Gaming Disgaea 6 performance. Specifically please share your overclocking settings.

namad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so it's widely known that by docking a switch and then turning the resolution to 720p you can actually get digaea 6 to run well (note by default it runs quite poorly). Meaning it runs really badly in 1080p on a tv in the dock and it runs badly in 720p in handheld mode.

What I want to do is plug it in to the wall via the charger (not the dock). This will make it "possible" to get as much power as when in the dock. I'm just gonna play it handheld though in my recliner next to my wall outlet.

Yes, my switch is hacked, yes it's got overclocking as an option, so yeah, I can overclock up to docked performance to achieve what I want. But I realized, this game runs so poorly by default A LOT of people must have had this realization, so I'm wondering, anyone out there already done this? Did it work well? and what clockrates did you target? I assume ram/gpu overclocking is what's needed here? not cpu? right?

In case it's not clear from this long rant, I'm experimenting with:
mem 1600
gpu 768
cpu not overridden.

edit: See https://gbatemp.net/threads/status-monitor-overlay-tesla-overlay-to-monitor-your-hardware.558505/

Last edited by namad,

namad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my pocket netherworld home base.
Comparisons made now that I have my fps counter overlay working, so I'm not just eyeballing it:

Balanced: 56fps plugged in 34fps unplugged
Graphics: 42fps plugged in 25fps unplugged

note: performance is actually worse in the base than in a battle, because most battlefields are smaller than the base.

TL;DR

Extremely minor overclocking (simply to perform like the dock asks the device to perform) is quite effective in this game specifically.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.