Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
How to boot to horizon with no SD and AutoRCM? If i launch hekate, it wont let me boot horizon cause theres no config file. Any other payload/option?

valp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey dudes, I'm having some difficulties to transfer my emuMMC setup to a bigger SD.

I did the procedure described in a tutorial I found here (hddrawcopy to make an image of my old SD, then hddrawcopy to copy that image to the newer SD, then copying the raw partition to the final part of unallocated space, then deleting old partition, then inflating the fat32 partition). The results in Minitool seem perfect: 16Mb unallocated - fat32 partition - raw partition.

So, I booted the Switch and it worked immediately without the need to migrate emummc.

I installed some games and some time after, I got back to the console and there was kind of a blue screen, I restarted it and now hekate can't boot the cfw emummc.

The migrate emummc option says "no emummc or foreign emunand found". It's so strange, at first boot after procedure, the CFW Emummc boot worked perfectly, the system would list the bigger sized SD and all. And now, all of the sudden, it's broken, the boot goes back to Hekate.

darkriku2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to revert my switch back to ofw and sell it. When I got it it was below 3.0, I backed up the nand with hekate (I'm pretty sure that's what I used anyway, it was a year ago) and used SXOS to run homebrew and XCIs and install NSPs. I haven't connected to the internet (at least not to nintendo, and haven't attached an account to the console) and all my updates have been with ChoiDujorNX, how can I revert it back to how it was when I got it and make sure I don't screw over whoever buys it?

Unknown12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I have a Switch that I bought upon its release back in 2017, and then never used. It should therefore be running some very old firmware.

I now want to play Pokemon Sword and Shield. As far as I know, it's not really possible to play pirated games yet and any kind of Switch hacks risk a ban from online activities.

I went ahead and bought the new games and am ready to play them normally. But it seems very likely that I'll have to update my Switch firmware. I wanted to check here first - is there anything important I should do before this, to facilitate future hacks and not lock myself out of anything?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is the right place to ask. Forgive me if it isn't.

So with pkhex releasing for sword/shield i find myself removing my sd card ALOT. So 2 questions here

Is there anyway to avoid having to re insert a payload and restart my console everytime i remove the sd card?

2-Is there anyway to access the sd card and read/write to it while it's inside the switch so i dont have to keep removing it?
Use the homebrew application nxmtp.

hello, been out of the loop for a long time. Last time i checked in was around the time that there was a rumor or someone said that there was going to be a softmod for 3.0.1 which is where my switch has been since the beginning, i havent used it. Did that softmod ever come out? I don't want to fiddle with any hardmod myself and i just need a yes or no question. If it happens to be out already ill just go do the research on how to install but if its not then i don't really have to bother. If there is a softmod but needs a higher firmware than tips on updating to a specific firmware would be helpful.
The softmod has been released and is known as Deja Vu. It boots CFW via a network connection.

Hi guys, I'm a idiot. It's from yesterday that I'm trying to return to fw 9.0.1 after I used a old nand backup (christmas 2017). Choidujour continue to give me errors and I don't know what to do.
ChoiDujour does not support any firmware versions past 6.1

Hi I have Pokémon Sword on my SX OS switch. I’m wondering if I buy Pokémon Shield on my unhacked/online switch, can I trade Pokémon locally from my hacked switch to my unhacked switch and still play online just fine on my unhacked switch?
Sure as long as you don't trade anything too sketchy.

I have problem when trying to update my system-firmware on my nintendo switch, the firmware im currently running is 5.1.0 and I'm trying to get to 9.0.1 but I've also tried 9.0.0. When runing ChoiDujourNX v1.0.2 I'm starting the installation but when I've installed 104 NCAs it just stops the last things it said done is "deleted placehld for ...." a lot of times. Does anyone have a solution for this and how to update the firmware it would be really apreciated.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm currently on system 5.1.0
Where are you downloading the firmware files from?

How to boot to horizon with no SD and AutoRCM? If i launch hekate, it wont let me boot horizon cause theres no config file. Any other payload/option?
Impossible.

I want to revert my switch back to ofw and sell it. When I got it it was below 3.0, I backed up the nand with hekate (I'm pretty sure that's what I used anyway, it was a year ago) and used SXOS to run homebrew and XCIs and install NSPs. I haven't connected to the internet (at least not to nintendo, and haven't attached an account to the console) and all my updates have been with ChoiDujorNX, how can I revert it back to how it was when I got it and make sure I don't screw over whoever buys it?
Restore the NAND backup you made with Hekate using Hekate.

Is it possible to buy a new unpatched switch?
Nintendo has stopped manufacturing unpatched consoles to deter hackers.

Hello. I have a Switch that I bought upon its release back in 2017, and then never used. It should therefore be running some very old firmware.

I now want to play Pokemon Sword and Shield. As far as I know, it's not really possible to play pirated games yet and any kind of Switch hacks risk a ban from online activities.

I went ahead and bought the new games and am ready to play them normally. But it seems very likely that I'll have to update my Switch firmware. I wanted to check here first - is there anything important I should do before this, to facilitate future hacks and not lock myself out of anything?
Since your console is unpatched, nothing you do will ever change that fact because the exploit is reliant on the hardware.

Taro9s

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Super noob at switch hacking here, so hoping people here could help me answer some of my questions.

1) What happens to the console if Nintendo bans it? Does it just become bricked or something?

2) If pirated games are run in emmuNAND without going online, can Nintendo still detect it?

3) Is there any way to transfer saves from a patched switch to an unpatched switch?

Thanks a lot in advance!

cedeking

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello everyone!
i just got my hands on pokemon sword and i find out that pkhex team already patched for the new generation. The sad part is that my switch is patched.
Is there another way to backup file in order to use them with pkhex?

Nissegotski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Use the homebrew application nxmtp.

Where are you downloading the firmware files from?

From Darthsternie

I have a problem when upgrading my switch. I can't upgrade my System firmware because i get a error code: 0x4C02 which means 'Not enough free space for BIS System partition' but I have no clue what i can delete in there. I've installed gold leaf and I found a nsp file that i deleted but after uninstalling it I'm left with still not being able to upgrade the software. Does anyone have any ideas and what I should do? I've created a emuNAND and tried to upgrade its firmware aswell but found no success. I bought this console already modded so I dont know if there is any junk on the system partition that I can't find and I'm scared to just deleted random stuff. My console is running 5.1.0

Last edited by Nissegotski,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super noob at switch hacking here, so hoping people here could help me answer some of my questions.

1) What happens to the console if Nintendo bans it? Does it just become bricked or something?

2) If pirated games are run in emmuNAND without going online, can Nintendo still detect it?

3) Is there any way to transfer saves from a patched switch to an unpatched switch?

Thanks a lot in advance!
  1. First off, if a ban meant the console turned into a brick, a lawsuit would be the least of Nintendo''s worries. Secondly, it depends on the type of ban but bans generally prevent you from using some online service from Nintendo. To find out more, check out this thread
  2. Nope
  3. Use the local save data transfer feature
hello everyone!
i just got my hands on pokemon sword and i find out that pkhex team already patched for the new generation. The sad part is that my switch is patched.
Is there another way to backup file in order to use them with pkhex?
Get an unpatched Switch

Does nintendo ban shortly after they detect custom firmware or only when they do banwaves
Typically, Nintendo bans in waves

From Darthsternie

I have a problem when upgrading my switch. I can't upgrade my System firmware because i get a error code: 0x4C02 which means 'Not enough free space for BIS System partition' but I have no clue what i can delete in there. I've installed gold leaf and I found a nsp file that i deleted but after uninstalling it I'm left with still not being able to upgrade the software. Does anyone have any ideas and what I should do? I've created a emuNAND and tried to upgrade its firmware aswell but found no success. I bought this console already modded so I dont know if there is any junk on the system partition that I can't find and I'm scared to just deleted random stuff. My console is running 5.1.0
Try backing up all of your save data and performing a factory reset/system initialization.

MusicallyInspired

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can somebody tell me why after following the guide to the letter at https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/ that when I try to launch Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC (the hidden partition) it just reboots to Hetake instead? I see that entries in the hekate_ipl.ini file point to folder "atmosphere/kips" which does not exist on my SD card. Even after following the guide to the letter. I did not miss a step. Is this guide out of date or something? What's going on?

AndreGalvez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you running a physical cartridge, the game downloaded from the eshop, or an xci or nsp? If it's an xci or nsp, especially if it's one you downloaded, that might be causing your problem so try a different source if possible. If it's one of the first 2 (official copy) I got nothing sorry. What FW/CFW are you running and do you have anything running in the background?

No. Well more accurately no 100% safe way has been found. If you're running NSPs and going online you'll eventually get banned.

So as long as I don't use online while I'm running NSP I am supposed to be "safe". Right?

TheKuroiKaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it seems buying any new Switch is undesirable due to the "patch" I'm seeing mentioned on here. If I endeavor to go buy a used one out there what's the highest FW level I should accept?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently installed an NSP for Untitled Goose Game. Was running vanilla Atmosphere, now running Kosmos, issue remains the same though (which I'm not surprised by). When I go to launch the game the switch tells me a system update is required. Another game installed via NSP works fine.

Looking on the site where I downloaded the game from, it says that required firmware is 8.1.0 and required firmware is Atmosphere 0.9.3, yet in my system settings I see I'm running "8.1.0|AMS 0.9.4|E" So I'm not sure what exactly I'm missing, since my firmware seems to be on the correct version as far as I can tell.

Edit: the 8.1.0 is in my emuMMC, where I'm trying to run this. sysNAND is on 8.0.1, which I'm assuming doesn't matter.

Last edited by Sicklyboy,

PR3D4TOR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
1) So is there currently NO way if i get the newest switch to run a CFW on it for some rom hacking mods?
2) The RCM loader works with newest firmware but only with some serial number versions and not with the new hardware revision?
3) mind blown

---

ok just could get a Switch with FW 9.0.1 and the serial number like that: XAJ40017955xxx

According to the serial checker sites it is "safe". Does that mean i could do anything with it regarding CFW?

Last edited by PR3D4TOR,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.