Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't have a switch yet and have no idea what those are :P

Am I better buying an old switch or a new one? Is softmod better than modchip right now? I'm good with a soldering gun, not afraid to open up electronics

If you can get an RCM vulnerable switch (pre-owned) you can check the serial number online and it will tell you if its good or not.

RCM vulnerability is basically full access to the switch, without the need to open it up, all that's needed is a microSD card, Jig and way to launch a payload

ipatched switches are the next best which use nebra but aren't good past 7.0.0 iirc, these switches won't work with rcm

Mariko (red box) and switch lites require the TX modchip to hack, but has resulted in some issues such as a purple screen

Reactions: WarmWoollySheep

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
I have trouble with files ghosting and not showing up using OSX to maintain my Switch SD card, is there a free operating system i can use with Parallels or such, or should I buy a windows machine?

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I'm kind of a newb when it comes to Switch hacking.
So basically I'd like to mod my Switch which is an old model, but definitely patched. I'm on the latest firmware and I plan on buying the SX Core to mod it. My purpose is to overclock the console (I use it essentially docked all the time) and play online and nothing else. Is there something I need to know? Is it possible to hack it? Any recommendation on guides and procedures?

PoiRan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have trouble with files ghosting and not showing up using OSX to maintain my Switch SD card, is there a free operating system i can use with Parallels or such, or should I buy a windows machine?

I use Parallels to boot Windows 10, I use that for most of my maintenance of our Switch, Wii U, Wii and 3DS. You can run Windows for free. It will just nag a little and cripple you a bit I think.

I also use Parallels to run Linux, to run gparted, and dd to backup my sd cards. Parallels have some Linuxes ready for quick install, but I had to go with Linux Mint as I run an older Parallels (12) for various reasons. I'd go with the newest Parallels though, for a new install.

It's also possible to use Virtualbox, and Linux, if you really want "free" operating system.

So, no, don't buy a Windows machine just for this.

Last edited by PoiRan,
Reactions: LuigiXL

CreepyCarol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heyyy, so it's my first time on the forum and I don't even own a Switch (yet) so I'm just curious for some pointers before I try to purchase one. My main question is if it's possible to load a save from an emulator and load it on a switch, with or without firmware. I would kinda prefer it without since I'm pretty wary about getting banned. My main reason for this is that I've been running Animal Crossing NH just to get a feel for it, and I didn't really understand the hype. Turns out that that game's now one of my favorites to play, but if I get a switch, all the progress I've made will be restricted to my computer. So, if it's possible to transfer saves without CFW, I'd like to know how, and if I need CFW, I would also like instructions on that since I'm pretty new to that also. I plan to be buying a Mariko model but it's hard to know which thread is up to date and what supports what at this moment. Any help is appreciated and sorry if this post is a bit long : )

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I plan to be buying a Mariko model but it's hard to know which thread is up to date and what supports what at this moment.

There isn't a hack for Mariko but you can CFW it too, in case you solder a modchip in. If something gets wrong, it's a paperweight.
There are some trusted installers out there, like @ModderFokker619
Take a look here, if you want take a look at the chip:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sx-core-and-sx-lite-test-units-received.565210/

If you want an unpatched first gen switch, take a look here, in order to find a used one (second hand):
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/

Reactions: CreepyCarol

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks, I've been wondering where to buy the SXcores. So I take it that it isn't possible to load saves or backups without a CFW, correct?

I assume it, yeah, idk.
It's better if you start a new thread asking this, mention the game + transferring save.

There is a skype contact from a trusted seller somewhere in the modchip thread, called peggy... can't remember details, but you find the full name in there:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sx-core-and-sx-lite-test-units-received.565210/

AdowTatep

Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I have an old modded switch that never went online. And was modded with atmosphere before it had emunand.

If i have the current emunand + sysnand. Is the emunand an entirely separate environment? In a sense that I can play online with my sysnand with my purchased copy, and use homebrews and such offline in emunand, without the fear of getting banned in my sysnand?

geek_76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven’t touched my modded switch in quite a while. I had been using Kosmos but see that they are no longer being updated. How do I convert from Kosmos to the latest Atmosphere/Hekate ? Thanks in advance. For what it’s worth, I am on FW 9.0.1 and AMS 0.9.4/S

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm kind of a newb when it comes to Switch hacking.
So basically I'd like to mod my Switch which is an old model, but definitely patched. I'm on the latest firmware and I plan on buying the SX Core to mod it. My purpose is to overclock the console (I use it essentially docked all the time) and play online and nothing else. Is there something I need to know? Is it possible to hack it? Any recommendation on guides and procedures?
You have to solder the modchip in order to use it. Your second question is redundant if you're aware about the SX Core. And I recommend checking this thread of non-compatible tools as well as this tutorial.

I have an old modded switch that never went online. And was modded with atmosphere before it had emunand.

If i have the current emunand + sysnand. Is the emunand an entirely separate environment? In a sense that I can play online with my sysnand with my purchased copy, and use homebrews and such offline in emunand, without the fear of getting banned in my sysnand?
emuMMC is an entirely separate environment however you can only go online with a clean eMMC. Meaning if you have run any CFW or homebrew on your sysMMC and do not have a clean backup that was made before running any CFW/homebrew, then you risk getting banned when you go online. There is also no way to create one after the fact nor clean your console to prevent a ban if you do not have a clean backup made before ever running CFW/homebrew.

I haven’t touched my modded switch in quite a while. I had been using Kosmos but see that they are no longer being updated. How do I convert from Kosmos to the latest Atmosphere/Hekate ? Thanks in advance. For what it’s worth, I am on FW 9.0.1 and AMS 0.9.4/S
Kosmos is not a CFW, its just Atmosphere/Hekate. You cannot remove Kosmos because it was never installed in the first place. You just update Atmosphere and Hekate like normal.

Reactions: AdowTatep

AdowTatep

Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil
You have to solder the modchip in order to use it. Your second question is redundant if you're aware about the SX Core. And I recommend checking this thread of non-compatible tools as well as this tutorial.

emuMMC is an entirely separate environment however you can only go online with a clean eMMC. Meaning if you have run any CFW or homebrew on your sysMMC and do not have a clean backup that was made before running any CFW/homebrew, then you risk getting banned when you go online. There is also no way to create one after the fact nor clean your console to prevent a ban if you do not have a clean backup made before ever running CFW/homebrew.

Thanks. I do have a nand backup I took before doing the mod. But I also updated the firmware after the backup. If I restore the backup do you know if it will restore to the old firmware? In that case would you recommend to update the system using Nintendo server or should I mod it again first and then update with choidujournx?

What I didn't get is, I can go online with a "clean eMMC" and not get banned, what's the difference of a clean eMMC, isn't it the CFW? I though I would have my eMMC modded (and couldn't go online with it) and the sysMMC would be untouched(and I could go online with it without worrying).

Just wanting to confirm some things so I'm sorry for the repeated questions

Last edited by AdowTatep,

Chuparla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Hi there,

Sorry for this message. I guess it is a common question but I cannot find a threat where is focused on people with patched switch and high firmware like 10.xx.

Basically, I bought recently a Nintendo switch and I already checked it has been patched.

The only solution at the moment is it to buy the OX core and sold it inside my switch(not happening).???

Is there any other method without opening the hardware?

IshIs there any team trying to hack patched switch recently?

I would like to follow this topics as it affect to me, but all the threads i find are 1 year old.

Thanks.

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi :)
but I cannot find a threat where is focused on people with patched switch and high firmware like 10.xx.

Not possible, until someone finds an exploit.

Basically, I bought recently a Nintendo switch and I already checked it has been patched.

Is it a first gen 'iPatched' switch (partially exploitable up to 7.0.1) or a new 'Mariko' model?

The only solution at the moment is it to buy the OX core and sold it inside my switch(not happening).???

Unfortunately yes, thats true for all new devices.

Is there any other method without opening the hardware?

Unfortunately no, but there are installers out there, they will do the modchip thing for you if you like.

any team trying to hack patched switch recently?

HOS is a very secure OS, it will take some time (ages?) until someone finds a new exploit.

Maybe sell your switch and get an used nonpatched first gen switch. Easy to find (second hand,
from time to time in like new condition), if you ask the seller for the serial and compare it here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/

Reactions: Chuparla
D

Deleted User

Bro, by "backlight" you mean a black screen that you can turn on and off pressing the power button? If it's like that then maybe your Emummc got corrupted, same as me, and most likely you lost everything. Hope you have a emummc backup.

Sent from my G9 using Tapatalk
Yeah I recently decided to restore my EmuMMC backup after messing with it (and failing) and after I did, I got it to boot once, installed some games, then turned off and on again (managed to boot twice) then did the same thing, but failed. It is so weird, loading the EmuMMC or shutting down must corrupt it somewhere.

Last edited by ,

Copai1

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Yeah I recently decided to restore my EmuMMC backup after messing with it (and failing) and after I did, I got it to boot once, installed some games, then turned off and on again (managed to boot twice) then did the same thing, but failed. It is so weird, loading the EmuMMC or shutting down must corrupt it somewhere.
I can only tell you to check if the hidden partition is correctly done, idk why this happens but looks like that hidden partition can be easily broken

Sent from my G9 using Tapatalk

Chuparla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Hi,
first of all thanks for the fast answer.

Second, i thought your switch was or rather patched (new version) or unpatched (old version).

I already did the check with CRM, and the biscuit program to check if you can insert info but the outcom was 0x0 witch means is "patched".

Anyway my serial is:XAW7002575xxxxx, maybe you can give me more information.

For now on, I prefer to wait as I am not in a rush to play any game. That is why I would like to follow the news about this topic for the future.

If you have any link or anywhere to check info about news of the hacking patchtpatch switchswswitchs, that would be amazing.

Thanks

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,
first of all thanks for the fast answer.

Second, i thought your switch was or rather patched (new version) or unpatched (old version).

I already did the check with CRM, and the biscuit program to check if you can insert info but the outcom was 0x0 witch means is "patched".

Anyway my serial is:XAW7002575xxxxx, maybe you can give me more information.

For now on, I prefer to wait as I am not in a rush to play any game. That is why I would like to follow the news about this topic for the future.

If you have any link or anywhere to check info about news of the hacking patchtpatch switchswswitchs, that would be amazing.

Thanks

Ok, according to the guide about the serials, your XAW7002575 switch should be a iPatched one...
They are exploitable in case the OS is <= 7.0.1.
So don't update, don't connect to the internet.
What firmware version is on the switch?

Chuparla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Hi :)

Not possible, until someone finds an exploit.

Is it a first gen 'iPatched' switch (partially exploitable up to 7.0.1) or a new 'Mariko' model?

Unfortunately yes, thats true for all new devices.

Unfortunately no, but there are installers out there, they will do the modchip thing for you if you like.

HOS is a very secure OS, it will take some time (ages?) until someone finds a new exploit.

Maybe sell your switch and get an used nonpatched first gen switch. Easy to find (second hand,
from time to time in like new condition), if you ask the seller for the serial and compare it here:
Don'tnt know how to reply
Ok, according to the guide about the serials, your XAW7002575 switch should be a iPatched one...
They are exploitable in case the OS is <= 7.0.1.
So don't update, don't connect to the internet.
What firmware version is on the switch?
Nah, I am late for that, Ihe last version :(
So that means there is hope for me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night