Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a original unpatched switch running 8.1.0 firmware, and 2 256gb microSD cards. 1 has a 10.1.0 emunand and the other 11.0.1emunand.

How can i update the 10.1.0 to 11.0.1? Just copy some files from 1 sd to the other? I dont really care to update to 12.1.0 until there is a game id like to play that will require it.

What is the biggest microSd card that the switch is compatible with? 1tb 2 tb?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any nxmtp-like app that can run on atmosphere 19.5?
And which edizon would work for atmos 19.5? The last edizon i downloaded doesn't work.
Hekate has a UMS feature that allows you to move files via USB. I also believe the creator of EdiZon stopped updating their app. You can use Checkpoint instead for the purposes of save management.
I have a original unpatched switch running 8.1.0 firmware, and 2 256gb microSD cards. 1 has a 10.1.0 emunand and the other 11.0.1emunand.

How can i update the 10.1.0 to 11.0.1? Just copy some files from 1 sd to the other? I dont really care to update to 12.1.0 until there is a game id like to play that will require it.

What is the biggest microSd card that the switch is compatible with? 1tb 2 tb?
If its a file-based emuMMC, its as simple as copying the files over. If its partition-based, you will have to use Hekate to backup the emuMMC first then restore it with Hekate as well onto the new SD card. And the biggest SD card the Switch supports is 2 TB but that doesn't exist yet.

Reactions: kambeeeng

goamn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
The Switch stopped working with CFW because the Switch's system version was updated to 12.x. You need to update Hekate and Atmosphere in order to get CFW working again. You can also reinstall AutoRCM using Hekate.
  • Hekate: github CTCaer/hekate/releases/latest
  • Atmosphere: github Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/latest
  • Signature patches: github ITotalJustice/patches/releases/latest
Thanks for the help, I've updated everything with all those links for the SD card. How do I update the USB/RCMloader?

Also I can't see any Hekate screens after disabling the AutoCRM, how do I get back to that screen? Do I have to use some hardware pins/paperclips? Is there a PC alternative?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help, I've updated everything with all those links for the SD card. How do I update the USB/RCMloader?

Also I can't see any Hekate screens after disabling the AutoCRM, how do I get back to that screen? Do I have to use some hardware pins/paperclips? Is there a PC alternative?
You have to enter RCM using a jig of some sort (like a paperclip), and you have to load Hekate or another payload using either a USB connection to a computer or a USB dongle. Once you're back in Hekate, you can reinstall AutoRCM.

How you update your USB dongle depends on which one you have. However, these dongles aren't meant to have to be updated. If you have been using Hekate, then you can rename the latest Hekate bin as "update.bin" and put it in the bootloader folder on your SD card. By doing this, the USB dongle (if it has Hekate on it) will load the updated version on the SD card.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: goamn

goamn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
You have to enter RCM using a jig of some sort (like a paperclip), and you have to load Hekate or another payload using either a USB connection to a computer or a USB dongle. Once you're back in Hekate, you can reinstall AutoRCM.

How you update your USB dongle depends on which one you have. However, these dongles aren't meant to have to be updated. If you have been using Hekate, then you can rename the latest Hekate bin as "update.bin" and put it in the bootloader folder on your SD card. By doing this, the USB dongle (if it has Hekate on it) will load the updated version on the SD card.
Thanks for the help! It's up and running now. I realised that I had a custom jig piggy-backed on my RCMloader but didn't realise it until I was staring at it on a webpage . I was getting an error as the RCMloader was now outdated so I realised what to do after reading another post to update it:
"then connect it to your pc, and replace the payload.bin in the atmosphere folder with the latest fusee-primary (rename to payload.bin)"
Also, getting it to load from atmosphere/hekate required the "blue light", which was explained inside the Readme file on the RCMloader, had to fiddle around on it to get it to work. Then I finally turned AutoRCM back on and sent the new payload and all seems to be working fine.

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Are all switch Lite consoles Mariko revisions? If so, does that mean that they are more efficient with power consumption thus using less battery?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There has been zero progress, and you shouldn't exact any anytime soon. If you want to hack your Switch, get an exploitable model or install a TX modchip.
i dont, im just curious whats happening on the scene.
Is there anyone trying to hack it, anywhere to watch the progress, updatres?

stefanbk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You appear to have a few misunderstandings about CFW. First, CFW are just files on your SD card; CFW is never installed to the system. Therefore updating CFW is as simple as updating the files on your SD card. But when it comes to updating the files, it is better to remove the old files and folders first before placing the new ones because simply overwriting them won't remove outdated files/folders. Secondly, since CFW are just files on your SD card, it has no effect on save data which is stored within the console. Thirdly, and this is moreso for your own knowledge, your eMMC backup is in case your console gets bricked or has another issue that cannot be resolved by other means.

Haku33 is a homebrew program that artificially "cleans" the console but since it is done artificially, it is not foolproof. In fact, someone has already been banned after using it.

hey, I think I somehow found my original prod.key from my old nand that I lost. Is there an option to use them?(to get a "cleaner" nand)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are all switch Lite consoles Mariko revisions? If so, does that mean that they are more efficient with power consumption thus using less battery?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i dont, im just curious whats happening on the scene.
Is there anyone trying to hack it, anywhere to watch the progress, updatres?
You can find what you're looking for here:
https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Switch_System_Flaws

Nobody has had any success with newer hardware revisions. Hardware exploits haven't been discovered, and the OS is extremely secure. Don't hold your breath waiting for something that isn't a hardware modification like the TX modchip.

Reactions: MetoMeto

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
You can find what you're looking for here:
https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Switch_System_Flaws

Nobody has had any success with newer hardware revisions. Hardware exploits haven't been discovered, and the OS is extremely secure. Don't hold your breath waiting for something that isn't a hardware modification like the TX modchip.
Thanks!

I'm not, i play legit anyway, but They said the same thing for Vita. :)
I'm just curious, its interesting thing to follow.

namad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a tesla overlay to display framerate? (I'm trying to see if a game is running better or worse, and realized that just eyeballing it is probably not the best way?)

In case this question somehow needs additional context, I explained here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/disgaea...ease-share-your-overclocking-settings.591063/

of course it works, but it'd be nice to see some numerical proof (and if I had numerical proof I could twiddle the settings around bit by bit to find some sort of "sweet spot". Rather than just making a guess and saying okie dokie that's where I'll leave it.

Although this topic does slightly relate to what "MetoMeto" was asking, if you want better battery life you could always just use an original switch and underclock it (which if you're playing something extremely undemanding would in theory work just fine, yes?)

Last edited by namad,

Bigsneks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hiiii, I just updated to the newest fw and suddenly arcadia just doesn't detect a config file anymore, I launch Smash over and over so it can write one but it just does nothing... my SD card even has an arcadia ini file but it just doesnt seem to notice it?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, I think I somehow found my original prod.key from my old nand that I lost. Is there an option to use them?(to get a "cleaner" nand)
It is impossible to recreate a clean eMMC backup. Keys will not help.

Is there a tesla overlay to display framerate? (I'm trying to see if a game is running better or worse, and realized that just eyeballing it is probably not the best way?)

In case this question somehow needs additional context, I explained here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/disgaea...ease-share-your-overclocking-settings.591063/

of course it works, but it'd be nice to see some numerical proof (and if I had numerical proof I could twiddle the settings around bit by bit to find some sort of "sweet spot". Rather than just making a guess and saying okie dokie that's where I'll leave it.

Although this topic does slightly relate to what "MetoMeto" was asking, if you want better battery life you could always just use an original switch and underclock it (which if you're playing something extremely undemanding would in theory work just fine, yes?)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/status-monitor-overlay-tesla-overlay-to-monitor-your-hardware.558505/

hiiii, I just updated to the newest fw and suddenly arcadia just doesn't detect a config file anymore, I launch Smash over and over so it can write one but it just does nothing... my SD card even has an arcadia ini file but it just doesnt seem to notice it?
How is your SD card formatted?

akira022

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible for 90dns/pegascape to cause the switch to not connect? I use pegascape dns but the switch says it cannot resolve. I put them into my phone(where my switch usually connects to) browser they load up just fine. Just trying to boot my switch...lol

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, it's update time again for my Switch so here I am. I have all the relevant files downloaded (12.1.0 firmware, new CFW zip from sdsetup.com, etc) but I just like to ask first... is it safe to update to 12.1.0 firmware? Has it been long enough that Atmosphere and other CFW have been updated?

Are the Sigpatches working ok with the latest firmware update?

BrownsonMcSoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
215532125_544192323603200_1662935479649666714_n.jpg

I was moving everything from a 256GB micro SD to a 1TB micro SD and decided to just clone the entire SD card using AOMEI Partition Assistant. Now with the new micro SD I can inject Hekate just fine (as you would expect), but I get this screen when I try to go to my launch my EMUMMC I get this screen and trying to launch Android just seems to crash the system entirely. Should I just try to make a fresh install of Android/Ubuntu/EMUMMC or does this seem fixable?

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HELP HELP, oh em gee!

I updated everything but I can't seem to launch ChoiDejourNX to update my firmware from 11.0.1 to 12.1.0. When I try to launch the app I get an error message.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated, thanks. >.<

Edit: Nevermind, I discovered the Daybreak app, crisis averted.

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel,

goamn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
The Switch stopped working with CFW because the Switch's system version was updated to 12.x. You need to update Hekate and Atmosphere in order to get CFW working again. You can also reinstall AutoRCM using Hekate.
I couldn't install most games using Awoo Installer, with this combination. Awoo Installer's latest signature patch(es) are for firmware version 11.X. Even after installing the latest signature patches, it refused to use them. So I first opened it (Awoo Installer), deleted/uninstalled signature patches via the GUI, then went back to applying the signature patches on the memory card (hekate ones) for 12.X. After that it worked :). Although Awoo installer is still warning me about NCA signatures and it thinks there are no signature patches installed. Posting this for newbies who might be in the same boat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: already did