SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. devilpyro

devilpyro Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2019
    Indonesia
    Hi, i just cant install fw 9.0, so i brought it to store and voila i managed to get to fw 9.0

Now the problem is, i download some game that used nsz format instead of nsp. Is there any way i can convert them to nsp or any way to install it to my switch? Tried using nscb.bat didnt work... :(

Also any tips to add cheat to game? I think i have to use edizon for atmosphere, but still didnt know how to add cheat

2. alexj9626

alexj9626 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 2, 2016
    Panama
    How to boot to horizon with no SD and AutoRCM? If i launch hekate, it wont let me boot horizon cause theres no config file. Any other payload/option?

3. valp

valp GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2010
    Brazil
    Hey dudes, I'm having some difficulties to transfer my emuMMC setup to a bigger SD.

I did the procedure described in a tutorial I found here (hddrawcopy to make an image of my old SD, then hddrawcopy to copy that image to the newer SD, then copying the raw partition to the final part of unallocated space, then deleting old partition, then inflating the fat32 partition). The results in Minitool seem perfect: 16Mb unallocated - fat32 partition - raw partition.

So, I booted the Switch and it worked immediately without the need to migrate emummc.

I installed some games and some time after, I got back to the console and there was kind of a blue screen, I restarted it and now hekate can't boot the cfw emummc.

The migrate emummc option says "no emummc or foreign emunand found". It's so strange, at first boot after procedure, the CFW Emummc boot worked perfectly, the system would list the bigger sized SD and all. And now, all of the sudden, it's broken, the boot goes back to Hekate.

4. darkriku2000

darkriku2000 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2009
    United States
    I want to revert my switch back to ofw and sell it. When I got it it was below 3.0, I backed up the nand with hekate (I'm pretty sure that's what I used anyway, it was a year ago) and used SXOS to run homebrew and XCIs and install NSPs. I haven't connected to the internet (at least not to nintendo, and haven't attached an account to the console) and all my updates have been with ChoiDujorNX, how can I revert it back to how it was when I got it and make sure I don't screw over whoever buys it?

5. joemama1995

joemama1995 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2015
    United States
    Is it possible to buy a new unpatched switch?

6. Unknown12345

Unknown12345 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2015
    Hello. I have a Switch that I bought upon its release back in 2017, and then never used. It should therefore be running some very old firmware.

I now want to play Pokemon Sword and Shield. As far as I know, it's not really possible to play pirated games yet and any kind of Switch hacks risk a ban from online activities.

I went ahead and bought the new games and am ready to play them normally. But it seems very likely that I'll have to update my Switch firmware. I wanted to check here first - is there anything important I should do before this, to facilitate future hacks and not lock myself out of anything?

7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Use the homebrew application nxmtp.

The softmod has been released and is known as Deja Vu. It boots CFW via a network connection.

ChoiDujour does not support any firmware versions past 6.1

Sure as long as you don't trade anything too sketchy.

Where are you downloading the firmware files from?

Impossible.

Restore the NAND backup you made with Hekate using Hekate.

Nintendo has stopped manufacturing unpatched consoles to deter hackers.

Since your console is unpatched, nothing you do will ever change that fact because the exploit is reliant on the hardware.

8. darkriku2000

Apr 13, 2009
    United States
    Will that also revert it to the original firmware?

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    It will revert it to whatever firmware your console was on when you dumped the NAND.

darkriku2000 likes this.
  10. darkriku2000

Apr 13, 2009
    United States
    Perfect thanks, just wanted to make sure before doing anything

Draxzelex likes this.
  11. Taro9s

Taro9s Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2019
    Canada
    Super noob at switch hacking here, so hoping people here could help me answer some of my questions.

1) What happens to the console if Nintendo bans it? Does it just become bricked or something?

2) If pirated games are run in emmuNAND without going online, can Nintendo still detect it?

3) Is there any way to transfer saves from a patched switch to an unpatched switch?

Thanks a lot in advance!

12. cedeking

cedeking Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2019
    Italy
    hello everyone!
    i just got my hands on pokemon sword and i find out that pkhex team already patched for the new generation. The sad part is that my switch is patched.
    Is there another way to backup file in order to use them with pkhex?

13. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.

Aug 1, 2008
    United States
    Antelope, CA
    Is there a custom icon for SD cards like there was on the 3DS? I have one that makes the 3DS' microSD card look like a mini 3DS icon. It's not necessary but I think it's a nice little touch.

14. JuansPotatoes

JuansPotatoes Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2019
    United States
    Does nintendo ban shortly after they detect custom firmware or only when they do banwaves

15. Nissegotski

Nissegotski Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2019
    Sweden
    From Darthsternie

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I have a problem when upgrading my switch. I can't upgrade my System firmware because i get a error code: 0x4C02 which means 'Not enough free space for BIS System partition' but I have no clue what i can delete in there. I've installed gold leaf and I found a nsp file that i deleted but after uninstalling it I'm left with still not being able to upgrade the software. Does anyone have any ideas and what I should do? I've created a emuNAND and tried to upgrade its firmware aswell but found no success. I bought this console already modded so I dont know if there is any junk on the system partition that I can't find and I'm scared to just deleted random stuff. My console is running 5.1.0

Last edited by Nissegotski, Nov 18, 2019
  16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    1. First off, if a ban meant the console turned into a brick, a lawsuit would be the least of Nintendo''s worries. Secondly, it depends on the type of ban but bans generally prevent you from using some online service from Nintendo. To find out more, check out this thread
    2. Nope
    3. Use the local save data transfer feature
    Get an unpatched Switch

Typically, Nintendo bans in waves

Try backing up all of your save data and performing a factory reset/system initialization.

17. MusicallyInspired

MusicallyInspired Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2017
    Canada
    Can somebody tell me why after following the guide to the letter at https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/ that when I try to launch Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC (the hidden partition) it just reboots to Hetake instead? I see that entries in the hekate_ipl.ini file point to folder "atmosphere/kips" which does not exist on my SD card. Even after following the guide to the letter. I did not miss a step. Is this guide out of date or something? What's going on?

18. AndreGalvez

AndreGalvez Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2017
    Mexico
    So as long as I don't use online while I'm running NSP I am supposed to be "safe". Right?

19. TheKuroiKaze

TheKuroiKaze Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2019
    United States
    So it seems buying any new Switch is undesirable due to the "patch" I'm seeing mentioned on here. If I endeavor to go buy a used one out there what's the highest FW level I should accept?

20. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy #JOYCONBOYZFOREVER

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    So I recently installed an NSP for Untitled Goose Game. Was running vanilla Atmosphere, now running Kosmos, issue remains the same though (which I'm not surprised by). When I go to launch the game the switch tells me a system update is required. Another game installed via NSP works fine.

Looking on the site where I downloaded the game from, it says that required firmware is 8.1.0 and required firmware is Atmosphere 0.9.3, yet in my system settings I see I'm running "8.1.0|AMS 0.9.4|E" So I'm not sure what exactly I'm missing, since my firmware seems to be on the correct version as far as I can tell.

Edit: the 8.1.0 is in my emuMMC, where I'm trying to run this. sysNAND is on 8.0.1, which I'm assuming doesn't matter.

Last edited by Sicklyboy, Nov 19, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted