Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

misticknight1

Trophies
XP
Country
Could have been some other “corruption” that was throwing it off. “Formatting” is the solution for a lot of the issues on this channel. A lot of that comes from the fact that we aren’t working from official documentation sources and are making some educated guesses or something we’ve seen work before. In all reality, formatting to exfat might have cleared this issue as well But we’ve seen many more issues with it so we stick with recommending FAT32.
Whats the solution for me now you think though ? Just forget about ever installing direct from pc? If I have to rely on fat32 formatted hdd/usb how would I install larger games ?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the solution for me now you think though ? Just forget about ever installing direct from pc? If I have to rely on fat32 formatted hdd/usb how would I install larger games ?

Seems to be on the PC side at this point. You might try a different cable? Not sure and the possibilities are endless.

Larger games can be stored on FAT32 using tools like NSC_Builder or you’re free to reformat it to exFAT…your call.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
before I set up emunand I had system memory and sd card memory. I understand what your saying applies to the games on SD card in the Nintendo folder. But isn’t it different for the games that were in system memory? When I migrated to emunand shouldn’t the games that were in system memory still work even with out the Nintendo folder? The cartidge games that work are ones that were dumped to system memory.
Now I understand your dilemma. Well, you are right that the games installed to internal memory should work immediately with emuMMC. But did you download/install any DLC and/or updates for those games? And if so, did you install them to internal memory or the SD card? If it was the latter, then that would explain why they still aren't working.

Reactions: blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I understand your dilemma. Well, you are right that the games installed to internal memory should work immediately with emuMMC. But did you download/install any DLC and/or updates for those games? And if so, did you install them to internal memory or the SD card? If it was the latter, then that would explain why they still aren't working.
I guess this might have happened if I moved the game from external stoarage to system memory but I don’t know why I would intentionally locate updates and dlc separately.

all the guides i looked at seemed complicated. Just using hekate seemed to work fine. Now I guess tonight I will have my Nintendo folder back to check if that fixes the broken system memory emunand games.

one thing, my pristine 7.0 nand backup is the single file type but I’m formatted to fat32 now. I can’t just copy the backup to my SD card because it’s too big file size ? I guess I should follow rentry guide to restore from PC or is that making it harder than it needs to be? will windows split it automatically for me ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess this might have happened if I moved the game from external stoarage to system memory but I don’t know why I would intentionally locate updates and dlc separately.

all the guides i looked at seemed complicated. Just using hekate seemed to work fine. Now I guess tonight I will have my Nintendo folder back to check if that fixes the broken system memory emunand games.

one thing, my pristine 7.0 nand backup is the single file type but I’m formatted to fat32 now. I can’t just copy the backup to my SD card because it’s too big file size ? I guess I should follow rentry guide to restore from PC or is that making it harder than it needs to be? will windows split it automatically for me ?
Windows won't automatically split it for you unfortunately. You will have to use a separate tool to split it for you if you wish to restore your backup using a FAT32 SD card. Alternatively, you can temporarily format your SD card or use another one as exFAT to restore the backup without splitting. You don't have to worry about corruption if you're only using it with Hekate.

Reactions: blaisedinsd

oli200110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Was hoping you missed the fusee-bin changes or something. No dice.

Had to look this var up cause I don’t use it but everything else looks right:

atmosphere=1Enables Atmosphère patching. Not needed when fss0 is used.

edit: lets try a last ditch effort…

try downloading fusee.bin from the Atmosphere release page and then adding this to your hekate_ipl.ini (make sure you adjust the location of your fusee.bin). Might have to give it an icon as well…give it something that stands out so we don’t mix things up.

[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
emummcforce=1
kip1=atmosphere/kip_patches/*
thanks Binkinator! I tried this method, but it still freezes on the Switch logo... No luck unfortunately:/

ICUDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The guide I sent you covers multiple scenarios. Check out this section: https://rentry.org/CFWGuides

Aside from the 29G for a copy of sysnand for your emunand, there are few downsides to using it and a lot of upsides (if you brick your emunand it’s easy to recover…brick your sysnand and you‘re in much bigger trouble)
Thanks for the help it all worked really good. Made a little girl really happy.

I thought I might use tinfoil to manage my titles. Because I never go online with the switch and it runs on sysMMC CFW I'm a bit paranoid. From the guide you sent me I created and installed the "exosphere.ini" and "default.txt" files that the guide recommended. Am I ok in the sysmmc CFW to turn on Wifi to use tinfoil?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks Binkinator! I tried this method, but it still freezes on the Switch logo... No luck unfortunately:/

appreciate you humoring me. That was my long shot.

at this point I have to concede @Draxzelex had it right the first time. I hope you’re able to use the thread he sent to recover some games off the corrupted card before you reformat.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help it all worked really good. Made a little girl really happy.

I thought I might use tinfoil to manage my titles. Because I never go online with the switch and it runs on sysMMC CFW I'm a bit paranoid. From the guide you sent me I created and installed the "exosphere.ini" and "default.txt" files that the guide recommended. Am I ok in the sysmmc CFW to turn on Wifi to use tinfoil?

We believe exosphere and default.txt prevent your switch from communicating with Ninty. We don’t know for sure that they have no other way of detecting. Many folks have done it for years without a ban. You should be OK but of course YMMV…

You can test your DNS shields with this: https://github.com/meganukebmp/Switch_90DNS_tester

Reactions: ICUDude

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I have 2 questions, both are Switch related:

I have an hackable Switch with the Physical gamecard version of Super Mario 3D All-Stars. I am wanting to update game with the update that added control inversion options. Thing is, I keep that Switch offline and in Airplane Mode. Is there a way to update said game? I am afraid that if I go online, I might get the big N banhammer, as well as update nags.

My second question is about Pokemon Sword/Shield and "The Shiny Shop". I was on Facebook earlier on my phone, and saw an ad for said shop. I guess you pay $10, and you get Pokemon Home Boxes filled with all(?) Pokemon, and Shiny Pokemon as well. Has anyone on here heard of this? Is it legit?

Thoughts and help appreciated :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I have 2 questions, both are Switch related:

I have an hackable Switch with the Physical gamecard version of Super Mario 3D All-Stars. I am wanting to update game with the update that added control inversion options. Thing is, I keep that Switch offline and in Airplane Mode. Is there a way to update said game? I am afraid that if I go online, I might get the big N banhammer, as well as update nags.

My second question is about Pokemon Sword/Shield and "The Shiny Shop". I was on Facebook earlier on my phone, and saw an ad for said shop. I guess you pay $10, and you get Pokemon Home Boxes filled with all(?) Pokemon, and Shiny Pokemon as well. Has anyone on here heard of this? Is it legit?

Thoughts and help appreciated :)
  1. You can illegally download the update in .NSP format then install it with a homebrew title manager
  2. It sounds like a scam especially because you can just make your own Shiny Pokemon with PKHex

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. You can illegally download the update in .NSP format then install it with a homebrew title manager
  2. It sounds like a scam especially because you can just make your own Shiny Pokemon with PKHex
Thanks for the info! For question 1, is that something worth doing, updating game with .nsp and title manager? If yes, which one do you recommend and is the process somewhat easy to do? Also, do I need to be in CFW to play physical gamecard with update applied?

Further thoughts and help appreciated :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info! For question 1, is that something worth doing, updating game with .nsp and title manager? If yes, which one do you recommend and is the process somewhat easy to do? Also, do I need to be in CFW to play physical gamecard with update applied?

Further thoughts and help appreciated :)
If you don't have one already, I always recommend all users TinWoo Installer as it is the one that I personally use and have never run into issues using. And if you're going be pirating the update, then you will have to be in CFW in order to play the game with the update. The only other way to obtain the update legitimately & without going online is by downloading it from another console locally.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows won't automatically split it for you unfortunately. You will have to use a separate tool to split it for you if you wish to restore your backup using a FAT32 SD card. Alternatively, you can temporarily format your SD card or use another one as exFAT to restore the backup without splitting. You don't have to worry about corruption if you're only using it with Hekate.
Can I just use 7zip to split it for FAT32 or do I have to use some tool from the scene?

eotter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I was trying to use my switch (already modded) and thinking I had successfully blocked my switch from connecting to Nintendo Servers I connected to my WiFi and it started updating games. After turning it off I tried loading fusee via TegraRCM and received the error:

Smashing the stack!
Smashed the stack with a 0x001f byte SETUP request!
Error while injecting payload (RC=-50)

My switch is of the first model which I've been using the tinfoil RCM jig exploit and to my understanding this is reversible someway.
if anyone could help I'd appreciate it immensely.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I was trying to use my switch (already modded) and thinking I had successfully blocked my switch from connecting to Nintendo Servers I connected to my WiFi and it started updating games. After turning it off I tried loading fusee via TegraRCM and received the error:

Smashing the stack!
Smashed the stack with a 0x001f byte SETUP request!
Error while injecting payload (RC=-50)

My switch is of the first model which I've been using the tinfoil RCM jig exploit and to my understanding this is reversible someway.
if anyone could help I'd appreciate it immensely.
That is an error which exclusively occurs with TegaRCMGUI. Its far more buggier than the program it was based on so I have no idea why everyone uses it. You should be using TegraRCMSmash instead as not only is it the original but is far easier to use and is less prone to bugs. You can download it from here. In case you don't know how to use it, instructions can be found on its GitHub page.

Allen-R

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
• When updating through Daybreak, only the emuNAND is affected & gamecard firmware stays intact right?
• If so, the only way to update the gamecard firmware is through the sysNAND's system settings?
• Is there a way to upgrade the gamecard firmware without burning its fuses? (and also a way to downgrade later on?)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
• When updating through Daybreak, only the emuNAND is affected & gamecard firmware stays intact right?

Whichever nand you are running on will be updated. Daybreak can do sys or emu. GC would Be updated but many folks have nogc settings to prevent it.

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/docs/features/configurations.md
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate#hekate-global-configuration-keysvalues-when-entry-is-config

• If so, the only way to update the gamecard firmware is through the sysNAND's system settings?

any updated FW run in any nand can update the GC.

• Is there a way to upgrade the gamecard firmware without burning its fuses? (and also a way to downgrade later on?)

Not that I’m aware of. It’s one way. Basically you won’t be able to go below FW 9.0…so not THAT big a deal.

Last edited by binkinator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.