Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Here's a question, I currently use my emummc to play my games, all backed up from my own carts (I have no interest in downloading). I have been wondering, can I copy my saves from my emummc to my real unhacked partition AND is it safe to do? Also, when new dlc comes out, If I download it on my legit partition, can I transfer that to my emummc?

oli200110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hey Guys!

My emuMMC doesn't boot up anymore, it seems to get stuck at the Nintendo Switch logo. I've checked everything multiple times now, and my folder structure, sigpatches, new updates, etc. seem to be right, so i'm guessing my FAT32 emuMMC must be corrupt...

Would that be the case? If so, can i somehow extract my game saves and maybe redo the whole partition again?

I am grateful for any answer by this point
Thanks in advance!

0nry0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3 questions if anyone could be so kind as to help.
1. How do I Install retroarch to the main. Titles screen like a game and not in the hbmenu.

2.i think I did the proper dns blocking. When I run the 90dns tester it tells me all the nintendo ones are blocked.so will that keep me safe from ban?

3.if I wanted to play "legit" I could just boot into the sysnand instead of emunand from hekate correct?

Thank you for taking the time to help me out.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait, so it's fine to go online even if the CAL0 & keys stuff (which is PRODINFO I think) don't work well?

you said either was fine:
[broken PRODINFO stuff][SX cleanup](slow) or [working PRODINFO stuff][no SX cleanup](instant)
Whoops, I forgot CAL0 was PRODINFO...

Anyway, if CAL0 is indeed corrupted, you shouldn't even be able to go online because it contains the certificate used to grant online access in the first place.You shouldn't get banned either as a broken PRODINFO is the whole basis of Incognito. You need an intact CAL0/PRODINFO in order to be able to go online.
Simple question: how does one upgrade the size of the sd card? Is it as simple as backing everything up on a pc and copy it back to another sd card? Or are there extra steps?

Using atmosphere no emunand or whatever.

Also what is the biggest size sd it will accept?
No, you have it right; it really is as simple as copying & pasting the files from one card to another. And the biggest size the Switch accepts is 2 TB which doesn't exist as of yet.
Here's a question, I currently use my emummc to play my games, all backed up from my own carts (I have no interest in downloading). I have been wondering, can I copy my saves from my emummc to my real unhacked partition AND is it safe to do? Also, when new dlc comes out, If I download it on my legit partition, can I transfer that to my emummc?
You can copy the saves but its not entirely safe to do so since the dates & such won't match so it might flag a ban. Also if you want to transfer DLC from your sysMMC to emuMMC, that would involve using homebrew which would then put your sysMMC at risk for a ban. Alternatively, you can remake the emuMMC after downloading the DLC on sysMMC but that would be a cumbersome process especially if you have to do it every time new DLC comes out.
Hey Guys!

My emuMMC doesn't boot up anymore, it seems to get stuck at the Nintendo Switch logo. I've checked everything multiple times now, and my folder structure, sigpatches, new updates, etc. seem to be right, so i'm guessing my FAT32 emuMMC must be corrupt...

Would that be the case? If so, can i somehow extract my game saves and maybe redo the whole partition again?

Thanks in advance!
There is a guide for retrieving games from emuMMC although I don't know how much luck you will have if its corrupted since if that's the case, the saves would be corrupted as well but its worth a shot.
I have 3 questions if anyone could be so kind as to help.
1. How do I Install retroarch to the main. Titles screen like a game and not in the hbmenu.

2.i think I did the proper dns blocking. When I run the 90dns tester it tells me all the nintendo ones are blocked.so will that keep me safe from ban?

3.if I wanted to play "legit" I could just boot into the sysnand instead of emunand from hekate correct?

Thank you for taking the time to help me out.
  1. You need an .NSP file of Retroarch. Unfortunately they stopped distributing one because they believed it would "cause bans" (even though Retroarch is a potential cause in of itself) plus title override achieves the same effect. You can make your own with this tool
  2. Technically speaking, 90DNS doesn't prevent bans; it delays them. In fact, all of the tools that supposedly "prevent" bans all do the same thing. Since they mimic a ban or, in more simpler terms, using Airplane Mode, you run the risk of being banned once you disable that tool.
  3. If you wanted to play "legit", you can only go online if you don't use any CFW or homebrew

Allen-R

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Whoops, I forgot CAL0 was PRODINFO...

Anyway, if CAL0 is indeed corrupted, you shouldn't even be able to go online because it contains the certificate used to grant online access in the first place.You shouldn't get banned either as a broken PRODINFO is the whole basis of Incognito. You need an intact CAL0/PRODINFO in order to be able to go online.
Ah ok. I have a sneaking suspicion tho, that it's only hekate not working well regarding CAL0.
Since I won't be able to get banned, it's prolly safe to just try going online to see if this works right?

If I can't go online, then I guess I'll just have to use the SX Gear one (which doesn't have the cleaning thing).
But if I do manage to get an online connection, then that'd be better since this path had the "Cleanup" thing applied.

edit: oh yeah, I forgot that SX 3.1.0 boot menu thing also has an OFW option.
Is hekate OFW safer compared to booting SX OFW?
(both with Cleanup run prior)

Last edited by Allen-R,

11tracer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ever been banned for editing/injecting Pokemon save files? I've been playing PLA on an emulator and I'd like to transfer my save to the sysNAND on my Switch with JKSV. I legally own the game and the save file is legitimate (technically - I did use PKHeX to change the nature of one Pokemon) as well. I know that there's technically always a risk of a ban when messing with CFW stuff on an online sysNAND - I'm just trying to get an idea of how high the risk might be in this case. I've seen talk of bans for messing with online games such as AC and Splatoon but I'm not sure about Pokemon.

I know PLA hasn't been out very long but I imagine people have been messing with saves for Let's Go, Sw/Sh, and BD/SP which are much more "online" than PLA given that they have PvP battles. Any reports of bans for messing (but not cheating) with the saves on any of these games?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ever been banned for editing/injecting Pokemon save files? I've been playing PLA on an emulator and I'd like to transfer my save to the sysNAND on my Switch with JKSV. I legally own the game and the save file is legitimate (technically - I did use PKHeX to change the nature of one Pokemon) as well. I know that there's technically always a risk of a ban when messing with CFW stuff on an online sysNAND - I'm just trying to get an idea of how high the risk might be in this case. I've seen talk of bans for messing with online games such as AC and Splatoon but I'm not sure about Pokemon.

I know PLA hasn't been out very long but I imagine people have been messing with saves for Let's Go, Sw/Sh, and BD/SP which are much more "online" than PLA given that they have PvP battles. Any reports of bans for messing (but not cheating) with the saves on any of these games?

Small to Moderate chance for inject save, you have a higher chance of getting ban for installing pirated copy, if you are worried get two units, one for online, one for hack/editing.

Reactions: binkinator

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok. I have a sneaking suspicion tho, that it's only hekate not working well regarding CAL0.
Since I won't be able to get banned, it's prolly safe to just try going online to see if this works right?

If I can't go online, then I guess I'll just have to use the SX Gear one (which doesn't have the cleaning thing).
But if I do manage to get an online connection, then that'd be better since this path had the "Cleanup" thing applied.

edit: oh yeah, I forgot that SX 3.1.0 boot menu thing also has an OFW option.
Is hekate OFW safer compared to booting SX OFW?
(both with Cleanup run prior)
Based on my data, Hekate's Stock option is safer than SX' OFW option although that may be due to the fact that piracy was more easily accessible with SX OS than Hekate so it may have skewed the numbers but since Hekate not only predates SX OS but has received constant support, its not that far-fetched of a belief.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup so the external hdd worked when I formatted to fat32. Never seen anything like this. I get why the sd card needs to be fat32 but why external usbs and connecting to pc cable ?

Could have been some other “corruption” that was throwing it off. “Formatting” is the solution for a lot of the issues on this channel. A lot of that comes from the fact that we aren’t working from official documentation sources and are making some educated guesses or something we’ve seen work before. In all reality, formatting to exfat might have cleared this issue as well But we’ve seen many more issues with it so we stick with recommending FAT32.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys!

Thanks in advance!

@Draxzelex is correct. You’re in a bad spot here.

Unless you’ve recently made changes such as updating FW or Atmosphere or Hekate or adding new sys-modules it’s corruption which is bad (tm).

You didn’t mention any of those so the words on the linked thread are appropriate for everyone:

Don't forget to regularly backup BOTH your SysNAND and EmuNAND…

edit: you DO mention new updates. What did you update? Did you update it before you started having issues or after?

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: oli200110

oli200110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
@Draxzelex is correct. You’re in a bad spot here.

Unless you’ve recently made changes such as updating FW or Atmosphere or Hekate or adding new sys-modules it’s corruption which is bad (tm).

You didn’t mention any of those so the words on the linked thread are appropriate for everyone:

Don't forget to regularly backup BOTH your SysNAND and EmuNAND…

edit: you DO mention new updates. What did you update? Did you update it before you started having issues or after?
I updated it successfully several times before bumping into this error. It worked after the update, but then it got stuck on the boot screen one day. I assumed it was me doing something wrong (such as mixing up payloads, etc), as it happened a month prior, but this is not the case...

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated it successfully several times before bumping into this error. It worked after the update, but then it got stuck on the boot screen one day. I assumed it was me doing something wrong (such as mixing up payloads, etc), as it happened a month prior, but this is not the case...
What versions are you on (FW, Atmo, Hekate) and what does your hekate_ipl.ini look like?

oli200110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
What versions are you on (FW, Atmo, Hekate) and what does your hekate_ipl.ini look like?
FW: 13.2.1, hekate: 5.7.0, atmo: 1.2.6

[config] autoboot=0 autoboot_list=0 bootwait=0 verification=1 backlight=100 autohosoff=0 autonogc=0 updater2p=0 [Atmosphere - sysMMC] fss0=atmosphere/package3 kip1patch=nosigchk atmosphere=1 emummc_force_disable=1 icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp [CFW - emuMMC] fss0=atmosphere/package3 kip1patch=nosigchk atmosphere=1 emummcforce=1 icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp [Original - sysMMC] fss0=atmosphere/package3 stock=1 emummc_force_disable=1 icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first option.
i need to get this right because my fuses are ok for my 7.0 backup and I hear that in the future it may lead to getting the best features.

hekate says to boot CFW sysnand, CFW emunand, OFW Sysnand correct?

OFW is safe on a clean backup? It won’t burn fuses ? Or do you run clean CFW sysnand

I got my emunand working last night but only the cartridge dumps worked (I had no Nintendo folder yet just testing synand games ) but tinfoil downloaded game made me redownload it. Do I have to redownload all my sysnand games to get them to work in emu nand ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need to get this right because my fuses are ok for my 7.0 backup and I hear that in the future it may lead to getting the best features.

hekate says to boot CFW sysnand, CFW emunand, OFW Sysnand correct?

OFW is safe on a clean backup? It won’t burn fuses ? Or do you run clean CFW sysnand

I got my emunand working last night but only the cartridge dumps worked (I had no Nintendo folder yet just testing synand games ) but tinfoil downloaded game made me redownload it. Do I have to redownload all my sysnand games to get them to work in emu nand ?
Launching with the stock Switch bootloader is what causes fuses to be burnt. In laymen's terms, booting the console normally will burn fuses. Hekate is a custom bootloader so it will not burn fuses unless either the developer accidentally reverts that or someone else creates a Hekate lookalike that burns fuses.

As for the games, by default, emuMMC comes with its own Nintendo folder but its blank. From here, you have 2 options: either use the same Nintendo folder for sysMMC & emuMMC or make a copy of the Nintendo folder that sysMMC uses as a basis for emuMMC. The first option isn't favored because some people believe that they risk getting banned this way since pirated games in emuMMC will also be in that folder but that belief is dumbfounded since both legitimate and pirated games appear identical in Nintendo folders. The second option allows you to have a different library of games for both systems but it will wind up eating more space on your SD card. Either option is fine though.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Launching with the stock Switch bootloader is what causes fuses to be burnt. In laymen's terms, booting the console normally will burn fuses. Hekate is a custom bootloader so it will not burn fuses unless either the developer accidentally reverts that or someone else creates a Hekate lookalike that burns fuses.

As for the games, by default, emuMMC comes with its own Nintendo folder but its blank. From here, you have 2 options: either use the same Nintendo folder for sysMMC & emuMMC or make a copy of the Nintendo folder that sysMMC uses as a basis for emuMMC. The first option isn't favored because some people believe that they risk getting banned this way since pirated games in emuMMC will also be in that folder but that belief is dumbfounded since both legitimate and pirated games appear identical in Nintendo folders. The second option allows you to have a different library of games for both systems but it will wind up eating more space on your SD card. Either option is fine though.
so auto rcm protects my fuses at all times. Just keep it on and hekate can boot OFW than do NSO FW updates eshop and game updates right.

i am copying over a large Nintendo folder now. Over usb2.0 it’s slow. But the games I had in sysnand are not working on my emunand. Well the cartridge dump did. But other game made me redownload. Is there a dis or have to redownload all my sysnand games.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so auto rcm protects my fuses at all times. Just keep it on and hekate can boot OFW than do NSO FW updates eshop and game updates right.

i am copying over a large Nintendo folder now. Over usb2.0 it’s slow. But the games I had in sysnand are not working on my emunand. Well the cartridge dump did. But other game made me redownload. Is there a dis or have to redownload all my sysnand games.
My second paragraph explains the issue; your emuMMC has a blank Nintendo folder by default. The Nintendo folder used by sysMMC isn't copied over when emuMMC is created. I listed the potential fixes. And the reason cartridge games work is because those are not installed to the system.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My second paragraph explains the issue; your emuMMC has a blank Nintendo folder by default. The Nintendo folder used by sysMMC isn't copied over when emuMMC is created. I listed the potential fixes. And the reason cartridge games work is because those are not installed to the system.
before I set up emunand I had system memory and sd card memory. I understand what your saying applies to the games on SD card in the Nintendo folder. But isn’t it different for the games that were in system memory? When I migrated to emunand shouldn’t the games that were in system memory still work even with out the Nintendo folder? The cartidge games that work are ones that were dumped to system memory.

Last edited by blaisedinsd,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FW: 13.2.1, hekate: 5.7.0, atmo: 1.2.6

[config] autoboot=0 autoboot_list=0 bootwait=0 verification=1 backlight=100 autohosoff=0 autonogc=0 updater2p=0 [Atmosphere - sysMMC] fss0=atmosphere/package3 kip1patch=nosigchk atmosphere=1 emummc_force_disable=1 icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp [CFW - emuMMC] fss0=atmosphere/package3 kip1patch=nosigchk atmosphere=1 emummcforce=1 icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp [Original - sysMMC] fss0=atmosphere/package3 stock=1 emummc_force_disable=1 icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

Was hoping you missed the fusee-bin changes or something. No dice.

Had to look this var up cause I don’t use it but everything else looks right:

atmosphere=1Enables Atmosphère patching. Not needed when fss0 is used.

edit: lets try a last ditch effort…

try downloading fusee.bin from the Atmosphere release page and then adding this to your hekate_ipl.ini (make sure you adjust the location of your fusee.bin). Might have to give it an icon as well…give it something that stands out so we don’t mix things up.

[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
emummcforce=1
kip1=atmosphere/kip_patches/*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock