Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Judo-Throw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have a bit of a problem. I'd like to have my Fire Emblem Three Houses save file to be playable on Yuzu, but I'm on a Patched fully updated Firmware, is there a service that exists anywhere so I that someone might be able to retrieve my save file for me? I own a physical cartridge of the game if that matters. And I also subscribed and backed up my save file to the cloud using the online service in hopes that someone could assist.

I own a CFW switch, but it doesn't work anymore.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have a bit of a problem. I'd like to have my Fire Emblem Three Houses save file to be playable on Yuzu, but I'm on a Patched fully updated Firmware, is there a service that exists anywhere so I that someone might be able to retrieve my save file for me? I own a physical cartridge of the game if that matters. And I also subscribed and backed up my save file to the cloud using the online service in hopes that someone could assist.

I own a CFW switch, but it doesn't work anymore.

You need CFW on that patched unit which requires a sx core to get access to your save data. You could transfer your account to an unpatched unit and hack via Fusee Gelee exploit.

Judo-Throw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need CFW on that patched unit which requires a sx core to get access to your save data. You could transfer your account to an unpatched unit and hack via Fusee Gelee exploit.
I appreciate your answer. I spent about 2 hours researching it and came to the same conclusion, the thing is I'm very familiar with the whole 3DS CFW scene (about a dozen 3ds variants w/ no bans), but barely had hands on time with my old switch so I'm worried about the risks of getting my account and/or console banned. I understand there's a much larger chance of that happening on the Switch. Was hoping I could find a paid service that wouldn't involve me going through eBay sellers to have it transfered to my PC, only because I'm not sure if eBay blocks download links. I'm sure I've already found a seller who could most likely do it (on eBay, to be clear).

But, yeah! I just didn't want to fork over ~$300 to get my save out is the whole reason behind this. Thanks for taking the time to respond to me, appreciate it. If worst comes to worst I'll just keep playing through Yuzu with my newest save, no biggie.

rob61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moved from OFW 10.2 using SX OS to updating console to 12.1 and installing Atmosphere. I used hekate to set up an emunand, then backed it up (from same SD card as was used under SX OS). I'm still trying to get games installed using TinFoil (I have a lot of XCI and some NSP). Two questions:
1. Because I use Fat32, files have to be split for over 4 gig (most games) so I used SAK to split. However, I can't install those split games with TinFoil. When I find the file and click "A", it just opens showing me data instead of giving me the choice of "install". How do I install games with split files using TinFoil?
2. I did not delete any older files from when I was using SX OS. Does that cause an issue? Do I need to delete some? I don't plan to go back to SX OS. When I open Tinfoil and then "Payloads", it shows 5 items, first is SX OS and "Best CFW as description". Atmosphere (Sysnand) and Atmosphere (memeunand) are described as "Worst CFW". Is this some coder's joke? Hekate is "Really bad bootloader". Do I need to delete the boot.dat or license file from SX OS?

Oh yeah, I was wanting to play Mario Golf, but that doesn't install either. I now have my Switch (original unpatched) running 12.1.0. I thought that would run it. What do I need to do?

I noticed that the progress bar shoing install on the few 4 gig games never finished, but I could open and play them. Mario Tennis is listed in the "Incomplete" section but it opens. Not sure what is going on. Very slow to install, seems stalled but I can exit the screen.
Thanks!

Last edited by rob61,

elohim1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone,
I have a 64gb sdcard and there is not enough free space to do a nandbackup (I have Atmpsphere on emunand).
Is there some utility to do the backup in an external device like usb pendrive?

Thank you in advance.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Moved from OFW 10.2 using SX OS to updating console to 12.1 and installing Atmosphere. I used hekate to set up an emunand, then backed it up (from same SD card as was used under SX OS). I'm still trying to get games installed using TinFoil (I have a lot of XCI and some NSP). Two questions:
1. Because I use Fat32, files have to be split for over 4 gig (most games) so I used SAK to split. However, I can't install those split games with TinFoil. When I find the file and click "A", it just opens showing me data instead of giving me the choice of "install". How do I install games with split files using TinFoil?
2. I did not delete any older files from when I was using SX OS. Does that cause an issue? Do I need to delete some? I don't plan to go back to SX OS. When I open Tinfoil and then "Payloads", it shows 5 items, first is SX OS and "Best CFW as description". Atmosphere (Sysnand) and Atmosphere (memeunand) are described as "Worst CFW". Is this some coder's joke? Hekate is "Really bad bootloader". Do I need to delete the boot.dat or license file from SX OS?

Oh yeah, I was wanting to play Mario Golf, but that doesn't install either. I now have my Switch (original unpatched) running 12.1.0. I thought that would run it. What do I need to do?

I noticed that the progress bar shoing install on the few 4 gig games never finished, but I could open and play them. Mario Tennis is listed in the "Incomplete" section but it opens. Not sure what is going on. Very slow to install, seems stalled but I can exit the screen.
Thanks!
1. You can install the games over network from your PC or from a USB drive attached to the switch/dock.
2. It's just files on your SD card. If you don't use SX OS the only benefit in removing the files is a cleaner SD card with a little bit more free space.

Hello everyone,
I have a 64gb sdcard and there is not enough free space to do a nandbackup (I have Atmpsphere on emunand).
Is there some utility to do the backup in an external device like usb pendrive?

Thank you in advance.
Hekate detects if you don't hae enough free space for a backup. Then it will backup as much as it can. Then move the backup files to your computer and perform the backup again. Hekate will then continue where it left off. At some point it will be done and you have a complete backup in multple files.
For more info see the section 'Making a NAND backup' here: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/making_emummc/

Reactions: rob61 and elohim1

rockerzz182

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!Ive downloaded Graveyard Keeper using Tinfoil directly to my switch but everytime i booted the game it always says "Unable to start software. Return to home menu". Thats the only game that ive downloaded that has that kind of problem. Is there a way to fix that? Thanks.

Im using this.
Firmware 11.0.1|Atmosphere M.18.1|S

subydu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
attempting to update emuNAND ofw from 9.2.0 to 12.1.0 completely offline, running atmosphere 0.19.5/hekate 5.5.8

Placed the 12.1.0 file folder on the root of the SD but when launching Daybreak it doesn't show up as an installation option, does the file need to be moved into another folder on the SD or do I need to perform some other step to get it visible?

Last edited by subydu,

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
attempting to update emuNAND ofw from 9.2.0 to 12.1.0 completely offline, running atmosphere 0.19.5/hekate 5.5.8

Placed the 12.1.0 file folder on the root of the SD but when launching Daybreak it doesn't show up as an installation option, does the file need to be moved into another folder on the SD or do I need to perform some other step to get it visible?
When you write "file" do you mean the zip file you downloaded or have you extracted the files inside the zip file to a folder on the SD card?

Manya3084

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I bought a job lot of broken switches, and a couple of them are parental locked.

Is it possible, with a mod chip, to install it, obtain the device ID, then remove the mod chip and put it back to stock?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if i can use Ntag215 in a non-moded switch?

yes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there a guide how i can switch my v1 board to a v2 switch?

There is no benefit, and if you switch board, you might run into the case of your touchscreen not working due to different cart reader slot.

Veralyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There is no benefit, and if you switch board, you might run into the case of your touchscreen not working due to different cart reader slot.

The v1 switch i bought is in rough condition (Broken touch/scratches and whatnot) so i thought i could easily swap my v1 board to a mint condition v2 :(

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Veralyn

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a job lot of broken switches, and a couple of them are parental locked.

Is it possible, with a mod chip, to install it, obtain the device ID, then remove the mod chip and put it back to stock?
Yes as long as you make an eMMC backup as soon as you install the chip then restore it right before removing the chip.

Reactions: Manya3084

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk