inside (this step is needed in order to blank your prodinfo so that you can avoid getting your switch banned):
    [exosphere]
    debugmode=1
    debugmode_user=0
    disable_user_exception_handlers=0
    enable_user_pmu_access=0
    blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=0
    blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
    allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc=0
    log_port=0
    log_baud_rate=115200
    log_inverted=0
  • Afterwards create a file named default.txt in /atmosphere/hosts/ (the hosts folder won't exist, so make sure to create it)
    and paste this in your default.txt file (this step is prevents you from connecting to Nintendo's servers):
    # Block Nintendo Servers
    127.0.0.1 *nintendo.*
    127.0.0.1 *nintendo-europe.com
    127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.*
    95.216.149.205 *conntest.nintendowifi.net
    95.216.149.205 *ctest.cdn.nintendo.net
No, I use 90DNS and this is the only time it's ever failed on me. I didn't know exosphere was a thing so I'll make sure to use that instead from now on since I don't want something like this to happen again.

Thanks for the info!

steamcheapcom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I've never used an RCM Loader before. However, they have a website with instructions that you can follow. To summarize the steps listed on their page, it seems that you have to connect the RCM Loader to your computer then replace the corresponding payload. You're going to be replacing the one inside the Atmosphere folder. And make sure that the new payload is named payload.bin
Thanks for all your help, I got it working! The last thing I'm trying to figure out (I hope) is how to enable either Atmosphere dns_mitm, or something equivalent/better. Any tips?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all your help, I got it working! The last thing I'm trying to figure out (I hope) is how to enable either Atmosphere dns_mitm, or something equivalent/better. Any tips?

Ha! I literally just posted that same info. Check it out a couple posts above.

ngoctung91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Absolutely. When yiu hack the switch be sure to make a clean backup of your Sysnand. Then create an emunand using the same clean Sysnand. You will block DNS and blank out your Prodinfo using exosphere (a part of Atmosphere) on emunand which reduces yiur ban risk. Ideally you would even go so far as to turn on Airplane mode. On your Sysnand you will do absolutely nothing dirty so you will be free to go online without fear.

This guide walks you through how to do all that: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy
Tysm for this. Just to be clear, do I have to pay for the subscription or can I play it without any fee with your method?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Do you / would you consider moving?