Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the best jig to get for a Switch? Links would be helpful.

RCM Loader One and NS Atmosphere Dongles are you popular one, but they really hard to find now a day because of Nintendo, best of luck finding one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

some friends came over last night and we got HIGH as F**k and attempted to update my switch setup. we got the 'nogc' flag figured out booted in official mode and updated The switch OFW to the latest with success then we got lost. the last time i touched this unit it was on 8.* and I have to relearn some shit. LIKE...
why was there two versions of sigpatchs and atmosphere when I did this in the first place?

There are two bootloaders so there are two set of patches, one is for people who were fusee-primary users and one was for hekate/fss0 build users.

Switch is in RCM, as mentioned in my first post to this problem. libusbk 3.0.7.0 is installed and running. Not working as I said.

If you already tried different cables, different computer perhaps the problem is the usb c port on the switch.

If I wanted to mod botw, but use a cartridge, how would I do it?

using a cartridge would be like just using a xci file, so you still need a unit that is on CFW and have access to the mod files.

Reactions: PhyChris

PhyChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cool, thanks! I can remember injecting 'fusee-primary' at the time it was the only way i could get my LEGIT botw backup to run. I purposely keep my CartSlot empty so it's pins stay nice and springy while my cart and its case stay unstealable in my closet. Zelda is the only game i own so i dont need some big pile of sigpatches or anything, Just point or PM me to a good tut

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, thanks! I can remember injecting 'fusee-primary' at the time it was the only way i could get my LEGIT botw backup to run. I purposely keep my CartSlot empty so it's pins stay nice and springy while my cart and its case stay unstealable in my closet. Zelda is the only game i own so i dont need some big pile of sigpatches or anything, Just point or PM me to a good tut

https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases

patches are based on bootloader you use, if you used fusee it fusee patches, if it is hekate/fss0 it is hekate patch. Chainloading fusee from hekate would make bootloader as fusee, you should understand in general what each bootloader and what each pack of signature patches do.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-to-choose-which-atmosphere-patches-to-use-on-switch-fw-10.563886/

Cyan wrote a good guide explaining stuffs so it is a good idea to check it out, keep in mind fusee-primary.bin has been replace by fusee.bin and fusee secondary.bin has been replace by package3, refers to Atmosphere 1.0.0 change logs.

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/tag/1.0.0

Reactions: PhyChris

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases

patches are based on bootloader you use, if you used fusee it fusee patches, if it is hekate/fss0 it is hekate patch. Chainloading fusee from hekate would make bootloader as fusee, you should understand in general what each bootloader and what each pack of signature patches do.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-to-choose-which-atmosphere-patches-to-use-on-switch-fw-10.563886/

Cyan wrote a good guide explaining stuffs so it is a good idea to check it out, keep in mind fusee-primary.bin has been replace by fusee.bin and fusee secondary.bin has been replace by package3, refers to Atmosphere 1.0.0 change logs.

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/tag/1.0.0
The patches on ITotalJustice's github are the same now (fusee.zip and hekate.zip). He changed that when Blawar removed the Hekate check in Tinfoil. See his comments here: https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases/tag/12.1.0-0.19.5-r2

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Hayato213,

Pacpun

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have Lite and I want to migrate from SXOS (emunand, files on the card) to Atmo. Which folders are essential on the SD card? I want to delete other files which aren't important to free up space and to have a "clean" start. I don't care about saves etc.

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Incidentally, I'm attempting to migrate SX OS to Amosphere myself. I'm following this guide, latest files used, all exactly as per the guide: https://rentry.org/mys8q

I'm getting the dreaded "failed to locate warmboot" when trying to boot into Atmo. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here?

Pacpun

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Second question. When migrating I missed this command at the very end "Select emuMMC in the main menu, then select Migrate emuMMC and finally select emunand. Once it's done, select Close." (Guide from rentry site) and I pressed launch -> Atmosphere. The system booted up with aeroplane mode. I switched off, went into menu and selected migrate emuMMC option. I got information saying something like emunand files found and if I want to replace them. I completed the process. Did I just f**k up my sysnand or it booted into emunand?

Last edited by Pacpun,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Lite and I want to migrate from SXOS (emunand, files on the card) to Atmo. Which folders are essential on the SD card? I want to delete other files which aren't important to free up space and to have a "clean" start. I don't care about saves etc.
The only "essential" folder that is used by both CFW is the /switch folder as it contains all of your homebrew applications/
Incidentally, I'm attempting to migrate SX OS to Amosphere myself. I'm following this guide, latest files used, all exactly as per the guide: https://rentry.org/mys8q

I'm getting the dreaded "failed to locate warmboot" when trying to boot into Atmo. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here?
Is this error occurring when you try to boot your emuMMC?
Hi, i want to convert .NRO to .NSP on my switch 12.1.0 ans atms 1.0.0.

Can anyone help me?
Have you tried using NRO2NSP?
Second question. When migrating I missed this command at the very end "Select emuMMC in the main menu, then select Migrate emuMMC and finally select emunand. Once it's done, select Close." (Guide from rentry site) and I pressed launch -> Atmosphere. The system booted up with aeroplane mode. I switched off, went into menu and selected migrate emuMMC option. I got information saying something like emunand files found and if I want to replace them. I completed the process. Did I just f**k up my sysnand or it booted into emunand?
I've never heard of that error but it sounds like it tried to boot emuMMC, failed, and possibly fixed itself.

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Yes.

When I try to launch the fix I get a "failed to match warmboot with fuses" - it boots into OFW once I ignore that (and yes, sleep mode indeed does not work), but it doesn't really do or fix anything - same error crops up when I try booting to Atmosphere again.

If it matters, I can't seem to reboot and boot into OFW from Hekate when I try that, either. OFW at 10.2.0.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.

When I try to launch the fix I get a "failed to match warmboot with fuses" - it boots into OFW once I ignore that (and yes, sleep mode indeed does not work), but it doesn't really do or fix anything - same error crops up when I try booting to Atmosphere again.

If it matters, I can't seem to reboot and boot into OFW from Hekate when I try that, either. OFW at 10.2.0.
Does the same error occur when you try to boot CFW on sysMMC?

FloridaMan79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surprised to see a whole number 1 update available for atmosphere through All-in-one updater homebrew app and made the mistake of updating it through the app. Once it rebooted it just gave me the panic message everytime it reboots. So I panicked and tried to fix my FU by following SD prepartion_NH Switch Guide and copy most updated files. It allowed me to boot into SYS CFW and seemed to have lost my EMUMMC. Any recommendations how to recover and update my EMUMMC? How do you properly update atmosphere on EMUMMC File Type without repeating this FU?

ElkinGuns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only "essential" folder that is used by both CFW is the /switch folder as it contains all of your homebrew applications/
Have you tried using NRO2NSP?
I've never heard of that error but it sounds like it tried to boot emuMMC, failed, and possibly fixed itself.

doesnt work in firmware 12.1 only 11.00 or lower

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather avoid trying that route, frankly, so I don't know...
Well I believe the issue stems from a lack of a cached/dumped warmboot which the CFW, Atmosphere, does automatically. But if you cannot boot emuMMC to dump it, then your only other option is to boot CFW on sysMMC to dump it. And before you ask, no that cannot be shared on this forum.
Surprised to see a whole number 1 update available for atmosphere through All-in-one updater homebrew app and made the mistake of updating it through the app. Once it rebooted it just gave me the panic message everytime it reboots. So I panicked and tried to fix my FU by following SD prepartion_NH Switch Guide and copy most updated files. It allowed me to boot into SYS CFW and seemed to have lost my EMUMMC. Any recommendations how to recover and update my EMUMMC? How do you properly update atmosphere on EMUMMC File Type without repeating this FU?
If you do not have a backup of your emuMMC, then you cannot recover it. To properly update Atmosphere is the same process regardless if you are using emuMMC or sysMMC; delete the old CFW files/folders and place the new ones on the SD card. Next time, do not use the AIO Updater app. They have always been known to be buggy and many other people have had issues after using it so I would stay away from it as well as any similar applications.

doesnt work in firmware 12.1 only 11.00 or lower
My mistake. It would appear someone made a new one for the higher firmware versions here.

Kermit00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it possible to simply copy emummc to sysmmc (both are on same fw)? I don't want to use emummc anymore, because my SD is to slow. I also don't need a "clean" sysmmc, because I don't use online services.

Pacpun

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Firstly, I started atmo without migrating emummc (I didn't do that in the menu, just launched atmo) and I'm wondering if it started on the sysnand and if the sysnand is "dirty" or flagged by N now or it started on the emunand somehow (I had emunand created for sxos) - I want to have clean sysnad. That error/information (which isn't mentioned in the guide) occurred when I switched off device with atmo and went into menu once again, to migrate emummc (which should I do before starting atmo).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.