Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

namad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the point of emuMMC in the first place? Is it so people can go online on sysMMC and not get banned, then swap to emuMMC and run all the homebrew and installed nsp's they want (While offline)? So, I could use sysMMC to get patches to my game cartridges, then swap to emuMMC to hack/cheat offline in singleplayer as much as I wanted?

Sorry I'm so confused about this, I know this is something most/many people setup, and it's "good" but I don't fully comprehend what the purpose is.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the point of emuMMC in the first place? Is it so people can go online on sysMMC and not get banned, then swap to emuMMC and run all the homebrew and installed nsp's they want (While offline)? So, I could use sysMMC to get patches to my game cartridges, then swap to emuMMC to hack/cheat offline in singleplayer as much as I wanted?

Sorry I'm so confused about this, I know this is something most/many people setup, and it's "good" but I don't fully comprehend what the purpose is.
The purpose of emuMMC is to allow users to emulate a higher firmware version without actually updating the firmware of the console or sysMMC. To prevent emuMMC's firmware from affecting sysMMC, emuMMC operates completely independently. However because of this caveat, people decided to utilize emuMMC as a way to "safely" run their CFW, homebrew, and other hacks. That does not mean it is its purpose but it is another way to utilize emuMMC. This protection though is only as good as not going online with emuMMC and never running any hacks in sysMMC.

Installed some smash dlc to sdcard, how do you uninstall them?
I believe you can do it from System Settings -> Data Management.

Reactions: namad

Fireword

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
While following the guide at lauching atmosphere i just realized my sd is in exfat
can i just copy its content to my pc format it to fat 32 and copy all the files back?

WayOfTheRoad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Such a noob question but I have a mental disconnect on this one thing:

Ok, so people can install new NAND (eMMC) modules. It's been done, either 32GB up to 128GB. Yet, if I have a working module from "Switch A" I cannot do anything to use it in "Switch B". Not even with keys and rebuilding, correct?

If correct, how? Is it because a new chip is empty and doesn't "fight you" like a used chip with keys not matching "Switch B's" Terga keys already on it? Essentially, you can't wipe or reprogram a chip that's been used?

I get the concept of keys and security, I just can't seem to square how one is possible and the other isn't if it's not my one guess above. How I can buy one, solder it on a eMMC board, pop it in a Switch, do some rebuilding and it works. Yet, using a working but used chip is impossible. Thanks.

groggy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi all
ive recently got my switch out after a couple of years and struggling to get xci files to work (obviously my old games still work but ive downloaded a couple today with no sign of them working. Also do nsp files work with it?
im using sx os v2.7

i would really love it if someone was able to chat on some messenger app and chat me through the options and how to get it working again.

cheers

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all
ive recently got my switch out after a couple of years and struggling to get xci files to work (obviously my old games still work but ive downloaded a couple today with no sign of them working. Also do nsp files work with it?
im using sx os v2.7

i would really love it if someone was able to chat on some messenger app and chat me through the options and how to get it working again.

cheers
Your system version might be low. If you are going to keep using SX OS, you should update your system to 11.0.0. You can update to 11.0.0 by temporarily booting into Atmosphere and installing 11.0.0 using Daybreak. You also need to make sure you update your version of SX OS to the latest version.

That all being said, SX OS is dead and likely won't receive anymore compatibility updates. SX OS doesn't work on anything higher than 11.0.0, and eventually, newer games will require system versions higher than 11.0.0. It is recommended that you make the switch to Atmosphere instead of SX OS.

You can install NSP files with SX OS. NSP files also work with Atmosphere. As for XCI files, you can boot them using SX OS, but you cannot boot XCI files with Atmosphere. You can, however, install XCI files using Atmosphere as though they were NSP files.

Reactions: groggy

groggy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your system version might be low. If you are going to keep using SX OS, you should update your system to 11.0.0. You can update to 11.0.0 by temporarily booting into Atmosphere and installing 11.0.0 using Daybreak. You also need to make sure you update your version of SX OS to the latest version.

That all being said, SX OS is dead and likely won't receive anymore compatibility updates. SX OS doesn't work on anything higher than 11.0.0, and eventually, newer games will require system versions higher than 11.0.0. It is recommended that you make the switch to Atmosphere instead of SX OS.

You can install NSP files with SX OS. NSP files also work with Atmosphere. As for XCI files, you can boot them using SX OS, but you cannot boot XCI files with Atmosphere. You can, however, install XCI files using Atmosphere as though they were NSP files.
current system 7.0.1 according to settings
i wouldnt have any idea how to update sx os and what is atmosphere ?

thanks for quick reply.....but i think this is going to be to deep for me :(

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
current system 7.0.1 according to settings
i wouldnt have any idea how to update sx os and what is atmosphere ?

thanks for quick reply.....but i think this is going to be to deep for me :(
Download the latest version of SX OS and put it onto your SD card. That's all you need to do to update SX OS.

To update the system version, you need to download the 11.0.0 update and put the folder onto your SD card. Then, you need to launch Daybreak while running Atmosphere and install the update. Alternatively, you can install the update using ChoiDujourNX while running SX OS, but this is very much not recommended.

Atmosphere is another CFW. It still receives regular updates, with the latest version coming out today actually. It's open-source, and SX OS actually stole a lot of their code from the Atmosphere project.

The two custom firmwares are very similar, except Atmosphere does not have the ability to launch XCI files, and it never will. As I said in my previous post, it can install them like they're NSP files, however.

groggy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Download the latest version of SX OS and put it onto your SD card. That's all you need to do to update SX OS.

To update the system version, you need to download the 11.0.0 update and put the folder onto your SD card. Then, you need to launch Daybreak while running Atmosphere and install the update. Alternatively, you can install the update using ChoiDujourNX while running SX OS, but this is very much not recommended.

Atmosphere is another CFW. It still receives regular updates, with the latest version coming out today actually. It's open-source, and SX OS actually stole a lot of their code from the Atmosphere project.

The two custom firmwares are very similar, except Atmosphere does not have the ability to launch XCI files, and it never will. As I said in my previous post, it can install them like they're NSP files, however.
as i thought :( way to deep for me this. i bought the switch with the dongle off someone had he just showed me how to put the xci files into the correct folder.....and i thouight that would be that.
im terrified of messing it up as it still works with my fav games .....just not the newer ones
thank for replying so quick though

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as i thought :( way to deep for me this. i bought the switch with the dongle off someone had he just showed me how to put the xci files into the correct folder.....and i thouight that would be that.
im terrified of messing it up as it still works with my fav games .....just not the newer ones
thank for replying so quick though
Follow these steps to switch to Atmosphere and update your system:
  1. Download the latest version of Atmosphere: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/latest
  2. Download fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere).
  3. Download these signature patches (choose the fusee patches): https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases/latest
  4. Download the 12.1.0 system update (latest version supported by Atmosphere as of this post. Always make sure the system version you're updating to is supported by Atmosphere). If you want to continue using SX OS, download 11.0.0 instead. You can update to 12.1.0 later after you've made the decision to ditch SX OS.
  5. Put Atmosphere onto your SD card.
  6. Put the signature patches onto your SD card.
  7. Put the 12.1.0 folder onto the root of your SD card.
  8. Enter RCM and boot into Atmosphere by pushing the fusee-primary.bin payload.
  9. Enter the homebrew launcher on your Switch by holding R while launching a game.
  10. Open Daybreak. Install the 12.1.0 update. Choose the exFAT support option, even though your SD card should be on FAT32 (if your SD isn't already formatted as FAT32, it is recommended you backup the contents of your SD card and reformat it as FAT32). You can delete the 12.1.0 folder off your SD card after the update is completed.
  11. Open the NSP installer of your choice (TinWoo or Awoo-Installer are recommended) using the homebrew launcher. Install the XCI or NSP files you desire to install. If you have any XCI files you want to keep using with Atmosphere, you must install them. Your save files are stored on the system and will not be affected.
  12. Optional: If you want to use a Tinfoil Shop that allows you to download and install NSP files over the internet from your Switch, you can set that up as well.
If you are using an emuMMC, the steps may be slightly different.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While following the guide at lauching atmosphere i just realized my sd is in exfat
can i just copy its content to my pc format it to fat 32 and copy all the files back?
Yes, you can just make a copy of the SD card's contents, format it to FAT32, and put the files back on the SD card.

Such a noob question but I have a mental disconnect on this one thing:

Ok, so people can install new NAND (eMMC) modules. It's been done, either 32GB up to 128GB. Yet, if I have a working module from "Switch A" I cannot do anything to use it in "Switch B". Not even with keys and rebuilding, correct?

If correct, how? Is it because a new chip is empty and doesn't "fight you" like a used chip with keys not matching "Switch B's" Terga keys already on it? Essentially, you can't wipe or reprogram a chip that's been used?

I get the concept of keys and security, I just can't seem to square how one is possible and the other isn't if it's not my one guess above. How I can buy one, solder it on a eMMC board, pop it in a Switch, do some rebuilding and it works. Yet, using a working but used chip is impossible. Thanks.
Fresh eMMC modules can be flashed while the ones manufactured by Nintendo have already been flashed and are read-only thus cannot be modified.

kambeeeng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
is there any nxmtp-like app that can run on atmosphere 19.5?
And which edizon would work for atmos 19.5? The last edizon i downloaded doesn't work.

goamn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hi, I hope this is the correct place to ask for help regarding my, now not working, hacked switch.
Basically, I have next to no idea what I'm doing.
Bought a hacked switch (read about patched/unpatched versions and wanted to buy a pre-hacked one because too lazy). Was working for a few months with no problems. It had "AutoCRM" turned on. Booting from a shutdown gave a black screen, had to use a small box to "turn it on" which I was plugging via USB C (RCMloader, Payload.bin loader for NS. Model: ONE/B. and a website starting with 3 w's and then xkit then dot then xyz). As I said, this was ok and everything was working normally. The loading screen has something to do with Hekate.

Fast forward to yesterday, wife gives small child the Switch, then it stops working. I have no idea what they did. The memory card didn't look like it was removed/tampered with. It wasn't connected to the internet (new country, never connected here). It was previously connected to the internet about a month ago for a day or 2. The start up screen has Hekate with some error message like this:
unknown pkg1 version hos version not supported or emummc corrupt failed to launch HOS
So now after pressing the power button I was able to navigate some kind of app, there was a Launch option, I tried launching with all 4 options (emummc?, Stock, Fusee, and a fourth one). All but 3 present the same error, the stock one boots into a light black screen that never goes away until a hard shutdown.

Then I read some things on reddit and there was a suggestion to turn off AutoCRM, which I did... now the NS loads without the RCMloader box and I can't play any of the games (presumably I am loading from stock?).

Is there any obvious solution to this case? Also, now that I turned off AutoCRM, do I have to do some crazy "jig"/pin/paperclip maneuvers to get back to a hacked switch? I've never done this and would like to avoid it. When turning off the AutoCRM there was a big warning saying that I can't boot into [something] unless I hold Vol+ with Home(jig), I have no idea what Home(jig) is.

Any suggestions would be great! I'm happy to look into the memory card to reveal more info. I think I checked the console info and it said version 12.X (before turning off AutoCRM). I remember there were a lot of apps installed like AWOO installer, Goldbricks, goldleaf, etc. I successfully used AWOO installer to install my one and only hacked game. Thanks guys and girls.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I hope this is the correct place to ask for help regarding my, now not working, hacked switch.
Basically, I have next to no idea what I'm doing.
Bought a hacked switch (read about patched/unpatched versions and wanted to buy a pre-hacked one because too lazy). Was working for a few months with no problems. It had "AutoCRM" turned on. Booting from a shutdown gave a black screen, had to use a small box to "turn it on" which I was plugging via USB C (RCMloader, Payload.bin loader for NS. Model: ONE/B. and a website starting with 3 w's and then xkit then dot then xyz). As I said, this was ok and everything was working normally. The loading screen has something to do with Hekate.

Fast forward to yesterday, wife gives small child the Switch, then it stops working. I have no idea what they did. The memory card didn't look like it was removed/tampered with. It wasn't connected to the internet (new country, never connected here). It was previously connected to the internet about a month ago for a day or 2. The start up screen has Hekate with some error message like this:
unknown pkg1 version hos version not supported or emummc corrupt failed to launch HOS
So now after pressing the power button I was able to navigate some kind of app, there was a Launch option, I tried launching with all 4 options (emummc?, Stock, Fusee, and a fourth one). All but 3 present the same error, the stock one boots into a light black screen that never goes away until a hard shutdown.

Then I read some things on reddit and there was a suggestion to turn off AutoCRM, which I did... now the NS loads without the RCMloader box and I can't play any of the games (presumably I am loading from stock?).

Is there any obvious solution to this case? Also, now that I turned off AutoCRM, do I have to do some crazy "jig"/pin/paperclip maneuvers to get back to a hacked switch? I've never done this and would like to avoid it. When turning off the AutoCRM there was a big warning saying that I can't boot into [something] unless I hold Vol+ with Home(jig), I have no idea what Home(jig) is.

Any suggestions would be great! I'm happy to look into the memory card to reveal more info. I think I checked the console info and it said version 12.X (before turning off AutoCRM). I remember there were a lot of apps installed like AWOO installer, Goldbricks, goldleaf, etc. I successfully used AWOO installer to install my one and only hacked game. Thanks guys and girls.
The Switch stopped working with CFW because the Switch's system version was updated to 12.x. You need to update Hekate and Atmosphere in order to get CFW working again. You can also reinstall AutoRCM using Hekate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kontrolfreek.com/products/south-park-kenny-edition-thumbsticks?utm_source=facebook&ut...