Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Sovikos

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hekate ipl goes in bootloader folder. typically people put payloads such as hekate 5.6.5, in bootloader/payloads. homebrew nros go in the switch folder.

nintendo folder is for stock stuff, photos, videos, legit obtained eshop stuff, ect.
emutendo folder is installed games for sx os emunand.
emummc is atmosphere emunand. not sure what that er00 folder is, possibly from migrating sx os emunand to atmosphere one?

if you used online in ofw then you dont have incognito setup on sysnand as ofw and cfw sysnand are shared. so yes nintendo will know you used cfw. however if thats all you did, you'll likely be fine. Many people including myself play online in cfw, have been for years. its mostly pirated games installed, cheating in competitive games or the occasional anch screw up that gets you banned in a online cfw nand. I wouldnt worry about it, especially as theres nothing you can do to change it,
Awesome thanks!

The hekate ipl in my root just shows this. Not sure why or how it got in there, or even when.
[stock_DANGEROUS]
[PreventGCUpdate]
kip1patch=nogc

As for the root structure, now I seem to know what most of the folders are now, except these ones:
1641600007699.png

This has already helped cleaning this thing up.

EDIT - Umm I think the hbmenu.nro has to stay in root lol. I can't seem to get into hbmenu from the album anymore now after I moved it into /switch/ lol

Last edited by Sovikos,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I'm fucked... BoTW wasn't in ReverseNx, but the settings of other games were still there...
Well that is the reality of having a hacked console. You should have accepted that a ban was always possible the moment you hacked it.
Awesome thanks!

The hekate ipl in my root just shows this. Not sure why or how it got in there, or even when.
[stock_DANGEROUS]
[PreventGCUpdate]
kip1patch=nogc

As for the root structure, now I seem to know what most of the folders are now, except these ones:

This has already helped cleaning this thing up.
/backup contains any files dumped using Hekate. /config, /ftpd, & /modules are outdated folders that used to be used when Atmosphere was more modular. Exosphere.ini contains some settings used by Atmosphere. Keep the hekate_ipl.ini file on the root of your SD card. And never just replace the files when updating, delete the old ones first then put the new files on the SD card.

Sovikos

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well that is the reality of having a hacked console. You should have accepted that a ban was always possible the moment you hacked it.

/backup contains any files dumped using Hekate. /config, /ftpd, & /modules are outdated folders that used to be used when Atmosphere was more modular. Exosphere.ini contains some settings used by Atmosphere. Keep the hekate_ipl.ini file on the root of your SD card. And never just replace the files when updating, delete the old ones first then put the new files on the SD card.
Oh so I can probably just delete those folders then? I'll move them off for now and keep a backup just in case. As for just replacing old files, I got that mixed up with Hekate, which they say to do, not Atmosphere, so got that wrong.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh so I can probably just delete those folders then? I'll move them off for now and keep a backup just in case. As for just replacing old files, I got that mixed up with Hekate, which they say to do, not Atmosphere, so got that wrong.
You can delete the /config, /ftpd, & /modules folders. Updating Hekate is an exception because its designed for you to just drag and drop the new folders onto the SD card.

dysphoria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What is the safest temperature for an overclocked Switch in dock? I'm usually playing with 1224MHz CPU, 921MHz GPU and 1600MHz RAM. The highest temperature I got with this (playing SMTV with a mod) is 65.8°C.
Also, it is recommended to max all settings in dock? If not, what is the best overclock for dock? I read somewhere that 1224Mhz CPU is enough.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, what ??? You can overclock a Switch ??? Why would you want to ?
Yes ofcourse you can overclock a CFW Switch, using a homebrew app called sys-clk. I use it often for many games that are "sluggish" on stock, like GTA. You can even under clock it to save battery, for some simple games.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sys-clk-under-overclocking-sysmodule.531372/
What is the safest temperature for an overclocked Switch in dock? I'm usually playing with 1224MHz CPU, 921MHz GPU and 1600MHz RAM. The highest temperature I got with this (playing SMTV with a mod) is 65.8°C.
Also, it is recommended to max all settings in dock? If not, what is the best overclock for dock? I read somewhere that 1224Mhz CPU is enough.
Those temps are a little high but not worry-some. It's been a debatable subject of max temps and damage for years. Some claim it shortens the life, some say it doesn't. If you are concerned with temps you can replace the thermal paste inside the switch to help. (Or take it to a repair center to do this). As far as how much to overclock, I'd say do small increments per game till it runs smooth, then save that to a profile. No need to run Full overclock all the time for all games.

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: smudgester

Laraid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So after trying to install a game using Tinfoil for the first time I got one of those Atmosphere crashes, but when I try to boot up my emuMMC I get the "Unknown pkg1 version. HOS version not supported! Trying backup bootloader..." error. I've tried doing some of the suggestions I found throught my search (updating sigpatches, removing my atmosphere folder and replacing it with a new one, same with sept folder) but I have yet to fix this. I read that reformating my SD card and starting over would be the best thing I could do to fix this. My question is, what (if any) are the folder I can possibly backup then to keep my games and save files?

jigoku99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been banned by using ReverseNx? I left activated in emunand but after booting CFW sysnand the settings were still there :/

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after trying to install a game using Tinfoil for the first time I got one of those Atmosphere crashes, but when I try to boot up my emuMMC I get the "Unknown pkg1 version. HOS version not supported! Trying backup bootloader..." error. I've tried doing some of the suggestions I found throught my search (updating sigpatches, removing my atmosphere folder and replacing it with a new one, same with sept folder) but I have yet to fix this. I read that reformating my SD card and starting over would be the best thing I could do to fix this. My question is, what (if any) are the folder I can possibly backup then to keep my games and save files?
Have you tried updating the bootloader folder? If not, download the latest Hekate then drag & drop the new bootloader folder over the old one.
Has anyone been banned by using ReverseNx? I left activated in emunand but after booting CFW sysnand the settings were still there :/
We have a banning thread.

dysphoria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Those temps are a little high but not worry-some. It's been a debatable subject of max temps and damage for years. Some claim it shortens the life, some say it doesn't. If you are concerned with temps you can replace the thermal paste inside the switch to help. (Or take it to a repair center to do this). As far as how much to overclock, I'd say do small increments per game till it runs smooth, then save that to a profile. No need to run Full overclock all the time for all games.

Is it probable that an external fan or a modded dock cool down the heat provoked by the overclock?

Last edited by dysphoria,

Laraid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried updating the bootloader folder? If not, download the latest Hekate then drag & drop the new bootloader folder over the old one.

We have a banning thread.
Just tried replacing the bootloader folder, and the problem persists. Here's a snip of the error:

IMG_20220108_143317.jpg

From that ('{F}V:') I'm gonna assume something is corrupted.

VooDooDollKiler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Animal Crossing on my switch but it wont let me play it. When I click on it, it tells me I need to be on the internet. If i connect to internet it says I do not own the game and wont play. How do I fix this?

StevenQ

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Xecuter SX Pro on SXOS V3.0.5. I upgraded to 13.1 using choidujour and then wanted to revert to a previous nand I had, I used the tools on the SX menu to install the nand. Unfortunately, when I boot up the switch I get to the SX menu and I can't boot either the switch with or without cfw. I looked it up and it said I may have a fuse mismatch, is there anything I can do to remedy this, just to get the switch back up and running?

Thanks.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried replacing the bootloader folder, and the problem persists. Here's a snip of the error:

View attachment 292871

From that ('{F}V:') I'm gonna assume something is corrupted.
Does launching CFW on sysMMC work?
I installed Animal Crossing on my switch but it wont let me play it. When I click on it, it tells me I need to be on the internet. If i connect to internet it says I do not own the game and wont play. How do I fix this?
I'm assuming you are using Atmosphere. The developers of Atmosphere are strictly anti-piracy so installing any pirated content with vanilla Atmosphere will not work. You need to add special patches in order to be able to install and launch pirated backups. You can download them from this thread.
Hi all,

I have a Xecuter SX Pro on SXOS V3.0.5. I upgraded to 13.1 using choidujour and then wanted to revert to a previous nand I had, I used the tools on the SX menu to install the nand. Unfortunately, when I boot up the switch I get to the SX menu and I can't boot either the switch with or without cfw. I looked it up and it said I may have a fuse mismatch, is there anything I can do to remedy this, just to get the switch back up and running?

Thanks.
SX OS is dead so you should consider moving to Atmosphere. Atmosphere may even be able to boot up your console. Also, ChoiDujour only supports up to firmware 6.1. Its even stated here.

StevenQ

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply Draxzelex, I upgraded to 13.1 firmware not a bother with Choidujour, it booted up and everything but I installed a previous nand I had created when I first got Xecutor SX Pro and when I installed that it caused the issue. I don't think I can upgrade to Atmosphere as I checked my serial number and it is patched. So if at all possible I'd just like to get the switch up and running again even on official firmware but I'm unsure how to go about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT-Cy-hap_Q