Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

qazwasdere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
just got myself a new microsd card, planning to start a new with my switch, can you view my steps and say if it's in correct order or not?

1.Factory reset my switch // Restore my original NAND backup (do both?)
1+.Turn off AutoRCM
2.Setup my SD card with exploit like Atmos
2+.Plug my SD card and inject Hekate
3.Setup EmuMMC for the first time (right now my system use Sysnand, that's why i want to reset)
4.Re-download all game, setting up Incognito, and the homebrew that i wanted

any step i missed?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just got myself a new microsd card, planning to start a new with my switch, can you view my steps and say if it's in correct order or not?

1.Factory reset my switch // Restore my original NAND backup (do both?)
1+.Turn off AutoRCM
2.Setup my SD card with exploit like Atmos
2+.Plug my SD card and inject Hekate
3.Setup EmuMMC for the first time (right now my system use Sysnand, that's why i want to reset)
4.Re-download all game, setting up Incognito, and the homebrew that i wanted

any step i missed?
You don't need to perform a factory reset if you are restoring your original NAND backup because a NAND restore wipes the system cleaner than a factory reset. Anyways, your other steps are fine.

qazwasdere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
You don't need to perform a factory reset if you are restoring your original NAND backup because a NAND restore wipes the system cleaner than a factory reset. Anyways, your other steps are fine.

Did the step 1 just fine, now it is possible to play online right?

i want to link my nintendo account on the system but it said i need to update the system first. If i updated the switch with 'official' way, do i need to make a new NAND backup? because my nand backup right now is on 8.0.1 and i remember seeing someone said here that you cant't use an 8.0.1 backup on a 9.1.0 switch.

Or, do i need to set up EmuMMC first and the update the system using ChoiDujoirNX?

Last edited by qazwasdere,

coopat580

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I switch back and forth from cfw/ofw on a whim? Say I want to update and download the dlcs for one of my previously owned games through the eShop/Nservers but not do it while on cfw where I can risk a ban from online play. How would I do this? I have setup a emuMCC partition on my card through hekate and always booted atmosphere/cfw (emuMCC). I never booted or touched sysNAND. Is going back to ofw and downloading and playing my purchased games easy as powering off the switch and booting it like normal with the SD card removed?

koenergy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NAND when I'm using EMUMMC is in the SD card right? So I don't have to worry messing up my SYSNAND when installing NSPs in the NAND?

Lordbarker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm planning to hack my Switch as it's an older unpatched unit. 1. Does it matter it's on the latest firmware or is all firmware now hack able? 2. Can I make my own jig (I know this is at my own risk) and simply use it once to install Atmosphere with Auto RCM to get started? 3. Is there a recommended guide to getting started. Thanks

Last edited by Lordbarker,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I'm planning to hack my Switch as it's an older unpatched unit. 1. Does it matter it's on the latest firmware or is all firmware now hack able? 2. Can I make my own jig (I know this is at my own risk) and simply use it once to install Atmosphere with Auto RCM to get started? 3. Is there a recommended guide to getting started. Thanks
1) If your switch is unpatched, you can hack it on every firmware. CFW supports the latest firmware (9.1.0).
2) Yes.
3) Best guide imo: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The NAND when I'm using EMUMMC is in the SD card right? So I don't have to worry messing up my SYSNAND when installing NSPs in the NAND?
Yes, emuMMC is located on your sd card. EmuMMC and eMMC use a different Nintendo folder. Therefore, you're fine installing NSPs in emuMMC.

Reactions: Lordbarker

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the step 1 just fine, now it is possible to play online right?

i want to link my nintendo account on the system but it said i need to update the system first. If i updated the switch with 'official' way, do i need to make a new NAND backup? because my nand backup right now is on 8.0.1 and i remember seeing someone said here that you cant't use an 8.0.1 backup on a 9.1.0 switch.

Or, do i need to set up EmuMMC first and the update the system using ChoiDujoirNX?
You can play online if the NAND you restored was clean as in it was made before ever running CFW & homebrew.

You can still restore your 8.0.1 NAND dump even if you update your console to 9.1. The issue is when you do that, you have to boot through RCM to bypass the fuse check.

BxThanos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch wont boot after I tried to update to 9.0.1. I was using sxos 2.9.2 I tried to update using ChoiDujourNX v102 and now the system will not turn on. It was working fine prior to this attempted update. any help?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch wont boot after I tried to update to 9.0.1. I was using sxos 2.9.2 I tried to update using ChoiDujourNX v102 and now the system will not turn on. It was working fine prior to this attempted update. any help?
Is your SD card formatted as FAT32 or exFAT? It should be the former. Also, make sure your CFW files are up to date.

strongsneeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
is there any way to make my switch recognize a 3rd party controller as a gamecube controller? I ask because some games like grid and trials recognize analog trigger sensitivity but only for gamecube controllers, but others like the sn30 pro also have analog triggers.

Lordbarker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm now getting a buddy to hard trinket mod my Switch. He's also throwing in SX OS with a license. I understand I can switch between CFW and OFW but my question is about .NSP and .XCI, with .XCI do updates come included? If not can I use .NSP format updates? If not is there anyway to use official updates and if so does this matter that they might be US updates on an EU console i.e. the game regions not matching the updates? I have a ton of original carts, so would I be better ripping these in the first place? Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i hack my switch, can i still play Karaoke Joysound? (カラオケJoysound).
the app itself is free but seems the game requires internet connection & in-app purchase (monthly pass).

only accessable by japanese account.

thanks in advance :)
Yes

So I'm now getting a buddy to hard trinket mod my Switch. He's also throwing in SX OS with a license. I understand I can switch between CFW and OFW but my question is about .NSP and .XCI, with .XCI do updates come included? If not can I use .NSP format updates? If not is there anyway to use official updates and if so does this matter that they might be US updates on an EU console i.e. the game regions not matching the updates? I have a ton of original carts, so would I be better ripping these in the first place? Thanks
Not all .XCI files are pre-bundled with updates. Normally they aren't in the first place as a .XCI file is a dump of a retail Switch cartridge. You can install updates via the .NSP format and the region does not matter since the Switch is region-free.

SacredSlash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure this is the right place to put this so Ill put it here. So my switch won't turn on, and usually I'm able to fix it as it has happened to me before, but this time no luck. I have tried literally everything. However, when I go to inject hekate it still detects it and says rcm device detected. It doesn't do anything when I inject the payload, but it does still detect my device. So I'm pretty sure my battery is drained and it needs to be replaced, but wanted to ask if there is something else I can do besides the usual fixes that are given for this?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure this is the right place to put this so Ill put it here. So my switch won't turn on, and usually I'm able to fix it as it has happened to me before, but this time no luck. I have tried literally everything. However, when I go to inject hekate it still detects it and says rcm device detected. It doesn't do anything when I inject the payload, but it does still detect my device. So I'm pretty sure my battery is drained and it needs to be replaced, but wanted to ask if there is something else I can do besides the usual fixes that are given for this?
Do you have AutoRCM enabled? And when you inject Hekate, does the Hekate menu appear?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes to the first question, no to the second one.
I was hoping we could use Hekate to make this a little easier but you'll have to do this manually. Because AutoRCM is enabled, the console charges more slowly in RCM but also because it is enabled, the console automatically boots to RCM. Combined with a low battery and it seems like there is no way to charge it outside of RCM the slow way right? Well what you can do is the following:
  1. Plug the console into your computer
  2. Check to see if it is detected as an RCM/APX device
  3. Perform a manual shutdown to exit RCM (i.e. holding the power button for 12 seconds)
  4. Check to see if it is no longer detected as an RCM/APX device
Once it is plugged into a power source, such as your computer, after it is turned off, it will charge while off allowing you to charge the console normally regardless of AutoRCM. I would give it anywhere between 30 to 60 minutes for it to gain enough charge to boot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4